Turning your struggles into sources of strength is difficult, so check out these hardship quotes that’ll surely help you out!
We all go through different kinds of hardship in life. With each challenge we overcome, we grow one step closer to becoming the person we were meant to be.
Although negativities are inescapable, remember that each one has a purpose in our lives. All we need to do is understand how to approach and respond to them. Through this, we gain a better perspective on life.
After all, our response to our situation will either pull us down or push us forward in life. So, we must be responsible for our reactions; we must have courage and believe that every hardship is a stepping stone to success. If we do, we won’t be overwhelmed by the trials we face.
So, if you need guidance on how to overcome your hardships, read this list of quotes we’ve compiled for you!
We are optimistic that you will gain many insights into how to react to each circumstance you’ll encounter in life.
Check out this complete list below.
And make sure to read these endurance quotes and stoic quotes.
Best Hardship Quotes
1. “Even during the worst hardships, when the other things in our lives seem to fall apart, we can still find peace in the eternal love of God.” – Armstrong Williams
2. “Hardships can humble you, but it cannot break you unless you let it.” – Mizi Wahid
3. “When hardships come into your life, it breaks you for a while, but when it is done with, you evolve into a new person.” – Madalsa Sharma
4. “Individuals who have learned to endure and persevere through the storms of hardships are those who can dance in the rain during a storm.” – Ellen J. Barrier
5. “The more you read, the more you realize how important it is to help other people through hardship, rough times, challenging days or problems they currently experience.” – Catherine Pulsifer
6. “We have to remember that no matter how much hardship we go through in our life, there is always going to be that fragile place in our heart.” – Angie Martinez
7. “If you never know hardship, you can’t really support people around you.” – Natalia Vodianova
8. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
9. “Everybody goes through hardships, but hardships make you the person you are, and I feel that is important.” – Angad Bedi
Inspiring Hardship Quotes That Will Push You Forward
10. “Loss and hardships are unavoidable in life. However, how we deal with our pain is what will make us or break us.” – Melanie Willard
11. “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
12. “Once you have been through tough times, you can only become stronger.” – Alesha Dixon 13. “Hard times fall upon everybody. Whatever it is, we’re going to get out of it.” – Mike Tyson
14. “In today’s competitive world of hardship, we need to inspire each other to be inspired by each other.” – Munia Khan
15. “The truth is, we all face hardships of some kind, and you never know the struggles a person is going through. Behind every smile, there’s a story of a personal struggle.” – Adrienne C. Moore
16. “Sometimes the same hardship you wish would be removed is the very thing that is curing, protecting and saving you.” – Yasmin Mogahed
17. “Hardships are some of the most amazing blessings we could be given.” – Taylor Lakin
18. “The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.” – Blum
Also read: Encouraging Quotes, Moving Forward Quotes
Hardship Quotes for Those Seeking Success
19. “There is no success without hardship.” – Sophocles
20. “Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.” – Zig Ziglar
21. “The hardships that I encountered in the past will help me succeed in the future.” – Philip Emeagwali
22. “Hardship may come from the outside, but failure can only come from the inside.” – Melanie Hop
23. “Every entrepreneur has to deal with hardship, but if we’re tough enough and thoughtful enough, we can find a way to make hard things make us better.” – Eric Greitens
24. “Hardships, poverty and want are the best incentives, and the best foundation, for the success of man.” – Bradford Merrill
Also read: Success Quotes
Hardship Quotes to Reinforce Your Faith
25. “God is always with us and will bring us through every calamity and hardship if—and this is the key word—we remain faithful and process these difficulties correctly.” – Erol Woods
26. “A key to strengthening spiritual muscles and enduring hardship is finding strength in the Word of God.” – Walter Martin
27. “The greater hardship you endure, the greater the authority God entrusts to you.” – John Bevere
28. “God tests His people through hardship.” – John Piper
29. “You know that the scripture gives a promise, that the Lord is aware of all things, He knows the path you must travel, even the hardship that life brings.” – Greta Zwaan
30. “The best way to share your beliefs with others is to live according to your faith when you are under pressure when challenges arise, and even when life seems to be piling one hardship upon another on you.” – Nick Vujicic
31. “I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.” – Mother Teresa
