This collection of thankful quotes will remind you that, despite our defeats, there are still many good things in life to be grateful for.
Being consistently thankful gives us many personal and social benefits.
Namely, it promotes happiness and enables us to cope when things get tough. It can also really strengthen our relationship with the people around us.
It may be hard to practice thankfulness amidst difficulties.
But, if you really want to live a content and meaningful life, being thankful and grateful is essential.
So, read through this list that will inspire you to cherish life as it is!
Check out the list below.
And don’t miss out these positive quotes.
Best Thankful Quotes
1. “Be thankful for what you have—you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
2. “I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy, and I am loved.” – Reba McEntire
3. “Strive to find things to be thankful for and just look for the good in who you are.” – Bethany Hamilton
4. “When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.” – Tecumseh
5. “Thankfulness is the quickest path to joy.” – Jefferson Bethke
6. “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” – Frank A. Clark
7. “The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.” – James E. Faust
8. “The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything. The soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.” – Hannah Whitall Smith
9. “There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.” – Anonymous
10. “The unthankful heart discovers no mercies, but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Famous Thankful Quotes
11. “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.” – Maya Angelou
12. “Don’t let the sun go down without saying thank you to someone, and without admitting to yourself that absolutely no one gets this far alone.” – Stephen King
13. “Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
14. “The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.” – Douglas Wood
15. “Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns—I am thankful that thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr
16. “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
17. “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” – James Allen
18. “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life—it’s all an experience.” – Roy T. Bennett
19. “We don’t need more to be thankful for, we just need to be more thankful.” – Carlos Castaneda
20. “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all the other virtues.” – Cicero
21. “Thankfulness creates gratitude which generates contentment that causes peace.” – Todd Stocker
22. “Who does not thank for little will not thank for much.” – Estonian Proverb
23. “I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks.” – William Shakespeare
24. “Be thankful for your allotment in an imperfect world. Though better circumstances can be imagined, far worse are nearer misses than you probably care to realize.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
Thankful Quotes That’ll Help You Overcome Struggles and Failures
25. “I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” – Anonymous
26. “We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning.” – Albert Barnes
27. “Be thankful for the struggles you go through. They make you stronger, wiser, and humble. Don’t let them break you. Let them make you.” – Anonymous
28. “When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” – Shauna Niequist
Thankful Quotes to Celebrate Life
29. “Gratitude means to recognize the good in your life, be thankful for whatever you have, some people may not even have one of those things you consider precious to you—love, family, friends. Each day, give thanks for the gift of life. You are blessed.” – Pablo
30. “Make it a habit to tell people, ‘Thank you.’ To express your appreciation sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.” – Ralph Marston
31. “Thanks for this day, for all birds safe in their nests, for whatever this is, for life.” – Barbara Kingsolver
32. “Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road.” – John Henry Jowett
33. “I’m thankful for each and every day. We never know when time is up.” – Chuck Berry
34. “Thank you for life, and all the little ups and downs that make it worth living.” – Travis Barker
35. “I’m just thankful for everything, all the blessings in my life, trying to stay that way. I think that’s the best way to start your day and finish your day. It keeps everything in perspective.” – Tim Tebow
Also read: Quotes to Live By
Thankful Quotes to Praise God for His Blessings
36. “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
37. “What I have done is worthy of nothing but silence and forgetfulness, but what God has done for me is worthy of everlasting and thankful memory.” – Joseph Hall
38. “I am what I am, I’m doing very well in my life, and I’m thankful to God for that.” – LL Cool J
39. “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.” – Anonymous
40. “I’ve started to look at life differently. When you’re thanking God for every little you—every meal, every time you wake up, every time you take a sip of water—you can’t help but be more thankful for life itself, for the unlikely and miraculous fact that you exist at all.” – A.J. Jacobs
41. “There is no better way to thank God for your sight than by giving a helping hand to someone in the dark.” – Hellen Keller
42. “Thank you God for everything in my life. The good and the bad. Some were blessings and some were lessons.” – Anonymous
43. “It’s really nice to wake up in the morning realizing that God has given me another day to live. Thank you, God.” – Anonymous
44. “‘Thank you,’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, and understanding.” – Alice Walker
45. “When you solve a problem, you ought to thank God and go on to the next one.” – Dean Rusk
Also read: God Quotes
Other Thankful Quotes for Those Grateful for Their Friends
46. “I’m so thankful for friendship. It beautifies life so much.” – L.M. Montgomery
47. “A friend. A friend is someone we turn to when our spirits need a lift. A friend is someone we treasure, for friendship is a gift. A friend is someone who fills our lives with beauty, joy, and grace. A friend makes the world we live in a better and happier place. Thank you for being my friend.” – Anonymous
48. “Thank you for touching my life in ways you never know. My riches do not lie in material wealth but in having friends like you.” – Anonymous
49. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” – John F. Kennedy
50. “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” – Albert Schweitzer
Were You Able to Think About the Things That You Are Thankful For?
When we get caught up in our failures, we tend to forget about the beautiful things we could be grateful for. That is understandable. After all, being thankful, especially in times of trouble, can be so challenging to practice.
This is when thankfulness becomes a choice. We have the power to take control of our feelings and perspectives in life. For instance, instead of feeling envious of the successes of others, we can always choose to be thankful and appreciative of their blessings.
Imagine living a life where we are content despite failures and disasters. It sounds like a good life, right? This is what it may look like for you if you take that one step into being habitually thankful.
So, make sure to express thankfulness every day—from the moment you wake up to when you rest your head at night. Let these quotes be your inspiration to start a habit of gratitude. Pause, reflect, and give thanks!