If you want to fully understand how humanity is made in the image of God, then check out this collection of Christian quotes.
Being a Christian is following the steps of Christ. It means reading the Bible, praying daily, and attending church regularly.
However, following God doesn’t stop just by doing those regular Christian practices. Being a true believer of the Lord means embodying His words and values.
When we’re good Christians, we recognize that love and compassion must be our ruling principle in life because that’s what God did.
Indeed, there is so much more to being a Christian. So, if you want to find out, then make sure to read our complete collection below.
Our list of quotes will undoubtedly enlighten you on how to be a better follower of God!
Let’s get started.
Best Christian Quotes
1. “The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.” – C.S. Lewis
2. “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.'” – Billy Graham
3. “The true call of a Christian is not to do extraordinary things, but to do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.” – Arthur Penrhyn Stanley
4. “I’m not perfect. I’m never going to be, and that’s the great thing about living the Christian life and trying to live by faith is you’re trying to get better every day. You’re trying to improve.” – Tim Tebow
5. “To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.” – C.S. Lewis
6. “Your life as a Christian should make nonbelievers question their disbelief in God.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
7. “Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion. It is like a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.” – Billy Graham
Powerful Christian Quotes
8. “Remember who you are. Don’t compromise for anyone, for any reason. You are a child of the Almighty God. Live that truth.” – Lysa TerKeurst
9. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” – Corrie ten Boom
10. “Religion says, ‘I obey. Therefore, I am accepted.’ Christianity says, ‘I’m accepted. Therefore, I obey.'” – Timothy Keller
11. “God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
12. “God doesn’t take you in a straight line. There are twists and turns. It may not happen the way you thought, but the disappointments, the bad breaks are all a part of God’s plan.” – Joel Osteen
13. “There is no one who is insignificant in the purpose of God.” – Alistair Begg
14. “God is able to take the mess of our past and turn it into a message. He takes the trials and tests and turns them into a testimony.” – Christine Caine
15. “Your potential is the sum of all the possibilities God has for your life.” – Charles Stanley
16. “God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.” – Max Lucado
17. “Don’t be dependent on man because they change like the wind. Depend on the Lord, and know that He is faithful to keep His word.” – Matthew Hagee
18. “God is looking for those with whom He can do the impossible. What a pity that we plan only the things that we can do by ourselves.” – A. W. Tozer
19. “Faith does not eliminate questions, but faith knows where to take them.” – Elisabeth Elliot
20. “What gives me the most hope every day is God’s grace, knowing that this grace is going to give me the strength for whatever I face, knowing that nothing is a surprise to God.” – Rick Warren
Christian Quotes to Help You Get Closer to God
21. “God will meet you where you are in order to take you where He wants you to go.” – Tony Evans
22. “Remember whose you are and whom you serve. Provoke yourself by recollection, and your affection for God will increase tenfold. Your imagination will not be starved any longer but will be quick and enthusiastic, and your hope will be inexpressibly bright.” – Oswald Chambers
23. “You don’t decide what you are. You are what God created you to be—a person fearfully and wonderfully made.” – Matthew Hagee
24. “Faith doesn’t always mean that God changes your situation. Sometimes, it means He changes you.” – Steven Furtick
25. “The greater your knowledge of the goodness and grace of God in your life, the more likely you are to praise Him in the storm.” – Matt Chandler
Short Christian Quotes for True Believers
26. “Christianity is a lifestyle, and being a Christian is more than a label.” – Joyce Meyer
27. “Whatever makes men good Christians makes them good citizens.” – Daniel Webster
28. “I wish not merely to be called Christian, but also to be Christian.” – Ignatius of Loyola
29. “Let God’s promises shine on your problems.” – Corrie ten Boom
30. “Joy is the infallible proof of the presence of God.” – Madeleine L’Engle
31. “When your will is God’s will, you will have your will.” – Charles Spurgeon
32. “Some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.” – Garth Brooks
33. “Every Christian is either a missionary or an imposter.” – Charles H. Spurgeon
Christian Quotes That Everyone Should Remember
34. “I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die, and it comes time for God to judge us, He will not ask, ‘How many good things have you done in your life?’ Rather, He will ask, ‘How much love did you put into what you did?'” – Mother Teresa
35. “The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless.” – Billy Graham
36. “If you’re going to be a Christian, you’re going to change. You’re going to lose some old friends, not because you want to, but because you need to.” – Johnny Cash
37. “No healthy Christian ever chooses suffering. He chooses God’s will, as Jesus did, whether it means suffering or not.” – Oswald Chambers
