Here are the best When Harry Met Sally quotes that will make you re-watch this classic comedy film about love.
When Harry Met Sally is a romantic comedy film released in 1989 featuring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan.
It tells the story from the first meeting of Harry and Sally up to their decade long encounters in New York City.
The film gives a fresh take on romance with its light-hearted humor and realistic storyline.
So, if you want to know more about this movie and its lessons, don’t miss out on this collection!
Let’s get started.
And make sure to read these Titanic quotes and The Sandlot quotes.
Best When Harry Met Sally Quotes
1. “You look like a normal person, but actually, you are the angel of death.” – Sally Albright
2. “I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night.” – Harry Burns
3. “I’ll have what she’s having.” – Old Woman Customer
4. “Nothing. It’s just that all men are sure it never happened to them, and all women at one time or other have done it, so you do the math.” – Sally Albright
5. “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – Harry Burns
6. “When I buy a new book, I read the last page first. That way, in case I die, before I finish, I know how it ends. That, my friend, is a dark side.” – Harry Burns
7. “Everybody, could I have your attention, please? I’d like to propose a toast to Harry and Sally. To Harry and Sally, if Marie or I had found either of them remotely attractive, we would not be here today.” – Jess
8. “That doesn’t mean you’re deep or anything. I mean, yes, basically, I’m a happy person.” – Sally Albright
9. “You know, you may be the first attractive woman I’ve not wanted to sleep with in my entire life.” – Harry Burns
10. “As Harry puts it, men and women can never be friends because ‘the sex part always gets in the way.'” – Nora Ephron
11. “It is so nice when you can sit with someone and not have to talk.” – Harry Burns
12. “How much worse can it get than finishing dinner, having him reach over, pull a hair out of my head, and start flossing with it at the table?” – Sally Albright
13. “I’m saying that the right man for you might be out there right now, and if you don’t grab him, someone else will, and you’ll have to spend the rest of your life knowing that someone else is married to your husband.” – Marie
14. “No man can be friends with a woman he finds attractive.” – Harry Burns
15. “Harry, you’re going to have to try and find a way of not expressing every feeling that you have, every moment that you have them.” – Sally Albright
Related: All the Bright Places Quotes
Funniest When Harry Met Sally Quotes
16. “Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash.” – Sally Albright
17. “Harry, you might not believe this, but I never considered not sleeping with you a sacrifice.” – Sally Albright
18. “The first time we met, we hated each other.” – Harry Burns
19. “I want you to know that I will never want that wagon wheel coffee table.” – Marie
20. “You know how a year to a person is like seven years to a dog?” – Harry Burns
21. “You made a woman meow?” – Jess
22. “Baby fish mouth!” – Jess
23. “Six years later, you find yourself singing Surrey with a fringe, on top, in front of Ira!” – Harry Burns
24. “You take someone to the airport. It’s clearly the beginning of the relationship. That’s why I have never taken anyone to the airport at the beginning of a relationship. Because eventually, things move on and you don’t take someone to the airport, and I never wanted anyone to say to me, ‘How come you never take me to the airport anymore?'” – Harry Burns
25. “Had my dream again where I’m making love, and the Olympic judges are watching. I’d nailed the compulsories, so this is it, the finals. I got a 9.8 from the Canadians, a perfect 10 from the Americans, and my mother, disguised as an East German judge, gave me a 5.6. Must have been the dismount.” – Harry Burns
26. “Would you like to have dinner? Just friends.” – Harry Burns
27. “You’re the worst kind. You’re high maintenance, but you think you’re low maintenance.” – Harry Burns
28. “I have just as much of a dark side as the next person.” – Sally Albright
29. “Sure. Why don’t you have a dark side? No, you’re probably one of those cheerful people who dot their eyes with little hearts.” – Harry Burns
30. “You know, I have a theory that hieroglyphics are just an ancient comic strip about a character named Sphinxy.” – Harry Burns
When Harry Met Sally Quotes on Love
31. “Right now, everything is great, everyone is happy, everyone is in love, and that is wonderful. But you gotta know that sooner or later you’re gonna be screaming at each other about who’s gonna get this dish.” – Harry Burns
32. “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, and the thing is, I love you.” – Harry Burns
33. “Why can’t we get past this? I mean, are we gonna carry this thing around forever?” – Harry Burns
34. “You see? That is just like you, Harry. You say things like that, and you make it impossible for me to hate you. And I hate you, Harry, I really hate you. I hate you.” – Sally Albright
35. “Someone is staring at you in personal growth.” – Marie
36. “The point is, he just spent $120 on a new nightgown for his wife. I don’t think he’s ever gonna leave her.” – Marie
37. “What I’m saying is—and this is not a come-on in any way, shape, or form—is that men and women can’t be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.” – Harry Burns
38. “All this time, I’ve been saying that he didn’t want to get married. But the truth is, he didn’t want to marry me. He didn’t love me.” – Sally Albright
39. “You don’t bounce back from that right away.” – Jess
40. “You say I’m having sex with these men without my knowledge?” – Sally Albright
What Lessons Did You Learn From When Harry Met Sally?
You can never run out of life lessons from Harry and Sally’s story. Their growth as individuals and as people inside the relationship teaches us a lot about the realities of life.
It is an uncommon film that diverts from the passionate young love we see in fairytales and films. Instead, it focused on the realistic dynamics of an adult relationship.
Harry and Sally’s experiences and growth are things we can always look up to. After all, we don’t have much choice but to move on from our losses and take a step forward.
Have you watched When Harry Met Sally? What lines are your personal favorites? Let us know in the comments below.