This collection of Good Will Hunting quotes will take you on an emotional journey that tackles love, life, and more!
Good Will Hunting is a psychological drama movie that follows the life of a janitor at MIT.
Although Will is a math genius, his personal life issues and childhood trauma veered him away from opportunities that will move him up the ladder.
But, everything started to change when he sought the help of a behavioral therapist.
Through his therapy sessions, he met Sean—a deuteragonist who managed to break through his wall.
Together, they discover Will’s potential to be a good and successful person. Through this, they forged a unique friendship that would help Will overcome his problems and push him to the greener pastures of life.
This beautifully crafted tale of Good Will Hunting enchanted the viewers and touched many hearts worldwide.
Join us as we revisit his journey through this list of the movie’s best quotes!
Begin reading here.
And make sure to check out these Dead Poets Society quotes and Robin Williams quotes.
Best Good Will Hunting Quotes
1. “You don’t know about real loss, ’cause that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself. I doubt you’ve ever dared to love anybody that much.” – Sean
2. “People call these things imperfections, but they’re not, that’s the good stuff. And then we get to choose who we let into our weird little worlds.” – Sean
3. “Trust. Very important in a relationship.” – Sean
4. “Nail them while they’re vulnerable; that’s my motto.” – Sean
5. “You’re not perfect, sport. And let me save you the suspense: this girl you’ve met, she’s not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you’re perfect for each other.” – Sean
6. “You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” – Sean
7. “He pushes people away before they get a chance to leave him. It’s a defense mechanism. And for 20 years, he’s been alone because of that. And if you push him right now, it’s gonna be the same thing all over again, and I’m not gonna let that happen to him.” – Sean
Famous Good Will Hunting Quotes
8. “Fear of abandonment? Is that why I broke up with Skylar?” – Will
9. “Hey, Will? I don’t know a lot. You see this? All this sh*t? It’s not your fault.” – Sean
10. “I’m pumped! Let the healing begin!” – Will
11. “My boy’s wicked smart.” – Morgan
12. “Now, no more shenanigans, no more tomfoolery, no more ballyhoo.” – Henry
13. “One day, I’m going to wake up and I’m gonna be 50. And I’ll still be doing this sh*t.” – Chuckie
14. “You have a bullshit answer for everything.” – Sean
15. “Yeah, maybe. But at least I won’t be unoriginal.” – Will
16. “You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are because I read Oliver Twist?” – Sean
17. “You’ll never have that kind of relationship in a world where you’re afraid to take the first step because all you see is every negative thing 10 miles down the road.” – Sean
Also read: Famous Quotes, Encouraging Quotes
Deep Good Will Hunting Quotes That Will Touch Your Heart
18. “That’s why I’m not talkin’ right now about some girl I saw at a bar 20 years ago, and how I always regretted not going over and talking to her. I don’t regret the 18 years I was married to Nancy. I don’t regret the six years I have to give up counseling when she got sick. And I don’t regret the last few years when she got really sick. And I sure as hell don’t regret missing the damn game.” – Sean
19. “Most days I wish I’d never met you, ’cause then I could sleep at night. I didn’t have to walk around with the knowledge that there was someone like you out there. I didn’t have to watch you throw it all away.” – Professor Lambeau
20. “Every day, I come by your house and I pick you up. And we go out. We have a few drinks and a few laughs, and it’s great. But you know what the best part of my day is? For about 10 seconds, from when I pull up to the curb and when I get to your door, ’cause I think maybe I’ll get up there and I’ll knock on the door and you won’t be there. No goodbye. No, see you later. No nothing. You just left. I don’t know much, but I know that.” – Chuckie
21. “I look at you, I don’t see an intelligent, confident man. I see a cocky, scared sh*tless kid. But you’re a genius, Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depth of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mind, and you ripped my f*cking life apart.” – Sean
22. “Known someone that could level you with her eyes. Feeling’ like God put an angel on Earth just for you, who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn’t know what it’s like to be her angel, to have that love for her be there forever. Through anything. Through cancer. And you wouldn’t know about sleeping’ sittin’ up in a hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes—that the terms ‘visiting hours’ don’t apply to you.” – Sean
