These simplicity quotes will help you be content and grateful for the simple things in life.
They say life is hard, but do you know why? It’s because people are always dissatisfied, no matter what they have. Man has a tendency to seek more, even when he has enough.
Living an extravagant lifestyle is not a crime. But, with success and fortune come different things that may cause us anxiety and stress.
With that, it’s important to note that having a simple life can reduce stress and problems that complicate your life.
We’ve gathered these quotes about simplicity to inspire you to be grateful for what you have and to remind you that you can be happy with simple things.
Sometimes, less is more, and this collection will remind you of that fact!
Start reading here.
Best Simplicity Quotes
1. “Simplicity boils down to two steps: identify the essential. Eliminate the rest.” – Leo Babauta
2. “Simplicity is not about deprivation. Simplicity is about a greater appreciation for things that really matter.” – Anonymous
3. “Simplicity is the trademark of genius.” – Robin Sharma
4. “Never overlook the power of simplicity.” – Robin Sharma
5. “Simplicity reveals the pure beauty of life.” – Debasish Mridha
6. “I feel that the simplicity of life is just being yourself.” – Bobby Brown
7. “Simplicity is when you remove anything useless.” – Maxime Lagacé
8. “Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious and adding the meaningful.” – John Maeda
9. “The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.” – Steve Maraboli
10. “Simplicity is an exact medium between too little and too much.” – Joshua Reynold
Famous Simplicity Quotes
11. “The greatest ideas are the simplest.” – William Golding
12. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Leonardo da Vinci
13. “Complexity is impressive, but simplicity is genius.” – Lance Wallnau
14. “With wisdom comes the desire for simplicity.” – Brendon Burchard
15. “Simplicity is not style, it is a state of harmony.” – Naoto Fukasawa
16. “The art of simplicity is a puzzle of complexity.” – Douglas Horton
17. “There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness, and truth.” – Leo Tolstoy
18. “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” – Isaac Newton
19. “Simplicity is the most difficult thing to secure in this world; it is the last limit of experience and the last effort of genius.” – George Sand
20. “Simplicity is a key to avoiding complications. Part of the definition of simplicity is ‘not complex or complicated; sincere.’” – Joyce Meyer
21. “Simplicity is not the goal. It is the by-product of a good idea and modest expectations.” – Paul Rand
Poetic Simplicity Quotes That Will Make You Reflect
22. “Simplicity is nature’s first step and the last of art.” – Philip James Bailey
23. “Simplicity and repose are the qualities that measure the true value of any work of art.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
24. “The art of art, the glory of expression and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity.” – Walt Whitman
25. “Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art.” – Frederic Chopin
Simplicity Quotes to Improve Your Mindset
26. “Simplicity is ultimately a matter of focus.” – Ann Voskamp
27. “Simplicity of character is no hindrance to the subtlety of intellect.” – John Morley
28. “Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought.” – William Hazlitt
29. “Simplicity is a great virtue but it requires hard work to achieve it and education to appreciate it. And to make matters worse: complexity sells better.” – Edsger W. Dijkstra
30. “Simplicity is extremely important for happiness. Having few desires, feeling satisfied with what you have, is very vital: satisfaction with just enough food, clothing, and shelter to protect yourself from the elements.” – Dalai Lama
Short Simplicity Quotes to Emphasize Its Importance
31. “Simplicity is the key to brilliance.” – Bruce Lee
32. “Simplicity makes me happy.” – Alicia Keys
33. “The core of beauty is simplicity.” – Paulo Coelho
34. “In everything, love simplicity.” – Saint Francis De Sales
35. “Simplicity is a state of mind.” – Charles Wagner
36. “Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability.” – Edsger Dijkstra
37. “Simplicity is the nature of great souls.” – Papa Ramadas
38. “The expression of truth is simplicity.” – Seneca
39. “I always go for simplicity.” – David Bailey
40. “Life is beautiful in its simplicity.” – Thomas Matthiessen
Simplicity Quotes for Fashion Lovers
41. “Sometimes simplicity and elegance are indistinguishable from each other.” – Amit Kalantri
42. “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.” – Coco Chanel
43. “It’s cool to go into the simplicity of fashion, but I’m a very colorful person.” – Saweetie
44. “Comfort and simplicity are two keys that I follow when it comes to fashion.” – Fawad Khan
45. “Simplicity, carried to an extreme, becomes elegance.” – Jon Franklin
Also read: Creativity Quotes
Simplicity Quotes for Keeping a Low Profile
46. “I like simplicity; I don’t need luxury.” – Francis Ford Coppola
47. “Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough.” – Charles Dudley Warner
48. “We have lost contact with reality, the simplicity of life.” – Paulo Coelho
49. “Minimalism is about creating space to live simply and meaningfully; it’s about living intentionally.” – Laurie Buchanan
50. “In character, in manner, in style, in all the things, the supreme excellence is simplicity.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
51. “Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness, have few desires.” – Lao Tzu
52. “It is simplicity that makes the uneducated more effective than the educated when addressing popular audiences.” – Aristotle
53. “People often associate complexity with deeper meaning, when often after precious time has been lost, it is realized that simplicity is the key to everything.” – Gary Hopkins
54. “That’s been one of my mantras—focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.” – Steve Jobs
55. “True contentment is not about acquiring more, but being satisfied with greater simplicity and fulfilled by what you already have.” – Carley Hauck
More Quotes About Simplicity
56. “Getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter allows you to remember who you are. Simplicity doesn’t change who you are, it brings you back to who you are.” – Courtney Carver
57. “Nature teaches us simplicity and contentment because in its presence we realize we need very little to be happy.” – Mark Coleman
58. “Don’t forget, a great impression of simplicity can only be achieved by great agony of body and spirit.” – Boris Lermontov
59. “Childhood means simplicity. Look at the world with the child’s eye—it is very beautiful.” – Kailash Satyarthi
60. “There is a beauty and clarity that comes from simplicity that we sometimes do not appreciate in our thirst for intricate solutions.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Did These Simplicity Quotes Help You Appreciate the Simple Things in Life?
For our society, it’s been a mark of fame and success to live extravagantly. However, at times, the extravagant lifestyle also comes with numerous things that complicate our lives. Through this kind of lifestyle, people tend to be greedy and constantly want more, even if it’s not good for them anymore.
Yes, we can sometimes consider an extravagant lifestyle as living the life of our dreams. But, in reality, all we need to be happy is to have a comfortable life with our loved ones. It is, after all, through the little things that we experience the tremendous joy that can never be replaced.
Simplicity can be striking and draw attention without being exaggerated. Remember that to be happy in life, you only need to do what is necessary and appreciate the mundane things that make life extraordinary!
Which of these simplicity quotes is your favorite? Do you have any more quotes you want to share? List them below!