If today is one of those days when you aren’t at your 100%, these feeling down quotes will help you get through the day.
We all experience bad days every once in a while. Different reasons and triggers may bring about sadness that even we, ourselves, can’t fully understand.
In times like this, when we’re feeling down, it is crucial that we try our hardest to get out of our rut.
This is not easy to do, especially when it’s so tempting to surrender ourselves to our negative emotions.
So, to help you with this struggle, we’ve prepared this list of quotes that will encourage you to free yourself from feeling down.
Best Quotes to Read When You’re Feeling Down
1. “When you are feeling down, look at the skies. You are not always alone.” – EunB
2. “Even when you are feeling down, you have to live your life positively. That way, happy days and happy feelings will come to you someday.” – Kim Hyun-Joong
3. “Anticipate good things will happen. Keep your mind positive, never lose hope, and it will amaze you.” – Catherine Pulsifer
4. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
5. “Every day may not be good, but there is some good in every day.” – Alice Morse Earle
6. “You are more powerful than your circumstances. They don’t define you. You do.” – Jon Gordon
7. “Each day you only have a limited amount of time and energy. Don’t waste it stressing about things you cannot control.” – Karen Salmansohn
8. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
9. “It’s okay not to be okay—as long as you are not giving up.” – Karen Salmansohn
10. “Be kind to yourself throughout your journey. Let yourself feel everything you need to feel. Say the words you need to say. Don’t hide who you are. Follow your curiosities. Be bad at something new. Chase the life you really want. Go for it even if there is only a small chance of it working out. Don’t worry about how you think you should be, there is no time for that anymore. It’s time to be the real you.” – Nikki Banas
11. “The darkest night is often the bridge to the brightest tomorrow.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
12. “Sometimes, life will bring you down to your knees but don’t let it make you cold, and don’t let it harden your heart—keep the faith—the sun will shine again and you’ll feel love fill up your heart, and surround your soul again.” – Karen Kostyla
13. “You can’t keep the birds of sadness from flying over your head, but you can keep them from nesting in your hair.” – Sharon Creech
14. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.” – Robert Tew
15. “A lesson for all of us is that for every loss, there is victory. For every sadness, there is joy. And when you think you’ve lost everything, there is hope.” – Geraldine Solon
Inspiring Quotes That’ll Help You Move Forward When You’re Feeling Down
16. “Most of my life I’ve had long periods of feeling down and lost. That’s why every five years or so I’ve smashed my life to pieces and started again.” – Siobhan Fahey
17. “You have it within you to rise above whatever is bringing you down.” – Karen Salmansohn
18. “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.” – Christopher Reeve
19. “Until you’re broken, you don’t know what you’re made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever.” – Melissa Molomo
20. “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
21. “Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it.” – Buddha
22. “Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.” – Roy T. Bennett
23. “Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you’re not just a survivor. You’re a warrior, and you’re stronger than anything life throws your way.” – Brooke Davis
24. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
25. “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” – Victor Hugo
26. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
Comforting Feeling Down Quotes Quotes for Everyone Who’s in a Slump
27. “Whenever you’re feeling down and I am not around, let the sight of me be the reason you smile.” – Shahrukh Khan
28. “You will feel better than this, maybe not yet, but you will. You just keep living until you are alive again.” – Call The Midwife
29. “Don’t forget you’re a human. It’s okay to have a meltdown. Just don’t unpack and live there. Cry it out and then refocus on where you are headed.” – Anonymous
30. “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it—always.” – Mahatma Gandhi
31. “When life knocks you down, roll over, and look at the stars.” – Anonymous
32. “When you feel down, look above, God is there.” – Anonymous
33. “In time, every sad ending will become happy. The sad ending is only because the author stops telling the story. But it still goes on. It’s just untold.” – Mark Polish
Quotes to Encourage You to Be More Positive When You’re Feeling Down
34. “You don’t have to wait to feel positive enough for a smile to happen. You can generate a positive feeling by smiling. Your smile can be the source of your positivity, not the result of it. Smile more today.” – Jon Gordon
35. “Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow is a fresh opportunity to make it better.” – Anonymous
36. “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.” – Joyce Meyer
37. “Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep.” – Clive Barker
38. “Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.” – Anonymous
39. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore
Feeling Down Quotes for Everyone Who Needs a Hard Push
40. “You are not supposed to feel down over whatever happens to you. I mean, you’re supposed to use whatever happens to you as some type of upper, not a downer.” – Bob Marley
41. “Pick yourself up when you’re feeling down. No one else is likely to.” – Catherine DeVrye
42. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” – Buddha
43. “If you often feel alone, ignored, or forgotten, think about this. Closing the door and locking yourself in won’t change anything—literally and figuratively.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
44. “Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.” – Margaret Mitchell
Relatable Quotes So You Know You’re Not Alone When You’re Feeling Down
45. “As the light begins to intensify, so does my misery, and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong.” – Tabitha Suzuma
46. “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside—remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.” – Charles Bukowski
47. “To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark, to be kicked when you’re down, to feel like you’ve been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down, and no one’s there to save you. No, you don’t know what it’s like, welcome to my life.” – Simple Plan
Insightful Feeling Down Quotes to Give You Ideas to Cope
48. “You can go to the doctor a million times if you’re feeling down and get nowhere. But if you go for a run, it makes you feel really good.” – Gail Porter
49. “There you go, let it all slide out. Unhappiness can’t stick in a person’s soul when it’s slick with tears.” – Shannon Hale
50. “Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.” – Christopher Morley
Did These Quotes Give You the Tips and Tricks You Need to Cope When You’re Feeling Down?
Sometimes, we tend to curl up in our beds and do nothing all day when we’re feeling down. Taking a rest for a day or two really helps us gather all the energy we need to get back on our feet again. When we do this, we usually take our time to acknowledge and understand our emotions.
This practice is very healthy for us because we build healthier relationships with ourselves. But, as we all know, too much of anything is bad. When we’re feeling too down to the point that our growth is hindered, it’s time to stop our negative emotions from consuming too much of our time.
This is when we should push ourselves to recover from this negative headspace. It’s not easy, especially when we’re also lacking motivation, but there is no other way but to move forward.
With that said, there are many ways to shake off gloomy feelings. We can do things that make us happy—eat comfort food, reach out to our support system, spend time appreciating nature, and much more. What’s important is that we’re not too hard on ourselves and take it one step at a time.
So, if you’re feeling down today, it’s okay. Rest and read the quotes above again. Always remember that your feelings are valid, and everything will be alright in time!