Also read: Saving Private Ryan Quotes, The Shawshank Redemption Quotes
Good Will Hunting Quotes That Are Extremely Relatable
23. “Yeah, you were smarter than me then, and you’re smarter than me now, so don’t blame me for how your life turned out. It’s not my fault.” – Professor Lambeau
24. “And why does he hang out with those retarted gorillas, as you called them, because any one of them, if he asked them to, would take a f*cking bat to your head, okay? It’s called loyalty.” – Sean
25. “You’re an idiot. I’ve been sitting there all night waiting for you to come over and talk to me. But I’m tired now, and I have to go home and can’t just keep sitting there waiting.” – Skylar
26. “I’ve got to get up in the morning and spend some more money on my overpriced education.” – Skylar
27. “And right now you’re perfect too. Maybe you don’t want to ruin that. Well, I think that’s a great philosophy Will, that way you can go through your entire life without ever having to really know anybody. My wife used to turn the alarm clock off in her sleep. I was late for work all the time because, in the middle of the night, she’d roll over and turn the damn thing off. Eventually, I got a second clock and put it under my side of the bed, but it got to where she was getting to that one too.” – Sean
28. “You know what? You can shove your medal up your f*cking *ss! I don’t give a sh*t about your medal. Because I knew you before you were a mathematical god. When you were pimple-faced and homesick and didn’t know which side of the bed to piss on.” – Sean
29. Will: “I’m afraid? What am I afraid of? What the f*ck am I afraid of?”
Skylar: “You’re afraid of me! You’re afraid that I won’t love you back! F*ck it, I wanna give it a shot! At least I’m honest with you.”
Also read: Miss Congeniality Quotes, Patch Adams Quotes
Great Good Will Hunting Quotes to Help You Relive Your Favorite Scenes
30. “I’m holding out for something better. I figure f*ck it. While I’m at it, why don’t just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe, and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.” – Will
31. Will: “What do I wanna way outta here for? I’m gonna live here the rest of my f*ckin’ life. We’ll be neighbors, have little kids, take ’em to Little League up at Foley Field.”
Chuckie: “Look, you’re my best friend, so don’t take this the wrong way. But in 20 years, if you’re still livin’ here, comin’ over to my house, watchin’ the Patriots games, workin’ construction, I’ll f*ckin’ kill ya. That’s not a threat; that’s a fact. I’ll f*ckin’ kill ya.”
32. “You’re suspect. Yeah, you! I don’t know what your reputation is in this town, but after the sh*t, you tried to pull today, you can bet I’ll be looking into you. Now the business we have, heretofore, you can speak with my aforementioned attorney. Good day, gentleman; and until that day comes, keep your ear to the grindstone.” – Chuckie
33. “What is your obsession with money? My father died when I was 13, and I inherited this money. You don’t think that every day I wake up and wish I could give it back? That I would give it back in a second if I could have one more day with him? But I can’t, and that’s my life and I deal with it. So, don’t put your sh*t on me when you’re the one that’s afraid.” – Skylar
34. “Excuse me, I’m afforded the right to speak in my own defense by the Constitution of the United States. This is the same document that guarantees my liberty, and liberty—in case you’ve forgotten—is a soul’s right to breathe. And when I cannot take a long breath, laws are girdled too tight.” – Will
35. “My father was an alcoholic. Mean f*ckin’ drunk. He’d come home hammered, looking to whale on somebody. So I’d provoke him, so he wouldn’t go after my mother and little brother. Interesting nights were when he wore his rings.” – Sean
36. “Man, I can’t believe you brought Skylar in here when we’re all f*cking bombed and been drinking. What the f*ck is she gonna think about us?” – Morgan
37. “I just have a little question here. You could be a janitor anywhere. Why did you work at the most prestigious technical college in the whole f*cking world? And why did you sneak around at night and finish other people’s formulas that only one or two people in the world could do and then lie about it? ‘Cause I don’t see a lot of honor in that, Will.” – Sean
38. “There’s honor, ya know, in taking that 40-minute so those college kids could come in the morning, and their floors are clean and their wastebaskets are empty. That’s real work.” – Sean
39. Skylar: “So, what are you saying? You play the piano?”
Will: “No, not a lick. I mean, I look at a piano, I see a bunch of keys, three pedals, and a box of wood. But Beethoven, Mozart, they saw it, they could just play. I couldn’t paint you a picture. I probably can’t hit a ball out of Fenway. And I can’t play the piano.”
