Life can never be smooth and easy all the time, so if you need daily reminders to guide you, check our collection of the best endurance quotes!
Sometimes, having endurance in life can be quite difficult. We strive so hard to reach our desired goals, but we can get demotivated when we don’t attain them instantly.
This is where endurance comes in; we must be resolute and firm in reaching our dreams, no matter how challenging the situation appears.
When we endure all hardships, we’ll find the light at the end of the tunnel. It’ll always be our choice of whether or not to give up or continue going. So, choose to persevere and endure.
Just keep your eyes focused on what you want to achieve, and with endurance, you’ll undoubtedly conquer it!
So, to help you start your journey toward success, read the best endurance quotes we’ve compiled.
Check out the complete list below.
Best Endurance Quotes
1. “Endurance in this wicked world is the bravest thing a person can show through it all.” – Victoria Landrum
2. “Endurance is the crowning quality, and patience is the passion of great hearts.” – James Russell Lowell
3. “The men who learn endurance, are they who call the whole world, brother.” – Charles Dickens
4. “True endurance, I think, comes from the inside. It comes from motivation and belief in what you’re doing.” – Neil Strauss
5. “Your endurance is strongly influenced by your fundamental myth about fighting.” – Toba Beta 6. “Endurance is incomplete if it is only your body that is strong. You need to lift your mind and spirit as well.” – Anonymous
7. “Not in achievement, but in endurance, of the human soul, does it show its divine grandeur and its alliance with the infinite.” – Edwin Hubbel Chapin
8. “Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing but to turn it into glory.” – William Barclay
9. “You must be fast enough—you must have endurance. So you run fast for speed and repeat it many times for endurance.” – Emil Zatopek
10. “Endurance is about overcoming obstacles. Some obstacles prevent us from doing things we’ve set out to do, and some obstacles prevent us from even getting started in working toward a goal or a dream. Without endurance, we end up stuck or give up trying, and that means we aren’t reaching our full potential.” – Darcy Luoma
Endurance Quotes to Inspire You to Power Through Challenges
11. “If you can learn to endure pain, you can survive anything. Some people learn to embrace it—to love it. Some endure it by drowning it in sorrow or by making themselves forget. Others turn it into anger.” – Sarah J. Maas
12. “Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change.” – Johann Friedrich von Schiller
13. “A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. Ideas have endurance without death.” – John F. Kennedy
14. “It is far better to endure the pain now and enjoy it later. Life is all about endurance.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
15. “Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.” – Gautama Buddha
16. “At the end of the day, it’s about how much you can bear, how much you can endure. Being together, we harm nobody; being apart, we extinguish ourselves.” – Tabitha Suzuma
17. “You’ll encounter difficulties at any job, and the best way for me to get through them is via endurance.” – Liu Wen
18. “Endurance and to be able to endure is the first lesson a child should learn because it’s the one they will most need to know.” – Jean Jacques Rousseau
19. “Humans are built for endurance, not speed. We’re awful sprinters compared to every other animal. We try to run our races as if they were speed races, but they are not. They’re endurance races. Even a marathon, the way it’s run now, it’s not an endurance contest.” – Christopher McDougall
Also read: Encouraging Quotes
Short Endurance Quotes That Are Full of Meaning
20. “Heroism is endurance for one moment more.” – George F. Kennan
21. “Endurance is patience concentrated.” – Thomas Carlyle
22. “Endurance is staying calm under storms.” – Ruchi Gambhir
23. “He conquers who endures.” – Persius
24. “Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
25. “A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.” – Edgar J. Mohn
26. “Endurance is the queen of all virtues.” – Chrysostom
27. “Prolonged endurance tames the bold.” – Lord Byron
28. “Endurance is an eternal grace.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
29. “Endurance is nobler than strength, and patience than beauty.” – John Ruskin
30. “Endurance is as necessary as enjoyment.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
Also read: Short Quotes
Endurance Quotes for Your Motivation
31. “Those who can bear all can dare all.” – Marquis De Vauvenargues
32. “Every calamity is to be overcome by endurance.” – Virgil
33. “My endurance has always been a strong point of mine—I think that has helped me in my fights.” – Carlos Condit
