If you’re like us and you miss this wise, sweet, and gentle half-giant, then you’ll love this collection of Hagrid quotes we’ve prepared for you.
Hagrid is a side character in the Harry Potter series. Yet, there’s nothing small about his role in the lives of our favorite wizards.
Undoubtedly, he is pivotal in introducing Harry to the Wizarding World and starting the story off.
In the oddest but most remarkable of ways, Hagrid also served as a father figure to him.
He cannot practice actual magic and spells, but it doesn’t mean there’s nothing magical about him.
How he acts and cares for our beloved characters shows how important his role is in the series.
So, if you love Hagrid as much as we do, then make sure you don’t miss out on this list of his most memorable quotes!
Scroll through to the end and get a glimpse of his sweet and loving side.
Start reading here.
Best Hagrid Quotes
1. “No good sittin’ worryin’ abou’ it. What’s comin’ will come, an’ we’ll meet it when it does.”
2. “It’s changing out there. Just like last time. There’s a storm coming, Harry. We’d all best be ready when she does.”
3. “First, and understand this Harry because it’s very important: not all wizards are good. Some of them go bad.”
4. “Everyone starts at the beginning at Hogwarts, you’ll be just fine. Just be yerself. I know it’s hard. Yeh’ve been singled out, an’ that’s always hard. But yeh’ll have a great time at Hogwarts—I did—still do, ‘smatter of fact.”
5. “That ain’t no ordinary cut on your forehead. A mark like that only comes from being touched by a curse, and an evil curse at that.”
Famous Hagrid Quotes
6. “Ah, go boil yer heads, both of yeh. Harry—yer a wizard.”
7. “Look! He knows his mummy! Hello, Norbert!”
8. “Fine. Just so you know, he’s a bloody coward.”
9. “Never insult Albus Dumbledore in front of me!”
10. “I’m stayin’ It’s me home, it’s been me home since I was 13. An’ if there are kids who wan’ me ter teach ’em, I’ll do it.’”
11. “Shouldn’t have said that. No more questions, don’t ask any more questions!”
Motivating Hagrid Quotes That’ll Push You Forward
12. “Yeh don’ have ter be ashamed of what yeh are.”
13. “Harry, did you ever make anything happen? Anything you couldn’t explain when you were angry or scared?”
14. “Well, yeh might’ve bent a few rules, Harry, bu’ yeh’re all righ’ really, aren’ you?”
15. “Don’t you think on it, Hermione. Don’t you think on it for one minute.”
16. “I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed. ‘Never be ashamed,’ my ol’ dad used ter say. ‘There’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth botherin’ with.’ An’ he was right.”
17. “Don’ worry,’ I got some o’ those letters an’ all after Rita Skeeter wrote abou’ me mum. ‘Yeh’re a monster an’ yeh should be put down.’ ‘Yer mother killed innocent people an’ if you had any decency you’d jump in a lake.’ They’re jus’ nutters, Hermione. Don’ open ’em if yeh get any more. Chuck ‘em straigh’ in the fire.”
18. Hagrid: “Now, I remember—I remember when I first met you all. Biggest bunch of misfits I ever set eyes on. Suppose you remind me of meself a little. And here we all are, four years later.”
Ron: “We’re still a bunch of misfits.”
Hagrid: “Well, maybe, but we’ve all got each other.”
19. Hagrid: “You all righ’?”
Hagrid: “No, yeh’re not. ’Course yeh’re not. But yeh will be.”
Short Hagrid Quotes That’ll Remind You of His Greatest Scenes
20. “Don’t pull out any of his feathers!”
21. “Dry up, Dursley, you big prune.”
22. “It’s an outrage! It’s a scandal!”
23. “Ah, well, people can be stupid abou’ their pets.”
24. “Better out than in.”
25. “A car crash? A car crash killed Lily and James Potter?”
Hagrid Quotes That Highlight His Relationship With Harry
26. “Six years to the day we met, Harry, d’yeh remember it?”
27. “Don’ you worry, Harry. You’ll learn fast enough.”
28. “You never told him? Never told him what was in the letter Dumbledore left fer him? I was there! I saw Dumbledore leave it, Dursley! An’ you kept it from him all these years?”
29. “Yeh know wha’, Harry? When I firs’ met you, you reminded me o’ me a bit. Mum an’ Dad was gone, an’ you was feelin’ like yeh wouldn’t fit in at Hogwarts, remember? Not sure yeh were really up to it. An’ now look at yeh, Harry! School champion!”