38. “Just because you go to church doesn’t mean you’re a Christian. I can go sit in the garage all day, and it doesn’t make me a car.” – Joyce Meyer
39. “Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees.” – Corrie ten Boom
Christian Quotes to Feel God’s Love
40. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” – Augustine of Hippo
41. “When you realize that God loves you and that He has a plan for your life, you can walk with your head held high—totally confident in who He created you to be.” – Joyce Meyer
42. “My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ, and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it.” – Brennan Manning
43. “The love of Christ always helps us see beyond the faults of others.” – Victor Manuel Rivera
44. “He said, ‘Love as I have loved you.’ We cannot love too much.” – Amy Wilson Carmichael
45. “In the midst of your battles, never forget that God loves you and He has a plan for you.” – Joyce Meyer
Christian Quotes About Life
46. “Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain. What was once foolishness to us, a crucified God must become our wisdom and our power and our only boast in this world.” – John Piper
47. “You were made by God and for God, and until you understand that, life will never make sense.” – Rick Warren
48. “The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven’t yet come to the end of themselves. We’re still trying to give orders and interfering with God’s work within us.” – A. W. Tozer
49. “Peace is so important. It’s a gift God gives us, and it grows in us just like fruit grows on trees—with time and nurturing. The key to living in peace begins with pursuing God and the peace only He can give.” – Joyce Meyer
50. “Wherever you are, be all there! Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God.” – Jim Elliot
51. “Having the answers is not essential to living. What is essential is the sense of God’s presence during dark seasons of questioning.” – Ravi Zacharias
52. “Money will never give you eternal life. Fame will never give you eternal life. Only Jesus Christ will give you eternal life.” – Matthew Hagee
53. “There is no greater discovery than seeing God as the author of your destiny.” – Ravi Zacharias
Christian Quotes to Cultivate Hope in Your Heart
54. “We can see hope in the midst of hopelessness. We can see peace in the midst of chaos. We have a hope that the world does not have. We can see clearly that all things work together for the good of them that love Him and are called according to His purpose.” – Priscilla Shirer
55. “There is not a single thing that Jesus cannot change, control, and conquer because He is the living Lord.” – Franklin Graham
56. “God has given you an anointed future with unlimited potential. Get happy about it.” – John Hagee
57. “God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons that we could learn in no other way.” – C.S. Lewis
58. “The will of God will not take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us.” – Billy Graham
59. “If you believe in a God who controls the big things, you have to believe in a God who controls the little things. It is we, of course, to whom things look ‘little’ or ‘big.'” – Elisabeth Elliot
60. “God has a purpose behind every problem. He uses circumstances to develop our character. In fact, He depends more on circumstances to make us like Jesus than He depends on our reading the Bible.” – Rick Warren
Christian Quotes That Will Strengthen Your Faith in Him
61. “True faith means holding nothing back. It means putting every hope in God’s fidelity to His promises.” – Francis Chan
62. “Faith is to believe what you do not see. The reward of this faith is to see what you believe.” – Augustine of Hippo
63. “God never made a promise that was too good to be true.” – Dwight L. Moody
64. “The issue of faith is not so much whether we believe in God, but whether we believe the God we believe in.” – R. C. Sproul
65. “Trust God for the impossible. Miracles are His department. Our job is to do our best, letting the Lord do the rest.” – David Jeremiah
66. “Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time.” – Oswald Chambers
67. “Unless and until we rest in God, we will never risk for God.” – Mark Buchanan
68. “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side. My greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” – Abraham Lincoln
69. “Today, you might be facing big trouble, but know that you serve a bigger God and everything will be alright.” – John Hagee
70. “God is more than able to guide you on the right path. Keep trusting Him.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
Did These Christian Quotes Inspire You to Live by the Word of God?
There are many times in our life when our faith will be put to the test. We will encounter hardships and struggles that will make us want to give up and lose hope to the point of questioning God.
In these times, we must remember that being a Christian means having stronger faith in God. We can do this by making sure that our life is led by love. If we do so, we will always have the inspiration and motivation to get up and do better in everything we do.
Being a Christian means making love the primary force that helps us battle the hardships we have in life. Difficult circumstances may knock us down, but we can only overcome them by having hope and trust in the love of Jesus Christ.
Hopefully, these quotes were able to strengthen your faith in God. If you find yourself losing hope in life, make sure to reread our list that will uplift and inspire you!