If you’re overwhelmed with what’s happening around you, pause and take a moment to read through this list of the best balance quotes.
We all strive for balance, whether in work, love, self, or life in general. Who wouldn’t, when achieving a balanced life means living a stable and peaceful life?
Unfortunately, it’s not something we can easily attain.
Many people look at balance as something they find and something that would eventually come to them. That’s not true; balance is something you create and build for yourself.
It’s not easy, nor does it come naturally; this is why we’ve gathered some of the most insightful quotes about balance.
Maybe this list will open your eyes to the tips and tricks that’ll help you improve yourself and your life.
Read through to the end and note the best ones you gained insights from!
Continue to the list below.
Best Balance Quotes
1. “Balance is not something you find, it’s something you create.” – Jana Kingsford
2. “Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life—learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.” – Robert Fulgham
3. “The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life. Acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man.” – Euripides
4. “Balance is a feeling derived from being whole and complete; it’s a sense of harmony. It is essential to maintaining quality in life and work.” – Joshua Osenga
5. “Too much of one thing can end up creating stress; this is something that no one needs in their life. But living a life in balance can provide harmony and peace.” – Catherine Pulsifer
6. “Live a life that is well balanced; don’t do things in excess.” – Daniel Smith
7. “Without balance, there’s conflict—a battle between positivity and negativity.” – Brian Benjamin Sotomayor
8. “Balance your thoughts with action. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
9. “You need a balance in life between dealing with what’s going on inside and not being so absorbed in yourself that it takes over.” – Nigella Lawson
10. “Everything in life has to have balance.” – Donna Karan
Famous Balance Quotes
11. “The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.” – Carlos Castaneda
12. “We come into this world head first and go out feet first; in between, it is all a matter of balance.” – Paul Boese
13. “Examples of balance can be found everywhere—even in those places where you least expect them.” – Dr. Patrizia Collard
14. “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, and order, and rhythm, and harmony.” – Thomas Merton
15. “Moderate in order to taste the joys of life in abundance.” – Epicurus
16. “Nature is about balance. All the world comes in pairs—Yin and Yang, right and wrong, men and women. What’s pleasure without pain?” – Angelina Jolie
17. “Achieve balance through the combined conscious states of the heart and mind.” – Steven Redhead
18. “Happiness depends on how you balance your life’s equations between positive and negative experiences and attitudes.” – Kall
19. “When we focus on our blessings, it creates an appreciative heart and adds a strong sense of balance to our lives.” – Senora Roy
20. “Anything that’s too much turns adverse. Shift your traits to their neutrality and they become your power.” – Alyaa Sadek
Balance Quotes That Will Teach You About Life
21. “Life is about balance. Be kind, but don’t let people abuse you. Trust, but don’t be deceived. Be content, but never stop improving yourself.” – Zig Ziglar
22. “In all aspects of our lives, balance is key. Doing one thing too much can cause upset. Like the old saying goes, ‘Everything in moderation is the secret!’” – Catherine Pulsifer
23. “The critical part of a balance in life is choosing priorities. If you are trying to balance a family and a career, the choices are complex because both are important.” – Byron Pulsifer
24. “My point is, life is about balance. The good and the bad. The highs and the lows. The piña and the colada.” – Ellen DeGeneres
25. “It’s all about the quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” – Philip Green
26. “It takes a balanced life and a firm trust in God to ride the waves of life.” – Martin Uzochukwu Ugwu
27. “Most people struggle with life balance simply because they haven’t paid the price to decide what is really important to them.” – Stephen Covey
28. “Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life. It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them.” – Thomas Kinkade
29. “We need to introduce a little balance into your life. Part of this balance means not missing out on some of the marvels of life around you—the fun, some excitement, or other challenges in life.” – Catherine Pulsifer
30. “Getting in balance is not so much about adopting new strategies to change your behaviors, as it is about realigning yourself in all of your thoughts so as to create a balance between what you desire and how you conduct your life on a daily basis.” – Wayne Dyer
Balance Quotes to Motivate You
31. “Balance isn’t something you achieve someday.” – Nick Vujicic
32. “The goal is serenity. Balance. Truly finding peace in your own skin.” – Rachel Brathen
33. “Time and balance are the two most difficult things to have control over, yet they are both the things that we do control.” – Catherine Pulsifer
34. “But you do have choices about how you spend your time. Balancing what you need to do with what you want to do can lead to happiness and success.” – Stephen Hall
35. “We can be sure that the greatest hope for maintaining equilibrium in the face of any situation rests within ourselves.” – Francis J. Braceland
36. “Understand that building self-confidence is all about striking a balance in your life. The right amount of confidence can help a great deal in achieving what you want.” – Angel Graff
37. “Pursuing your goal is in a sense, fired by internal motivation. Hence, you need a source of external motivation to keep things in balance.” – Ben Robinson
38. “Take some time to learn which opinions you need to value and which ones you simply need to stop listening to. Once you find the balance, you are one step closer to finding that confidence that you long for.” – Frankie Robinson
39. “There is no limit to what great and beautiful things the human being can create with the power of a balanced mind that is open to the inspiration of God.” – Paul Odafe
Short Balance Quotes for Your Inquisitive Mind
40. “In the end, it’s all a question of balance.” – Rohinton Mistry
41. “Balance—the ultimate goal.” – Ricky Lankford
42. “Next to love, balance is the most important thing.” – John Wooden
43. “What I dream of is an art of balance.” – Henri Matisse
44. “Life is the balance of holding on and letting go.” – Rumi
45. “I see a world on the edge of a blade. Without balance, it will fall.” – Victoria Aveyard
46. “Balance is the perfect state of still water. Let that be our model.” – Confucius
47. “There is no balance—all or nothing.” – David Choe
