Your world would be much more colorful if you lived life with thanks, so read these appreciation quotes that’ll open your eyes to all the things you should be grateful for.
Life will always have downsides. If you focus on them too much, you’ll fall into a rabbit hole filled with negative emotions and thoughts.
When that happens, you’ll fail to see the beauty scattered in all aspects of life.
So, instead of focusing on the negatives and the things we lack, we must be more appreciative of those we do have.
With appreciation, we can change our lives for the better, and we’ll find happiness and contentment in every step of the journey.
If you need help fostering a grateful heart, read through the quotes we’ve gathered below. We’re sure you’ll leave with a lesson or two that will improve your life!
Continue reading below.
And don’t forget to check out these respect quotes.
Best Appreciation Quotes
1. “Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it all into words is all that is necessary.” – Margaret Cousins
2. “Appreciation, not possession, makes a thing ours.” – Marty Rubin
3. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire
4. “Appreciation is the currency of success.” – Shaka Smart
5. “If you do not appreciate every day of your life, who said that the days and years will be an asset for the future?” – Sunday Adelaja
6. “Change your expectation for appreciation, and the world changes instantly.” – Tony Robbins
7. “Begin each day with appreciation because this life you’re living is your own creation.” – Christy Ann Martine
8. “Appreciate what you have, where you are, and who you are within this moment.” – Tony Clark
9. “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” – Dalai Lama
10. “I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.” – Elbert Hubbard
Famous Appreciation Quotes
11. “The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.” – William Jones
12. “Next to excellence is the appreciation of it.” – William Makepeace Thackery
13. “Appreciate what you have, while you have it, or you’ll learn what it meant to you after you lose it.” – Frank Sonnenberg
14. “Let us awaken and feel alive with joy and appreciation for the gift of this life.” – Brendon Burchard
15. “Step back and appreciate all others who share your planet. Because without them, you would cease to be.” – Abraham Hicks
16. “Be nice to everyone, always smile, and appreciate things because it could all be gone tomorrow.” – Cory Monteith
Also read: Famous Quotes, Positive Quotes
Appreciation Quotes to Inspire Gratitude
17. “Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.” – Northrup Christiane
18. “By being grateful, appreciating all we have instead of focusing on what is lacking, we allow more of the same to flow toward us.” – William Powers
19. “The best way to appreciate life is to be grateful.” – Wisdom Kwashie Mensah
20. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
21. “The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.” – Douglas Wood
22. “Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes to simply be human. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.” – Meredith Grey
23. “Gratitude is the appreciation of things that are not deserved, earned or demanded – those wonderful things that we take for granted.” – Renée Paule
Short Appreciation Quotes
24. “Appreciation is application for more.” – Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
25. “Appreciation is true wealth.” – Jaja Requa
26. “When eating fruit, remember the one who planted the tree.”– Vietnamese Proverb
27. “By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property.” – Voltaire
28. “Be verbal in acknowledging your appreciation.” – Catherine Pulsifer
29. “Appreciate the plant that grows on your balcony only for you.” – Vineet Raj Kapoor
30. “Begin with praise and honest appreciation.” – Dale Carnegie
31. “Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation.” – Dale Dauten
Also read: Short Quotes
Appreciation Quotes to Open Your Eyes to Life’s Wonders
32. “When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.” – Tecumseh
33. “Practice appreciation for who you are and what you have—and allow your life to unfold in the most amazing way.” – Millen Livis
34. “An appreciation of what you have brings the ultimate abundance in your life.” – Debasish Mridha
35. “It’s a funny thing about life; once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
36. “For one minute, walk outside, and stand there, in silence. Look up at the sky and contemplate how amazing life is.” – Anonymous
37. “Once we discover how to appreciate the timeless values in our daily experiences, we can enjoy the best things in life.” – Jerome K. Jerome
38. “Learning to appreciate everything in life becomes a grand blessing. Problems cannot bother you anymore.” – Premlatha Rajkumar
Motivational Appreciation Quotes That’ll Push You Closer to Contentment
39. “Richness does not come from wealth or splendor, but from an appreciation of those things that you cannot buy.” – Debasish Mridha
