These Qui-Gon Jinn quotes will help every Star Wars fan find their way to a more dignified and meaningful life.
Qui-Gon Jinn is a free-spirited and non-conformist man with vast knowledge and exemplary combat skills.
From the very beginning, he had a keen interest in the will of the Force rather than obeying the orders of the council.
His unconventional thinking made him a one-of-a-kind Jedi master. While everyone studied the future, he focused on the present.
And, when he was offered a seat in the Jedi High Council, he disregarded them and fulfilled his duty in his own way.
If you want to understand Qui-Gon Jinn’s principles better, make sure to check our complete list below.
We’re positive that these enlightening words from one of the greatest masters in Star Wars will inspire you to uphold your morals and live life with purpose.
Best Qui-Gon Jinn Quotes
1. “The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.”
2. “There are many realities in the universe, some of them quite harsh. One reality that is inescapable is that there is nothing more valuable than a friend. More than food, more than shelter, and more than weaponry, an ally can save your life.”
3. “Saving your life. Something evidently pleasing to neither of us, but necessary.”
4. “Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don’t think. Use your instincts.”
5. “Most beings in the galaxy do not kill without purpose. If you can discover what that purpose is, you can forestall a battle.”
6. “I can only protect you, I cannot fight a war for you.”
7. “He seems that way now perhaps, but you must look deeper, Obi-Wan.”
8. “Secrets must be exposed when found. Detours must be taken when encountered. And if you are the one who stands at the crossroads or the place of concealment, you must never leave it to another to act in your place.”
9. “Whenever you gamble, my friend, eventually you lose.”
10. “But not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the living Force, young Padawan.”
11. “You do not recognize what the truth is, so you call it a trick. That is why you are not wise, Jenna Zan Arbor. Wisdom is something you cannot identify because you cannot measure it with your instruments.”
12. “Remember: your focus determines your reality.”
13. “You’ve been a good apprentice, Obi-Wan and you’re a much wiser man than I am. I foresee you will become a great Jedi Knight.”
14. “I have felt certain of many things that have not been so. There are many hidden truths in a galaxy such as ours.”
15. “Give a Wookiee bantha meat and he’ll eat for a day. Teach a Wookiee to hunt bantha and he’ll eat for a lifetime.”
Famous Qui-Gon Jinn Quotes
16. “May the Force be with you.”
17. “There’s always a bigger fish.”
18. “That is the sound of a thousand terrible things all headed this way.”
19. “He is still worried about his son. He hides his fear well.”
20. “Finding him was the will of the Force, I have no doubt of that.”
21. “Don’t worry. The Force will guide us.”
22. “I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan.”
23. “Greed can be a very powerful ally.”
24. “He is the Chosen One. He will bring balance.”
Inspiring Qui-Gon Jinn Quotes to Help You Deal With Life’s Difficulties
25. “Yes. But you must accept your regret the way you accept your mistakes. Then move on.”
26. “You bore all the responsibility for what happened. You went over and over your mistakes. You must know this, Obi-Wan—it is Anakin who chose to turn to the dark side. Grief did not push him there. You did not push him there. He made the choice.”
27. “You must own the rain, Obi-Wan. It must be part of you, an extension of you. If you fight it, it will win.”
28. “I’m not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn’t make you a Jedi. It makes you human.”
29. “When you know why you are not ready, you will be ready.”
30. “Being ready is your choice, my Padawan.”
31. “Anakin’s victory gave us the parts we needed, but one of us gave him something, too—a reason to win.”
32. “Don’t center on your anxieties, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs.”
33. “Life does not treat you fairly or unfairly, it merely is. It is up to each of us to be fair, or unfair.”
Qui-Gon Jinn Quotes That Highlight His Intelligence and Perceptive Mind
34. “Life-forms living together for mutual advantage. Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of the Force. When you learn to quiet your mind, you’ll hear them speaking to you.”
35. “Midi-chlorians are microscopic life forms that reside within all living cells.”
36. “There is something else behind all this, your highness. There’s no logic in the Federation’s move here. My feelings tell me they will destroy you.”
37. “It would be no different than if we landed on a system controlled by the Federation. Except that the Hutts aren’t looking for her, which gives us the advantage.”
38. “You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle, what happens to one of you affects the other, you must understand this.”
39. “He had all the lightsaber fighting capabilities and the moves of the Jedi, only faster and more aggressive. My only conclusion—is that it was a Sith Lord.”
Cheeky Qui-Gon Jinn Quotes for Those Who Need Some Good Vibes
40. “Perhaps I killed a Jedi and stole it from him.”
41. “You almost got us killed! Are you brainless?”
42. “Credits will do fine.”
43. “The Queen doesn’t need to know.”
44. “I have little tolerance for model Dx5 security doors.”
More Qui-Gon Jinn Quotes That You’ll Enjoy
45. “He is the Chosen One, you must see it.”
46. “Obi-Wan, promise—promise me you will train the boy.”
47. “That is all right, for I do not wish to buy it.”
48. “He owes me what you call a life debt.”
49. “Pity you didn’t listen.”
50. “Patience, my blue friend.”
Do You Have a Favorite Teacher or Mentor in Your Life?
One of the keys to great learning is to have a great mentor. These people are not only good role models and someone who always roots for your growth; they must also possess excellent vision, knowledge, and morals.
Qui-Gon Jinn may be a fictitious character, but he had all these characteristics that made him a great mentor to Obi-Wan Kenobi and, in a way, to us as well. For one, he taught us that we don’t always have to conform to the rules if they don’t align with what’s right or moral. There are times that what we believe to be true goes against society, but don’t be afraid to voice out what you think is right.
It will be challenging, but we should not turn a blind eye to justice and the right choices. If we’re patient and stay true to what’s good, we’ll eventually meet people who share the same beliefs as ours.
With that, we hope that this collection was able to help you gain the courage to stand firm with your beliefs. Doing the right thing will never be easy, but it’s what will help us lead a more meaningful life.
Do you have the same set of beliefs as Qui-Gon Jinn? What are your favorite Qui-Gon Jinn quotes? Comment below.