Positive Hardship Quotes That’ll Lead You to Happiness
32. “At the end of hardship comes happiness. Don’t dream your life; live your dream. If it matters to you, you’ll find a way.” – Charlie Gilkey
33. “Even when we have physical hardships, we can be very happy.” – Dalai Lama
34. “Human happiness is defined by the hardships and conflicts you have been through. The greater they are, the greater is your happiness.” – Peter Deunov
35. “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” – Carl Jung
Also read: Happiness Quotes
Wise Hardship Quotes to Make You a Better Person
36. “Every hardship you go through today prepares you for the bigger, better, and glorious tomorrow only if you allow it to shape and mold your life during the pain.” – Dr. Lucas D. Shallua
37. “Hardship is a blessing when it spurs effort and development; ease is a curse when it increases complacency and self-indulgence.” – Muso Kokushi
38. “We often face hardships we can’t endure on our own and need patience to abide. Like passing through a long tunnel, we have no choice but to be patient until we reach the end.” – Joshua Choonmin Kang
39. “A meaningful life can be extremely satisfying even in the midst of hardship whereas a meaningless life is a terrible ordeal no matter how comfortable it is.” – Yuval Noah Harari
40. “As with the butterfly, adversity is necessary to build character in people.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
41. “It makes one a better person to have had hardships and to have overcome hardships and not to blame anybody else for your mistakes.” – Maureen Forrester
Hardship Quotes to Think About
42. “Adult life is full of hardship, childhood should be free of it.” – Geraldine Brooks
43. “I think it’s my personality to overcome things, learn from them and become stronger, both personally and professionally. To be honest, I welcome those hardships.” – Hope Solo
44. “When you’re playing somebody who’s going through a lot—frustration and hardship—you’re just purging all your emotions, and it feels really good to do that.” – Amanda Seyfried
45. “I took revenge on hardship from my earlier life by forgetting it.” – Alija Izetbegovic
46. “I think any hardship is better than pretending to do what one is paid for, and never really doing it.” – George Eliot
Hardship Quotes for Those Who Need the Strength to Continue
47. “To learn patience is not to rebel against every hardship.” – Henri Nouwen
48. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
49. “Even cowards can endure hardship; only the brave can endure suspense.” – Mignon McLaughlin
50. “You can be going through hardships sometimes, and you’re struggling, and then you’re wondering if you’re ever gonna make it.” – Becky Lynch
51. “When hardship occurs, it is easy to focus on hurt feelings attributed to the individuals you thought would show up that don’t—but I encourage you to instead embrace all the individuals that come out of the woodwork and surprise you.” – Steph Gold
52. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
53. “Life keeps throwing me curve balls, and I don’t even own a bat. At least my dodging skills are improving.” – Jayleigh Cape
54. “Hardships can harden even the best person.” – Amy Tan
More Hardship Quotes for Everyone With Struggles
55. “I’ve experienced many hardships, but mentally, I’ve always been older, and that reflects in my actions, too.” – Kailash Kher
56. “Explorers like to pretend that they are a select breed of people with iron nerve and an ability to endure terrible hardship.” – Tahir Shah
57. “I mean, we are tribal by nature, and sometimes success and material wealth can divide and separate—it’s not a new philosophy I’m sharing—more than hardship, hardship tends to unify.” – Colin Farrell
58. “It isn’t easy to suffer failure, go through all the pain and hardship.” – Abhinav Bindra
59. “All commitments require sacrifice and hardship.” – Adrien Brody
60. “I am hurt that some people criticize very harshly without even realizing the hardships which we go through.” – Hima Das
Did These Hardship Quotes Encourage You to Continue Striving for Your Dreams?
Hardship is what gives flavor to our lives. Without it, life would be plain, flavorless, and stagnant. We must never forget that every pain, problem, and suffering we encounter are inevitable parts of life that we can’t escape.
Instead of seeing them as negative things, let’s change our mindset into something more positive. We must believe that hardships are just preparing us for the next season of our lives.
After all, God will never give us a challenge we cannot handle. So, look ahead and know that something good will come after all your suffering. Also, remember that growth only happens in times of hardship.
During these times, you can get more in tune with your skills and capabilities. And, through that, you’ll hone them to something that can better withstand all your problems in life.
With that, we hope this list of hardship quotes was able to help you look at life a little differently. Remember that when life gets tough, all you need is to take it one step at a time and continue moving forward.