40. “In the end, you need to appreciate things before they are gone.” – Surya Raj
41. “Upgrade your past by seeing it with appreciation.” – Alan Cohen
42. “Understand your worth. Value your life. Appreciate your blessings.” – Anonymous
43. “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” – Charles Schwab
44. “When you have something, use it with appreciation before you lose it and always remember those who don’t have it.” – Mary Uwamahoro
45. “Instead of being impatient because you have to wait for something, be grateful for the extra time you have now to notice and appreciate your surroundings.” – Danielle Tinning
46. “I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.” – Elbert Hubbard
Appreciation Quotes for a Change in Perspective
47. “Hopeful thinking can get you out of your fear zone and into your appreciation zone.” – Martha Beck
48. “Appreciating what you have is the best cure for missing what you have lost.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
49. “Most people are unhappy because they’re focused on what they want rather than appreciating what they have.” – Marty Rubin
50. “What makes me happy is the appreciation of people around me.” – Nadia Comaneci
51. “The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.” – William James
52. “All the appreciation I have been receiving has been very encouraging. It pushes me to do better.” – Armaan Malik
53. “Make it a habit to tell people, ‘Thank you,’ to express your appreciation sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.” – Ralph Marston
Wise Appreciation Quotes That’ll Leave You With Valuable Lessons
54. “Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.” – Alan Cohen
55. “Appreciation is a better stimulant than money. Money boosts the ego, but appreciation touches the soul.” – Debasish Mridha
56. “Appreciation has the amazing habit of bringing more reasons to be grateful for.” – Isabella Koldras
57. “Having lived with nothing is the gift that allows me to appreciate the privilege of having everything.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
58. “The achievement is appreciation. Your ability to be surprised and awed by beauty!” – William Hurt
Appreciation Quotes for Friends
59. “I appreciate your compassion and understanding. If you ever need a friend to listen to, I’ll always be here to return the favor.” – Anonymous
60. “Love those who appreciate you, and appreciate those who love you.” – Connor Chalfant
61. “Show appreciation for those you care about. Let your love be known so they are aware.” – Catherine Pulsifer
62. “Friends like you are what make life worthwhile. I can’t wait to see what the years ahead of us bring. I appreciate the times we’ve had thus far.” – Anonymous
Great Appreciation Quotes for Work
63. “All leadership is appreciative leadership. It’s the capacity to see the best in the world around us, in our colleagues, and in the groups we are trying to lead.” – David Cooperrider
64. “Without appreciation and respect for other people, true leadership becomes ineffective, if not impossible.” – George Foreman
65. “Knowing how things work is the basis for appreciation, and is thus a source of civilized delight.” – William Safire
Also read: Quotes for Work
Other Appreciation Quotes That You Must Read Today
66. “Appreciate the lovers rather than acknowledging the haters.” – Sophia L Skaalerud
67. “I give appreciation for my life, and I see the miracle in each moment.” – Victoria L. White
68. “What we all have in common is an appreciation of kindness and compassion; all the religions have this. We all lean towards love.” – Richard Gere
69. “I think the best way to show appreciation for things going well is to make things better.” – David Droga
70. “Simply give to yourselves that which you need—which is love and appreciation without judgment.” – Réné Gaudette
Did These Appreciation Quotes Help You Realize Everything You Need to Be Grateful for in Life?
What we think in our minds manifests itself in the life we live. If we’re only thinking of negative thoughts, don’t you think those negative things will translate to real life? This is why it’s essential to maintain a positive and appreciative headspace at all times.
We create the lives we want to live, and the only way to build a happy and full life is to appreciate everything we already have. Appreciating all experiences—good and bad—is also essential to gaining more knowledge and becoming more equipped to deal with life.
By becoming more appreciative, we open our eyes to all the wonders of life. From small things like butterflies hovering over flowers to big things like a major promotion or the birth of a new life—everything’s just much more fulfilling. After all, if we’re appreciative, we find joy and contentment in everything we encounter.
So, learn to live with a grateful heart, just like what you’ve learned from the quotes above. Doing so will fill your life with much more color, fun, and excitement!