30. “I brought you here 16 years ago when you were no bigger than a Bowtruckle. Seems only right that I should be the one to take you away now.”
31. “I knew Sirius longer ’n yeh did. He died in battle, an’ tha’s the way he’d’ve wanted ter go. But still, Harry—he was never one ter sit aroun’ at home an’ let other people do the fightin’. He couldn’ have lived with himself if he hadn’ gone ter help.”
32. “Yeh know what I’d love, Harry? I’d love yeh ter win, I really would. It’d show ’em all yeh don’ have ter be pure-blood ter do it.”
33. “Tha’s my boy! You show ‘em, Harry, you show ‘em. Beat ‘em all.”
Hagrid Quotes for Those Who Miss This Gentle Half-Giant
34. “Mad and hairy? You wouldn’t be talkin’ about me, now, would ya?”
35. “They were all bullyin’ him, Hermione, ’cause he’s so small!’”
36. “If that dolt of a cousin of yours, Dudley, gives you any grief, you could always threaten him with a nice pair of ears to go with that tail of his.”
37. “If anyone wanted ter find out some stuff, all they’d have ter do would be ter follow the spiders. That’d lead ‘em right! That’s all I’m sayin’.”
38. “Don’t worry yourself, you’re not alone. Seriously misunderstood creatures, spiders are. It’s the eyes, I reckon. They unnerve some folk.”
39. “Dumbledore sent me to parley with the giants. I tried to convince them to join the cause. But I wasn’t the only one that was trying to win them over.”
40. “Tiny little bloke, my dad was. By the time I was six, I could lift him up an’ put him on top o’ the dresser if he annoyed me. Used ter make him laugh.”
Hagrid Quotes to Get Some Interesting Facts From
41. “Great man, Dumbledore. ‘S long as we’ve got him, I’m not too worried.”
42. “Snape?’ Yer not still on abou’ that, are yeh? Look, Snape helped protect the Stone, he’s not about ter steal it.”
43. “Never, try an’ get a straight answer out of a centaur. Ruddy stargazers. Not interested in anythin’ closer’n the moon.”
44. “No one ever lived after he’d decided ter kill ‘em—no one except you. An’ he’d killed some o’ the best witches an’ wizards of the age—an’ you were only a baby, an’ you lived.”
45. “See, the thing is, Harry, there are some wizards, like the Malfoy family, who think they’re better than everyone else because they’re pure-blood.”
More Hagrid Quotes That You Will Love
46. “Listen to me, all three of ya. Yer meddlin’ in things that ought not to be meddled in; it’s too dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel.”
47. “I gotta tell yeh, I thought you two’d value yer friend more’n broomsticks or rats. That’s all.”
48. “He’ll accept anyone at Hogwarts, s’long as they’ve got the talent. Knows people can turn out okay even if their families weren’—well—all tha’ respectable.”
49. “You can kip under that, Don’ mind if it wriggles a bit, I think I still got a couple o’ dormice in one o’ the pockets.”
50. Harry: “What’s with the flower? Hagrid, have you combed your hair?”
Hagrid: “As a matter of fact, I have. You might like to try the same thing now and again.”
Do You Think Hagrid Is Someone You Can Confide In?
The image of Hagrid is something we can never dissociate with Hogwarts and Harry Potter. From start to end, he had been there, supporting, protecting, and caring for his beloved friends and school.
Many people questioned Hagrid’s ability to take care of important tasks. Still, Dumbledore, Harry, and their friends knew that he would do whatever it took to succeed because of his fierce loyalty. He never questioned his commitment to them and understood that being loyal is the most critical foundation of trust between friends and allies.
Aside from exhibiting fierce loyalty, Hagrid is someone who doesn’t let anyone define his future. He faces the truth that he is different, but instead of being bogged down by it, he uses it as leverage that would propel him forward. After all, our differences don’t define whether we’re successful or not, but they do determine how special we all are.
Hagrid indeed lived a difficult life. But, he found a family within Hogwarts, primarily through his friendship with Harry, Hermione, and Ron. By facing the truth head-on and having unwavering loyalty toward his loved ones, he was able to conquer everything.
We hope you were able to find the advice you need through this list of Hagrid quotes. Like him, never give up, face reality, and do your best, come what may.
What lessons did you learn from this list of Hagrid quotes? What was your first impression of him? Please, share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.