Life can get pretty hectic, and it’s easy to get agitated, so reading this list of the best patience quotes is an excellent way to compose yourself.
Like a lot of people say, patience is a virtue. But, it’s not something inherent to us as humans. We have to work hard at it and hone it like an actual skill to practice it in our lives.
Sadly, in today’s world, people tend to seek instant gratification—getting what we want when we want it. The world doesn’t work that way, though.
One has to tirelessly persevere to achieve everything one wants in life, from the most critical goals to even the smallest ones.
There will be many setbacks, but with patience, you’ll understand that all the good things that the world offers will come at the right time.
To help you hone and improve on your patience, we’ve collected some of the wisest words and advice about it.
Don’t miss out, and read through our whole collection below!
And make sure to check out these compassion quotes and ignorance quotes.
Best Patience Quotes
1. “Patience is not simply the ability to wait—it’s how we behave while we’re waiting.” – Joyce Meyer
2. “Patience attracts happiness; it brings near that which is far.” – Swahili Proverb
3. “One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life.” – Chinese Proverb
4. “Patience and wisdom walk hand in hand, like two one-armed lovers.” – Jarod Kintz
5. “Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in your mind.” – David G. Allen
6. “Patience is power. Patience is not an absence of action; rather it is ‘timing.’ It waits on the right time to act, for the right principles, and in the right way.” – Fulton J. Sheen
7. “Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap immediately where one has sown.” – Soren Kierkegaard
8. “Patience is not the ability to wait. Patience is to be calm no matter what happens, constantly take action to turn it into positive growth opportunities, and have faith to believe that it will all work out in the end while you are waiting.” – Roy T. Bennett
9. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
Famous Patience Quotes
10. “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” – Arnold H. Glasow
11. “Patience is the best remedy for every trouble.” – Plautus
12. “Our patience will achieve more than our force.” – Edmund Burke
13. “Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow—that is patience.” – Anonymous
14. “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” – Leo Tolstoy
15. “Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it’s cowardice.” – George Jackson
Also read: Famous Quotes, Positive Quotes
Patience Quotes That Will Guide You in Life
16. “Patience can’t be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it.” – Eknath Easwaran
17. “Learning patience can be a difficult experience, but once conquered, you will find life is easier.” – Catherine Pulsifer
18. “You must first have a lot of patience to learn to have patience.” – Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
19. “There are three secrets to managing. The first secret is have patience. The second is be patient. And the third most important secret is patience.” – Chuck Tanner
20. “The world gives us plenty of opportunities to strengthen our patience. While this truth can definitely be challenging, this is a good thing. Patience is a key that unlocks the door to a more fulfilling life. It is through a cultivation of patience that we become better parents, powerful teachers, great businessmen, good friends, and a live a happier life.” – Steve Maraboli
Meaningful Patience Quotes to Live By
21. “Be patient. Patience is the mother of all virtues.” – Hrithik Roshan
22. “Have patience with all things. But first of all with yourself.” – Saint Francis de Sales
23. “Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.” – Phillips Brooks
24. “Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” – Saadi
25. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement, and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success.” – Brian Adams
Also read: Quotes to Live By
Short Patience Quotes for Those Who Need a Breather
27. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
28. “One minute of patience, ten years of peace.” – Greek proverb
29. “Patience is the art of hoping.” – Luc de Clapiers
30. “Patience is the key to contentment.” – The Prophet Muhammad
31. “Patience is the best medicine.” – John Florio
32. “Patience is the companion of wisdom.” – St. Augustine
33. “Patience and diligence, like faith, remove mountains.” – William Penn
34. ”To lose patience is to lose the battle.” – Mahatma Gandhi
35. “Patience is the key to paradise.” – Turkish Proverb
36. “Be patient, good things take time.” – Anonymous
37. “He that can have patience can have what he will.” – Benjamin Franklin
38. “Find patience in the breath of life.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
39. “Patience and fortitude conquer all things.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.” – Moliere
Patience Quotes to Put Things Into Perspective
41. “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” – George Savile
42. “There is something good in all seeming failures. You are not to see that now. Time will reveal it. Be patient.” – Swami Sivananda
43. “Sometimes things aren’t clear right away. That’s where you need to be patient and persevere and see where things lead.” – Mary Pierce
44. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” – A.A. Milne
45. “Patience is a virtue, and I’m learning patience. It’s a tough lesson.” – Elon Musk
46. “When it comes to patience, we don’t have to change old habits; we can build better ones.” – Sue Bender
47. “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.” – Carl Jung
48. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” – John Quincy Adams
49. “Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.” – Barbara Johnson
Patience Quotes That Will Help You Be More Composed
50. “A waiting person is a patient person. The word patience means the willingness to stay where we are and live the situation out to the full in the belief that something hidden there will manifest itself to us.” – Henri J.M. Nouwen
51. “Inner peace is impossible without patience. Wisdom requires patience. Spiritual growth implies the mastery of patience. Patience allows the unfolding of destiny to proceed at its own unhurried pace.” – Brian Weiss
52. “Persist in patience. It may not happen overnight, but make good patience a habit that you practice.” – Danielle Tinning
53. “Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.” – George Bernard Shaw
Interesting Patience Quotes to Ponder On
54. “Patience is not passive waiting. Patience is active acceptance of the process required to attain your goals and dreams.” – Ray A. Davis
55. “Patience is the support of weakness; impatience the ruin of strength.” – Charles Caleb Colton
56. “It is very strange—that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.” – Elizabeth Taylor
57. “To bear with patience wrongs done to oneself is a mark of perfection, but to bear with patience wrongs done to someone else is a mark of imperfection and even of actual sin.” – Thomas Aquinas
More Patience Quotes That You Need to Read Today
58. “If deception is the most potent weapon in your arsenal, then patience in all things is your crucial shield. Patience will protect you from making moronic blunders. Like mastering your emotions, patience is a skill—it does not come naturally.” – Robert Greene
59. “Patience is the ornament of the brave. Patience is the real badge of courage; it is equally the mark of love.” – Eknath Easwaran
60. “Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can—working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Who’s the Most Patient Person You Know?
Cultivating one’s patience can be intimidating and challenging. But, as the saying goes, one must remember that good things come to those who wait.
Patience is key to living a full and happy life. Aside from learning how to work tirelessly for your goals, you also get to accept setbacks as pauses and not stop signs. By doing so, you get to enjoy and appreciate the little things that come to you while waiting.
Overall, this virtue also helps people have a greater sense of gratitude and a better mindset toward the world. With patience, you get a chance to zoom in on what’s currently within your grasp versus those out of your control.
Life will never be 100% in line with your plans. So, with the help of this list, practice and cultivate your patience. Remember that all the good things you deserve will come to you at the right time.
Do you consider yourself a patient person? What benefits do you think patience will bring you? Share your thoughts below.