If you want to become a more dependable person, read these responsibility quotes we’ve compiled!
Responsibility means doing what needs to be done and sticking to one’s commitments. When we are responsible, we acknowledge every consequence of every action we take.
When we’re responsible, we’re more aligned with our goals. It also makes us dependable in the eyes of others. Indeed, responsibility is something that’ll benefit all aspects of our lives.
So, read the quotes below to better grasp the topic.
Let our collection help you make sure that you never get sidetracked from your goals!
Check out the complete list below.
Best Responsibility Quotes
1. “Responsibility is the price of freedom.” – Elbert Hubbard
2. “Responsibility is the possibility of opportunity culminating in inevitable fulfillment.” – Sri Chinmoy
3. “Those who enjoy responsibility usually get it; those who merely like exercising authority usually lose it.” – Malcolm Forbes
4. “It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.” – Sir Josiah Stamp
5. “By choosing to take responsibility for your life, you will immediately gain an increased power to achieve your greatest potential.” – Anonymous
6. “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.” – Jim Rohn
7. “Responsibility is accepting that you are the cause and the solution of the matter.” – Anonymous
8. “Responsibility is demonstrated by actions and deeds; not by words or information inserted in some glossy magazines or corporate websites.” – Samuel O. Idowu
9. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
10. “If you can take responsibility for your own life, then you will begin to realize that you can change it.” – H. K. Abell
Short Responsibility Quotes That’ll Get You Back on Track
11. “Take responsibility for yourself; it’s very rewarding.” – Amanda Green
12. “Every right has its responsibilities.” – Lewis Schwellenbach
13. “The price of greatness is responsibility.” – Winston Churchill
14. “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” – George Bernard Shaw
15. “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
Responsibility Quotes That’ll Make Your More Dependable
16. “Deliberately take the responsibility to change your life because you can; yes, you can!” – Okorote Emmanuel
17. “Being responsible is an enormous privilege—it’s what marks anyone a fully grown human.” – Barack Obama
18. “Anyone can do your duty. Your responsibility, only you can. A duty you love to do responsibly is a privilege.” – Girish Kohli
19. “Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
20. “The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that’s the day you start to the top.” – O. J. Simpson
21. “Responsibility is a grace we give ourselves. It is not something imposed from outside of us. We have a say in how our life goes.” – Kristen Moeller
22. “With great power comes great responsibility.” – Benjamin Parker
23. “It is only when you take responsibility for your life that you discover how powerful you truly are.” – Allanah Hunt
24. “You are responsible for your life. You can’t keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.” – Oprah Winfrey
25. “Part of getting a second chance is taking responsibility for what you did wrong in the first place.” – Jack Bauer
26. “To let oneself be bound by a duty from the moment you see it approaching is part of the integrity that alone justifies responsibility.” – Dag Hammarskjšld
Responsibility Quotes to Live Your Life By
27. “Remember, you are responsible for your future, so take charge and turn your life into whatever it is that you want it to be.” – Sharlene Snow
28. “Start to reflect on your life after you accept, act, and take responsibility for your life.” – C. Payne
29. “Take responsibility, trust, and have faith in yourself that you can offer the world something that no one has ever known.” – Paul Martens
30. “Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally. If you want to take responsibility for your life, you must choose one of those three options, and you must choose now. Then accept the consequences.” – Eckhart Tolle
31. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
32. “There is always an alternative to the present urgency—and it’s not a vacation, it’s acknowledging deeper responsibility.” – Stewart Brand
33. “Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody expects of you. Never excuse yourself.” – Henry Ward Beecher
34. “You and I need to be the decision-makers in our own lives and careers. It is also our responsibility to allow and encourage others to do the same.” – Jay Rifenbary
35. “Taking responsibility for oneself is by definition an act of kindness.” – Sharon Salzberg
Wise Responsibility Quotes for Those Who Need Guidance in Life
36. “Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.” – Sigmund Freud
37. “Freedom without responsibility is like weight without gravity in physics—a logical impossibility.” – Robert C. Solomon
38. “Peak performance begins with your taking complete responsibility for your life and everything that happens to you.” – Brian Tracy
39. “Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment, and learn again to exercise his will—his personal responsibility.” – Albert Einstein
40. “Fully accepting, loving, and being yourself allows you to be 100% authentic. This means being fully responsible for yourself.” – John Felitto
41. “It’s in responsibility that most people find the meaning that sustains them through life. It’s not in happiness. It’s not in impulsive pleasure.” – Jordan Peterson
42. “I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty.” – John D. Rockefeller
43. “We are not put here on earth to play around. There is work to be done. There are responsibilities to be met. Humanity needs the abilities of every man and woman.” – Alden Palmer
44. “Do not free a camel of the burden of his hump; you may be freeing him from being a camel.” – G.K. Chesterton
45. “Men who reject the responsibility of thought and reason can only exist as parasites on the thinking of others.” – Ayn Rand
46. “The secret ingredients to true happiness? Decisive optimism and personal responsibility.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
Responsibility Quotes That Illustrate a Great Leader’s Mindset
47. “The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.” – Max de Pree
48. “We have a responsibility to influence the people in our lives to be the best possible people they can be: ‘Therefore encourage one another and build each other up.” – Henry Cloud
49. “Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation.” – C. Everett Koop
50. “Take responsibility for your own learning and for the learning of those around you.” – Don Meyer
51. “Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you; it means learning to respect and use your own brains and instincts; hence, grappling with hard work.” – Adrienne Rich
52. “Taking responsibility is a commitment to own your life, to self-leadership, growth, and freedom.” – Christopher Avery
More Responsibility Quotes to Keep In Mind
53. “You are never responsible for the actions of others; you are only responsible for you.” – Miguel Ruiz
54. “To say you have no choice is to relieve yourself of responsibility.” – Patrick Ness
55. “The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man’s life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.” – George R.R. Martin
56. “Concern yourself more with accepting responsibility than with assigning blame. Let the possibilities inspire you more than the obstacles discourage you.” – Ralph Marston
57. “Happiness is your responsibility. If you depend or wait for other people to make you happy, you will always be disappointed.” – Byron Pulsifer
58. “It is not only for what we do that we are held responsible but also for what we do not do.” – Moliere
59. “In order to win and succeed in life, responsibility is so important. This is a part of being an adult and learning how to be responsible for everything.” – Tonya R. Owens
60. “Responsibility changes everything. The moment we decide that we are the ones who are capable of and responsible for changing things, everything shifts.” – John B. Izzo
Did These Quotes Change Your Opinions on Responsibility?
Often, we feel like we’re too into the hustle and grind. In these cases, we sometimes let ourselves slip away from our responsibilities to have a break and a breather. Doing so once in a while is okay; after all, we all need some rest in order to not burn ourselves out.
However, doing this constantly or for long periods will affect our sense of responsibility. If we let ourselves get used to having an option to slack off and get sidetracked, we’ll never get closer to our goals. Being 100% responsible is important since our actions and decisions affect not only ourselves but others, too.
We all have duties in life, may it be at work, school, at home, and even to ourselves. And, along with each of those duties comes responsibility. To move through life effectively, we must commit to being responsible for each action we take and all our commitments.
So, read through this collection again whenever you feel like you’re slipping away from your responsibilities! Never turn away from what you ought to do. Remember not to get sidetracked and always be responsible for each action you take!