Embody the word of God and learn how to be a better person by reading these Bible quotes.
The Bible is an ancient scripture that tells the story of God and His creations. It is a religious text that shows the goodness and evil of humanity—a book that will light the way to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
As Christians, we must practice regularly reading the Bible because it is a source of guidance that will lead us closer to Him. Aside from this, it is also a way to help us grow as individuals—spiritually and morally.
Indeed, there is a lot to learn from the words of God. His teachings enlighten us about love, faith, and forgiveness which are essential in our lives.
So, make sure you don’t miss out on these quotes that will teach you how to be a good Christian.
Continue below to read the best Bible quotes.
Best Bible Quotes
1. “Love is patient, love is kind, it isn’t jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t arrogant, it isn’t rude, it doesn’t seek its own advantage, it isn’t irritable, it doesn’t keep a record of complaints, it isn’t happy with injustice, but it is happy with the truth.” – Corinthians 13:4-6
2. “I can endure all these things through the power of the one who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
3. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
4. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth gives way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” – Psalm 46:1-3
5. “Glory to God, who is able to do far beyond all that we could ask or imagine by His power at work within us.” – Ephesians 3:20
6. “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” – Timothy 6:12
7. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13
8. “Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit but in humility, count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests but also to the interests of others.” – Philippians 2:3-4
9. “Be on your guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.” – Corinthians 16:13
10. “And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28
11. “Be happy in your hope, stand your ground when you’re in trouble, and devote yourselves to prayer.” – Romans 12:12
12. “Remember this, whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.” – Corinthians 9:6
13. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
14. “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” – Corinthians 10:31
Inspirational Bible Quotes
15. “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man, it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.'” – Mark 10:27
16. “For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand. It is I who say to you, ‘Fear not, I am the one who helps you.'” – Isaiah 41:13
17. “So do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
18. “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds.” – James 1:2
19. “The Spirit of the Lord will come powerfully upon you, and you will be changed into a different person.” – Samuel 10:6
20. “It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.” – Psalm 18:32
21. “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.” – Isaiah 40:29
22. “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
23. “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” – John 1:5
24. “The Sovereign Lord is my strength. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer. He enables me to tread on the heights.” – Habakkuk 3:19
25. “Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely—dwell on these things.” – Philippians 4:8
26. “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
Bible Quotes About Love
27. “Everything should be done in love.” – Corinthians 16:14
28. “Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” – John 3:18
29. “Now faith, hope, and love remain—these three things. And the greatest of these is love.” – Corinthians 13:13
30. “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.” – Romans 12:10-11
31. “A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” – John 13:34
32. “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” – John 4:18
33. “And above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins.” – Peter 4:8
34. “If I speak in human or angelic tongues but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.” – Corinthians 13:1
35. “For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
Bible Quotes About Life
36. “God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life.” – Romans 8:28
37. “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus, our Lord.” – Romans 8:38-39
38. “Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise.” – Ephesians 5:15
39. “In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart, I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33
Bible Quotes That Everyone Should Remember
40. “Ask, and it will be given to you. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you.” – Matthew 7:7
41. “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.” – Ecclesiastes 3:1
42. “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness.” – Lamentations 3:22-23
43. “The mind controlled by the sinful nature is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.” – Romans 8:6
Bible Quotes for Those Who Believe In God’s Power
44. “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'” – John 4:16
45. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
46. “For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.” – Corinthians 11:12
47. “You have been born anew, not from perishable but from imperishable seed, through the living and abiding word of God.” – Peter 1:23
48. “I will praise the Lord, who counsels me. Even at night, my heart instructs me.” – Psalm 16:6-8
Wise Bible Quotes to Live By
49. “Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak.” – Corinthians 8:9
50. “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil. Hold fast to what is good.” – Romans 12:9
51. “Be happy with those who are happy, and cry with those who are crying.” – Romans 12:15
52. “Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.” – Hebrews 13:2
53. “So welcome each other, in the same way that Christ also welcomed you, for God’s glory.” – Romans 15:7
54. “Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.” – John 7:24
55. “Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.” – Peter 3:8
56. “Warn divisive people once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them.” – Titus 3:10
57. “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” – Proverbs 4:23
58. “Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.” – Peter 5:7
Bible Quotes to Help You Control Your Anger
59. “Get rid of all bitterness, rage, and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.” – Ephesians 4:31
60. “Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the heart of fools.” – Ecclesiastes 7:9
61. “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.” – James 1:19
62. “Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly.” – Proverbs 14:29
Meaningful Bible Quotes That’ll Strengthen Your Faith
63. “Now, faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” – Hebrews 11:1
64. “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.” – Romans 8:18
65. “You see that people are justified by what they do and not by faith alone.” – James 2:24
66. “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” – Psalm 34:18
67. “The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart trusts Him. I was helped, my heart rejoiced, and I thank Him with my song.” – Psalm 28:7
68. “Truly, my soul finds rest in God. My salvation comes from Him.” – Psalm 62:1
69. “Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.” – Hebrews 10:22
70. “Submit to God and be at peace with Him. In this way, prosperity will come to you.” – Job 22:21
Do You Regularly Read the Bible?
As followers of Jesus Christ, we often think that praying and practicing church activities can already make us good Christians. We are stuck with the thought that what we do is already enough and never try to learn more about His teachings.
However, we must realize the importance of taking His words inside our hearts. The Bible is our guide in being good Christians. It shows us the history, values, and lessons that the story of our Creator holds.
Without learning about all these things, we would act blindly and never grow beyond the person we are today. As they all say, to live in the likeness of Jesus, we must live His teachings and words.
Hopefully, our collection of Bible quotes was able to inspire you to be a better follower of God. Let our list help you make every day an opportunity to live according to His teachings and be a good Christian!