34. “The brave heart is called to the school itself in slow endurance against griefs that strike deep into the bosom.” – Aeschylus
35. “Endurance—it is the spirit which can bear things, not simply with resignation, but with blazing hope. It is the quality that keeps a man on his feet with his face to the wind. It is the virtue which can transmute the hardest trial into glory because beyond the pain it sees the goal.” – Anonymous
36. “Come what may, all bad fortune is to be conquered by endurance.” – Virgil
37. “Nothing happens to any man that he is not formed by nature to bear.” – Marcus Aurelius
Endurance Quotes to Strengthen Your Faith in God
38. “With faith and obedience practiced long enough, the Holy Ghost becomes a constant companion, our natures change, and endurance becomes certain.” – Henry B. Eyring
39. “We really feel happier when things look bleak. Hope is endurance. Hope is holding on and going on and trusting in the Lord.” – Michael Novak
40. “When everything goes wrong, what a joy to test your soul and see if it has endurance and courage. An invisible and all-powerful enemy—some call him God, others the Devil, seems to rush upon us to destroy us; but we are not destroyed.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
41. “God places the heaviest burden on those who can carry its weight.” – Reggie White
42. “Do not pray for an easy life; pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
Also read: God Quotes
Endurance Quotes From the Bible
43. “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” – Galatians 6:9
44. “Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly, we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” – 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
45. “For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.” – Romans 15:4
46. “We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” – 1 Thessalonians 1:3
47. “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” – Hebrews 12:1
Endurance Quotes That Zoom in on One’s Struggles
48. “There always comes, I think, a sort of peak in suffering at which either you win over your pain or your pain wins over you, according as to whether you can, or cannot, call up that extra ounce of endurance that helps you to break through the circle of yourself and do the hitherto impossible.” – Elizabeth George
49. “Scars are not signs of weakness, they are signs of survival and endurance.” – Rodney A. Winters
50. “Out of suffering comes the serious mind; out of salvation, the grateful heart; out of endurance, fortitude; out of deliverance faith. Patient endurance attends to all things.” – Teresa Of Avila
51. “May you find the strength of will and the grace of endurance to overcome every challenge.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
52. “The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” – Frederick Douglass
53. “My strength is also my endurance. I can bear anything and everything.” – Urfi Javed
54. “The secret of endurance is to remember that your pain is temporary, but your reward will be eternal.” – Rick Warren
More Endurance Quotes for Those Who Want to Learn Positive Values
55. “Persistence and endurance will make you omnipotent.” – Casey Neistat
56. “The first virtue in a soldier is the endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
57. “Unless you have courage, a courage that keeps you going, always going, no matter what happens, there is no certainty of success. It is really an endurance race.” – Henry Ford
58. “To conquer, you must endure not just your own suffering but the suffering of others. Indifference is the ultimate evolutionary achievement, the highest rung on nature’s ladder.” – Rick Yancey
59. “Without patient endurance, even the smallest thing becomes unbearable. A lot depends on our attitude.” – Dalai Lama
60. “Life is not a PG feel-good movie. Real life often ends badly. Literature tries to document this reality while showing us it is still possible for us to endure nobly.” – Anonymous
Did These Endurance Quotes Awaken the Strength That Lies Within You?
Endurance is a crucial factor that powers our drive to succeed. Without it, we’ll be left demotivated with no fire to push through obstacles.
Life is filled with challenges, and the only way out of them is to persevere and endure. It will never be enough to just start your journey. You need to follow through and continue, no matter how tough things become.
It is only through enduring these hardships that we can survive this ever-changing and challenging world. So, stand firm and believe that if you stick to your problems long enough, you’ll eventually find practical solutions and answers.
With that, we hope this list of endurance quotes was able to show you just how important it is to remain steadfast in life. No success will come if we stay in one spot. We have to constantly move and conquer all challenges each step of the way!