We’ve gathered our favorite cheetah quotes for your entertainment needs.
So what are you waiting for? Whether you’re a cheetah fan or if you need some inspiring quotes to get you by, then this collection might just fit the bill.
Cheetahs are known for their speed and stealth, therefore making them the ultimate symbol of survival, strength, and persistence.
Learn more about one of the world’s big cats through the full list below.
Start reading here.
And don’t forget to check out these leopard quotes and tiger quotes.
Best Cheetah Quotes
1. “Have the will of a tiger, the speed of a cheetah, and the heart of a lion.” – Kevin McCarty
2. “Why should I stretch? Does a cheetah stretch before it chases its prey?” – Ken Griffy Jr.
3. “To me, fast food is when a cheetah eats an antelope.” – George Carlin
4. “There’s a cheetah walking high, liquid whispers dragonfly, charleston booties painted toes, drop the knot ivory soul.” – The Cars
5. “You have to write as if you were being pursued by a cheetah across the Serengeti.” – Nicholas G. Carr
6. “Nature’s orchestra includes not just Homosapiens, but elephants, whales, manatees, eagles, cheetahs, orangutans, and many others.” – Gregory Colbert
7. “I want to show off how beautiful my subjects are—whether it’s a cheetah, or a live girl, or two of them together.” – Bunny Yeager
8. “A man with the heart of a chicken must have the legs of a cheetah.” – Anonymous
9. “If there is only one Creator who made the tiger and the lamb, the cheetah and the gazelle, what is He playing at? Is he a s*d*st who enjoys spectator blood sports? Is he maneuvering to maximize David Attenborough’s television ratings?” – Richard Dawkins
Interesting Cheetah Quotes
10. “In the Serengeti, Ms. Lane, I would be the cheetah. I’m stronger, smarter, faster, and hungrier than everything else out there. And I don’t apologize to the gazelle when I take it down.” – Karen Marie Moning
11. “The more I think about it, the more there is to be said for the sloth. He sleeps fifteen to eighteen hours a day and is known to have taken forty-eight days to travel four miles. He hangs in the trees after he’s dead. But he lives longer than the cheetah.” – Erma Bombeck
12. “Did you see it? It was like a cross between a magpie nest and a ball of yarn after it’s been mauled by a cheetah.” – Marissa Meyer
13. “We climbed under the chain fence and knelt around Dad while he petted the cheetah. By then, a few people had begun to gather. One man was calling to us to get back behind the chain fence. We ignored him. I knelt close to the cheetah. My heart was beating fast, but I wasn’t scared, only excited. I could feel the cheetah’s hot breath on my face. He looked right at me. His amber eyes were steady but sad as if he knew he’d never see the plains of Africa again.” – Jeannette Walls
14. “One downside of living with a were-cheetah is that he purrs when he’s happy. At times, the apartment vibrated all day from MeShack’s enjoyment of life.” – Kenya Wright
Cheetah Quotes on Speed and Strength
15. “I don’t think my moped could outrun a cheetah.” – Jonathon Messinger
16. “They can’t stop what they can’t catch.” – Anonymous
17. “A competitive athlete is painful to look at; trying hard to become an animal rather than a man, he will never be as fast as a cheetah or as strong as an ox.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
18. “Take, for example, the African jungle—the home of the cheetah. On whom does the cheetah prey? The old, the sick, the wounded, the weak, the very young, but never the strong. Lesson: if you would not be prey, you had better be strong.” – G. Gordon Liddy
19. “Obviously, if animals were included in the Olympics, humans wouldn’t take home any gold medals. We can’t run as fast as a cheetah, swim as well as a fish, or lift as much weight as an elephant.” – Linda Bender
20. “A coward may have the legs of a cheetah, but time has the legs of lightning.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
21. “Bluefin tuna is sort of like the cheetah of the ocean. It’s the fastest fish. It’s a warm-blooded fish. But it’s got a $100,000 price tag on its head.” – Paul Watson
22. “I’m a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm.” – Iggy Pop
23. “What the frick?! You got some cheetah blood in you or what? How did you run so fast?” – Wendy Higgins
24. “When the ancestors of the cheetah first began pursuing the ancestors of the gazelle, neither of them could run as fast as they can today.” – Richard Dawkins
Cheetah Quotes on Nature, Wildlife, and Their Habitat
25. “I can give or take elephants; I never can find the cheetah, but the zebras captivate me. They’d be one of the few things that would fit if we were lucky enough to live in a world that’s black or white.” – Jodi Picoult
26. “These magnificent species of Africa—elephants, rhino, lions, leopards, cheetah, the great apes—this is a treasure for all humanity, and they are not for sale. They are not for trade. They need to be valued and preserved by humanity. We all need a global commitment to that.” – Patrick Bergin
