These humorous Rush Hour quotes will make you laugh so hard that you won’t be able to sit still.
Rush Hour is a comedic action movie about two cops from Los Angeles and Hong Kong. Despite their differences, they team up to apprehend a criminal who kidnapped the daughter of a wealthy Hong Kong businessman.
The antics of these buddies resulted in countless hilarious scenes and earned them a second and even third movie! If you want to have a good laugh with your friends, these Rush Hour quotes should be on your must-read list.
Start reading here.
Best Rush Hour Quotes
1. “Lee, I’m going to kill you if we die!” – Detective James Carter
2. “I wouldn’t say nothing. He has me, his brother from another mother.” – Detective James Carter
3. “You protected each other and you are still protecting him.” – Detective James Carter
4. “Everybody was Kung fu fighting! That man was fast as, Li-Soo-Yung!” – Detective James Carter
5. “It’s best if I do this on my own. This fight’s personal.” – Chief Inspector Lee
6. “The Americans and the French need to work together in the spirit of brotherhood. Together, we can do anything. Anything!” – Detective Revi
7. “Don’t you ever touch a Black man’s radio, boy! You can do that in China but you can get your *ss killed out here, man.” – Detective James Carter
8. “Lee, I’m alive. My whole life flashed in front of me. In three years I’ll be married to a Chinese woman. We had three kids, look just like you, only a little darker.” – Detective James Carter
Famous Rush Hour Quotes
9. “It’s all your fault. How come you didn’t tell me about Kenji?” – Detective James Carter
10. “Lee, I’m in trouble. I need some assistance!” – Detective James Carter
11. “I’ll hit you so hard you’ll end up in the Ming dynasty!” – Detective James Carter
12. “In case you missed it, man; people are trying to kill me! I’m covered in sh*t and some French cop whooped my *ss with some yellow pages, man. So don’t tell me it ain’t none of my business.” – Detective James Carter
13. “No, it ain’t. This is the United States of James Carter. I’m the president, I’m the emperor, I’m the king. I’m Michael Jackson, you Tito. You belong to me.” – Detective James Carter
14. “Now I’m about to beat the puberty out of yall, you ain’t gonna see it coming!” – Detective James Carter
15. “Come on, Crouching Tiger! Don’t you hide that dragon!” – Detective James Carter
16. “This is the LAPD. We’re the most hated cops in all the free world. My own mama’s ashamed of me. She tells everybody I’m a drug dealer.” – Detective James Carter
Rush Hour Quotes That Showcase What Cops Do
17. “My daddy a legend too, all over America. My daddy once arrested 15 people in one night by himself.” – Detective James Carter
18. “I’m sorry, I won’t be here when you get back—my wife says I can’t be a spy anymore. I have to be home for dinner.” – George
19. Sister Agnes: “He says you’re both making a big mistake, that one day you’ll beg for mercy, he also said—.”
Chief Inspector Lee: “What? Oh please sister, we have to know.”
Detective James Carter: “There are lives at stake.”
Rush Hour Quotes to Give You a Glimpse of the Characters’ Cultural Differences
20. “You’re lucky we’re not in Hong Kong. Phone book is twice as big.” – Chief Inspector Lee
21. “Damn Chen, some greasy food? You ain’t got no better food like some chicken wings, some baby back-ribs, some fries or something?” – Detective James Carter
22. “Well, for your information, I’m part Chinese now. That’s right, Lee. For the last three years, I have studied the ancient teachings of Buddha, earning two black belts in Wu Shu martial arts, spending every afternoon at the Hong Kong Massage parlor. I’m half Chinese, baby!” – Detective James Carter
Funny Rush Hour 3 Quotes
23. “Lee, he may be your brother, but turn him into your sister.” – Detective James Carter
24. Detective James Carter: “We’ll be asking the questions, old man. Who are you?”
Master Yu: “Yu.”
Detective James Carter: “No, not me. You.”
25. Genevieve: “I have never been with an American man before.”
Detective James Carter: “Neither have I!”
26. Marsha: “I want a lawyer!”
Detective James Carter: “You need a personal trainer! This license says you weigh 180 pounds; that’s more than the damn car, girl!”
Marsha: “I have a thyroid condition!”
Detective James Carter: “Well, stop eating thyroids!”
27. Detective James Carter: “Did you know that the average French woman is naked 34% of the time?”
Chief Inspector Lee: “We’re not going there to meet women.”
28. Chief Inspector Lee: “If you’re half Chinese, I’m half Black. I’m your brother and I’m fly. You down with that, Snoopy? That’s dope, innit?”
Detective James Carter: “Sorry, Lee. You can’t be Black. There’s a height requirement.”
29. Detective James Carter: “What? The N-word you tell this little mother—.”
Chief Inspector Lee: “Carter, she’s a nun.”
Detective James Carter: “Sister you tell this piece of S-word, that I will personally F word him up.”
30. Sister Agnes: “He used the N-word, but this time he mentioned your grandmother.”
Detective James Carter: “You tell him that his mama’s an H.”
Chief Inspector Lee: “Carter I believe wh*re `with a W.”
Did These Rush Hour Quotes Inspire You to Respect the Law and Culture of Others?
Rush Hour has been a crowd favorite since the first installment in 1998. According to some sources, a fourth movie will be shot in 2021 and released in 2022. But, given the current state of things, the release may be delayed.
The movie franchise stars Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker, who provide comedic and action-packed performances. However, beyond comedy, we also learn some great lessons from these two friends. Among them is respect for law, culture, and friendship.
Watch out for these lessons the next time you watch the movies! Maybe you’ll be able to find more valuable gems hidden within the scenes. Also, feel free to reread this list while we wait for Rush Hour’s next installment!
Which of these Rush Hour quotes made you laugh the most? Do you have any more Rush Hour quotes you want to share? Share them with us below!