48. “To lose balance—sometimes, for love—is part of living a balanced life.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
49. “Find a balance between head and heart.” – Colleen Hoover
50. “Don’t confuse symmetry with balance.” – Tom Robbins
Wise Balance Quotes That Will Change Your Perspective
51. “Like with anything in life, find the balance between too much work and being too lazy; between spending too much and being a scrooge; between being gone all the time and being in each other’s way; between talking each other’s ears off and dead silence.” – Christian Olsen
52. “A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.” – William Arthur Ward
53. “Our culture doesn’t always promote balance. Instead, we want everything instantly, and we are willing to pay a premium later. We’re impatient.” – Jeff Kooz
54. “Self-esteem is a matter of balance. Too much can tip over into haughtiness, arrogance, and the inability to admit when we have gone wrong.” – Alan Schmidt
55. “In each of us lie good and bad, light and dark, art and pain, choice and regret, cruelty and sacrifice. We’re each of us our own chiaroscuro—our own bit of illusion fighting to emerge into something solid, something real. We’ve got to forgive ourselves that. I must remember to forgive myself. Because there are a lot of grays to work with. No one can live in the light all the time.” – Libba Bray
Also read: Harmony Quotes
Balance Quotes to Read When You Need a Break
56. “A good method of juggling different tasks is to always balance the short and long term tasks.” – Gretchen Pilar
57. “Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.” – Stephen R. Covey
58. “We have overstretched our personal boundaries and forgotten that true happiness comes from living an authentic life fueled with a sense of purpose and balance.” – Dr. Kathleen Hall
59. “Work, love, and play are the great balance wheels of man’s being.” – Orison Swett Marden
Profound Balance Quotes to Reflect On
60. “Our lives are a mixture of different roles. Most of us are doing the best we can to find whatever the right balance is. For me, that balance is family, work, and service.” – Hillary Rodham Clinton
61. “Justice is balance in human affairs. Balance is wider than justice since it includes justice and more than justice.” – Orlando Jay Smith
62. “So divinely is the world organized that every one of us—in our place and time—is in balance with everything else.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
63. “Problems arise in that one has to find a balance between what people need from you and what you need for yourself.” – Jessye Norman
64. “When I am in balance with the vibration of the sun, the moon, the stars, and the planets, I am ultimately connected to the universe.” – Debbie A. Anderson
Balance Quotes That You Will Enjoy
65. “Balance and good fortune can only come to a person who is balanced and feels fortunate.” – Stuart Wilde
66. “Focus on being balanced—success is balance.” – Laila Ali
67. “If you strive only to avoid the darkness or to cling to the light, you cannot live in balance. Try striving to be conscious of all that you are.” – Gary Zukav
68. “Find your balance and stand with it. Find your song and sing it out. Find your cadence and let it appear like a dance. Find the questions that only you know how to ask and the answers that you are content to not know.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
69. “There is no decision that we can make that doesn’t come with some sort of balance or sacrifice.” – Simon Sinek
70. “Man maintains his balance, poise, and sense of security only as he is moving forward.” – Maxwell Maltz
Balance Quotes That Will Help You Improve as an Individual
71. “Somehow, we’ll find it. The balance between whom we wish to be and who we need to be. But for now, we simply have to be satisfied with who we are.” – Brandon Sanderson
72. “A balance of giving and receiving is essential to keeping your energy, mood, and motivation at a consistently high level.” – Doreen Virtue
73. “If you restore balance in your own self, you will be contributing immensely to the healing of the world.” – Deepak Chopra
74. “Through substitute activities, therapy, and hard work, grieving individuals can work through their anger and progress to live more balanced lives.” – Valerie Orr
More Balance Quotes for Work
75. “The more often you decline invitations to spend time with friends or family because you are too busy with either work or other activities, the more you should realize that your life is not in balance.” – Byron Pulsifer
76. “One of the major issues plaguing human potential in the corporate world today is work-life balance. The term itself diminishes our ability to make the case that work can be a richly rewarding part of a person’s life and should in many ways be personal.” – Matthew Kelly
77. “The consistency in your person from home to work is vitally important so that you are in total balance at all times. Being out of balance means that your true self will start to be confused with what you pretend to be.” – Catherine Pulsifer
78. “The workplace today is very demanding, and you really can’t have your life as a working mom the way it was before the baby. So work-life balance for you should be about trade-offs at one time or the other.” – Grace Essen
79. “Work-life balance, work-life effectiveness, personal and professional satisfaction—or whatever you choose to call it—is not an entitlement or benefit. Your company cannot give it to you. You have to create it for yourself.” – Matthew Kelly
80. “There is no such thing as work-life balance. Everything worth fighting for unbalances your life.” – Alain de Botton
How Did This Collection Help You Juggle Everything Life Has Thrown at You?
No matter what stage we are in life, balance is important. As kids, we hear people talk about having a good balance between outdoor play, gadgets, and more. As adults, people can go on and on about achieving a work-life balance.
The sad thing is that balance is hard to achieve, especially if we’re just waiting for it. We must consciously make decisions for ourselves that will set our habits straight. Go out, observe, and look at how certain things affect you.
When you find yourself drowning in one specific activity, maybe it indicates that your life is getting a bit unbalanced. Make sure you spread yourself equally on the things you love and need. Never, under any circumstance, spread yourself too thinly as it will ultimately mess up your life and happiness.
We understand how difficult life—and all the obligations and responsibilities that come with it—can get. So, whenever you feel like you’ve been hit hard by the world, stop and take a moment to breathe and relax. Take out this list of quotes and remember how essential balance is in our lives.
Did you learn anything new through this list? Which quotes are your favorites? We’d love to hear from you, so make sure you leave a comment below!