27. “In the year 2007, seals, otters, lions, turtles, frogs, apes, snakes, butterflies, polar bears, cheetahs, whales are disappearing along with their variously furnished homes: cloud forests, rain forests, ice pack, boreal forests, coral reefs, forests of deciduous trees, conifer and palm.” – Eban Goodstein
28. “Cheetah genes cooperate with cheetah genes but not with camel genes, and vice versa. This is not because cheetah genes, even in the most poetic sense, see any virtue in the preservation of the cheetah species. They are not working to save the cheetah from extinction like some molecular World Wildlife Fund.” – Richard Dawkins
29. “Pronghorn antelope were the second fastest mammals on earth—only an African cheetah could outrun them.” – C.J. Box
Inspiring Cheetah Quotes
30. “I grew a love for helpless, defenseless things. People would give me lions and jaguars. I had cheetahs, monkeys.” – Dick Dale
31. “Life is a snail ride. Move at your own pace. Do what you want to do. And also move like a cheetah when you feel like it. And strike like a lion. People will learn.” – Joshua Aaron Guillory
32. “The ‘Cheetah Generation’ refers to the new and angry generation of young African graduates and professionals, who look at African issues and problems from a totally different and unique perspective.” – George Ayittey
33. “Officially, the Iranian cheetah is thought to be extinct in Afghanistan, but I am sure a population remains. Dare mighty things. Go find it.” – Alex Deghan
34. “I shot a quick look at Logan to see how he reacted to that news and was met by the golden eyes of a Cheetah, sitting calmly on his chair. I guess I would have played animal charades if I could have, too, but it was hard to gauge the emotional reactions of an African predator.” – April White
35. “Nothing in the universe can travel at the speed of light, they say, forgetful of the shadow’s speed.” – Howard Nemerov
36. “It’s funny, one of my most solid carpet moments happened in the very beginning, before I started thinking that I needed all these other people to do my hair and makeup, and pick out my clothes. I wore a cheetah sweater and a red hat, and it’s one of my favorite looks, even still.” – Dawn Olivieri
37. “I’m going to focus on speed, doing little things like my turns and my starts, just speed.” – Ryan Lochte
38. “If I had butterscotch pants and a cheetah sweater, I’d be just fine.” – Greg Behrendt
39. “Cheetah bit me whenever he could. The ‘Tarzan’ movie apes were all homosexuals, eager to wrap their paws around Johnny Weismuller’s thighs. They were jealous of me, and I loathed them.” – Maureen O’Sullivan
Funny Cheetah Quotes
40. “A hippie is someone who looks like Tarzan, walks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah.” – Ronald Reagan
41. “He just walked in and hugged the cheetah, and was great friends with him. They were buddy-buddy in a minute.” – Carroll Ballard
42. “I saw this bloke chatting up a cheetah. He was trying to pull a fast one.” – Tim Vine
43. “I ran like a cheetah—well, like a cheetah that smoked too much.” – John Green
44. “I’m into cotton underwear. I don’t need cheetah print leather to make me feel sexy.” – Nelly Furtado
More Quotes About Cheetahs
45. “I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
46. “I drew when I was very, very young. My mom kept stuff I drew when I was 2 and a half years old, because it looked like, you know, like a jaguar as opposed to a cheetah.” – Dan Povenmire
47. “I go to bed wearing a very baggy one-piece cheetah suit, just because it makes my son laugh. My sexy lingerie has been locked in a drawer for a while.” – Sandra Bullock
48. “Every girl likes to just rock out when they put music on in their room. I learned that personally when fans would tell us how much they loved to make up their own dances to Cheetah Girls songs.” – Sabrina Ryan
49. “Friendship is the complete explanation of what a Cheetah Girl is—if you have that true friendship, you can conquer anything you want.” – Sabrina Ryan
50. “I felt alone on a Serengeti plain with a cheetah circling.” – C.D. Reiss
What’s Your Takeaway From Today’s Collection of the Best Cheetah Quotes?
Cheetahs are the ultimate runners—after all, they are the fastest land animals on the planet. Speed and agility is one of the most important lessons we can get from these wild cats. As you know, they’re capable of reaching speeds of up to 70 mph, and because of this, the chances of them capturing their prey greatly increases.
The same with life, we can’t just sit around, waiting for things to happen. Time constantly moves and if we lose focus, we’ll notice that a lot of time has already passed by. Cheetahs teach us to move quickly and to act fast—towards our goals, our dreams, and our happiness.
What other lessons did you learn today? Which quotes are your favorites? Would you like us to make a collection on your favorite animals? Let us know which one through the comments below.