40. “See, the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you’re gonna start doing’ some thinking’ on your own, and you’re gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life. One, don’t do that. And two, you dropped a 150 grand on a f*ckin’ education you coulda got for a dollar and a half in change at the public library.” – Will
41. Sean: “My wife used to fart in her sleep. One night, her fart was so loud it woke the dog up. She woke up and said, ‘Was that you?’ I said, ‘Yeah.’ I didn’t have the heart to tell her.”
Will: “So, she woke herself up?”
Sean: “Yeah, she’s been dead two years, and that’s the sh*t I remember.”
42. “Allegedly, your situation, for you, would be concurrently improved if I had $200 in my back pocket right now.” – Chuckie
Short Good Will Hunting Quotes for Fans of the Movie
43. “Disrespect my wife again and I will end you.” – Sean
44. “You’re just a kid—you don’t have the faintest idea what you’re talkin’ about.” – Sean
45. “Well, I got her number. How do you like them apples?” – Will
46. “Son of a bitch—he stole my line.” – Sean
47. “You’re legally allowed to drink now, so we figured the best thing for you was a car.” – Billy
48. “I teach this sh*t; I didn’t say I know how to do it.” – Sean
49. “What is this, a taster’s choice moment between guys?” – Will
Good Will Hunting Quotes That Zoom in on One’s Aspirations
50. Will: “I wanna be a shepherd.”
Will: “I wanna move up to Nashua, get a nice little spread, get some sheep, and tend to them.”
51. “Why shouldn’t I work for the NSA? That’s a tough one but I’ll take a shot.” – Will
52. “I can be in the NBA. I’m tall; I like to wear shorts. Hook! Hook! Dunk! Dunk! Baby, I’m all about three points.” – Skylar
Cheeky Good Will Hunting Quotes to Enjoy
53. Skylar: “Maybe we could go out for coffee sometime?”
Will: “Great, or maybe we could get together and just eat a bunch of caramels.”
Will: “When you think about it, it’s just as arbitrary as drinking coffee.”
Skylar: “Okay, sounds good.”
54. “Do you buy all these books retail, or do you send away for, like, a shrink kit that comes with all these volumes included?” – Will
55. “So, this is a Harvard bar, huh? I thought there’d be equations and sh*t on the wall.” – Chuckie
56. Chuckie: “Hey, *sshole.”
Will: “What, bitch?”
Chuckie: “Happy birthday.”
57. Will: “Do you play the piano?”
Skylar: “A bit.”
Will: “Okay, when you look at a piano, you see Mozart, right?”
Skylar: “I see ‘Chopsticks.’”
58. Will: “What do I think? I think you’re about one step away from cutting your f*ckin’ ear off!”
Sean: “And maybe I should change my name to Vincent, and move to the south of France.”
59. Sean: “Do you have a soul mate?”
Will: “Define that.”
Sean: “Someone you can relate to, someone who opens things up for you.”
Will: “Sure, I got plenty.”
Sean: “Well, name them.”
Will: “Shakespeare, Nietzsche, Frost, O’Conner—.”
Sean: “Well that’s great. They’re all dead.”
60. Will: “Does this violate the doctor-patient relationship?”
Sean: “Not unless you grab my *ss.”
Did These Quotes Encourage You to Be the Best Version of Yourself?
The ladder to success is paved with many challenges, but the one that hinders us the most may be our own selves. This lesson has been seen time and time again in real life. And, through the movie, we’re able to recognize that putting limits on ourselves would make us miss the good opportunities that life has to offer.
Good Will Hunting delved into this and reminded us that it is never too late to start a new life. To realize our shortcomings, we need to open our hearts and minds to people who care about us. These people will guide and help us put our pieces back together and push us to surpass the limits we set for ourselves.
People who’ve been dealt some bad cards in life can surely relate to these quotes from Good Will Hunting. So, let these quotes be a reminder that it’s never too late to start living a good life for yourself and your loved ones. As long as you remain optimistic, you’ll surely attract some positive things toward you!
Were these quotes able to inspire you? Which of these quotes is your favorite? Share your thoughts below!