These Voldemort quotes will provide everyone with a unique insight into his broken persona.
Lord Voldemort is one of Harry Potter’s most memorable antagonists. He is an evil wizard with a terrifying visage and two snake-like slits on his face. Just by that description, it’s frightening to think about the possibility of being in his presence.
He is someone who believes that power triumphs over everything, including good and evil, and love and compassion. But, maybe what truly makes his character whole is his goal to keep himself alive at any cost to his soul.
So, if you’re intrigued about Lord Voldemort, read our collection below. Get hold of your wands and be ready for an exciting ride!
Best Voldemort Quotes
1. “Don’t you turn your back on me, Harry Potter! I want you to look at me when I kill you! I want to see the light leave your eyes!” – Voldemort
2. “There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to seek it.” – Voldemort
3. “Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste.” – Voldemort
4. “I can make things move without touching them. I can make animals do what I want them to do without training them. I can make bad things happen to people who annoy me. I can make them hurt if I want.” – Voldemort
5. “I’m going to kill you, Harry Potter. I’m going to destroy you. After tonight, no one will ever again question my power. After tonight if they speak of you, they’ll only speak of how you begged for death. And how I being a merciful Lord—obliged.” – Voldemort
6. “I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost—but still, I was alive.” – Voldemort
7. “Killing Mudbloods doesn’t matter to me anymore. For many months now, my new target has been you.” – Voldemort
8. “Join me in the forbidden forest, and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman, and child who tries to conceal you from me.” – Voldemort
9. “Welcome, my friends. Thirteen years it’s been, and yet, here you stand before me, as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself—disappointed. Not one of you tried to find me.” – Voldemort
10. “Come out, Harry—come out and play, then it will be quick, it might even be painless. I would not know I have never died.” – Voldemort
Famous Voldemort Quotes
11. “Harry Potter, the boy who lived—came to die. Avada Kedavra!” – Voldemort
12. “Voldemort is my past, present, and future.” – Voldemort
13. “But I was willing to embrace mortal life again, before chasing immortality.” – Voldemort
14. “You’re a fool, Harry Potter, and you will lose everything.” – Voldemort
15. “The boy who lived. How lies have fed your legend, Harry! Shall I reveal what really happened that night 13 years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers? Yes, shall I?” – Voldemort
16. “I have seen your heart and it’s mine. I have seen your dreams, Ronald Weasley, and I have seen your fears.” – Voldemort
17. “The boy has discovered our secret, Nagini. It makes us vulnerable. We must deploy all our forces now to find him. And you, my friend, must stay close.” – Voldemort
18. “How is it that you—a skinny boy with no extraordinary magical talent—managed to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did you escape with nothing but a scar, while Lord Voldemort’s powers were destroyed?” – Voldemort
19. “Kill me now, Dumbledore. Do it, if death means nothing.” – Voldemort
20. “As inspiring as I find your bloodlust, Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry Potter.” – Voldemort
Lord Voldemort Quotes
21. “My mother died just after I was born, sir. They told me at the orphanage she lived just long enough to name me—Tom after my father, Marvolo after my grandfather.” – Voldemort
22. “Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour.” – Voldemort
23. “Surely you didn’t think I was going to keep my filthy Muggle father’s name? No. I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world!” – Voldemort
24. “Invite him inside, Wormtail. Where are your manners?” – Voldemort
25. “Harry. Ah, I’d almost forgotten you were here. Standing on the bones of my father. I’d introduce you but word has it you’re almost as famous as me these days.” – Voldemort
26. “And here we have six missing Death Eaters—three dead in my service. One, too cowardly to return—he will pay. One, who I believe has left me forever—he will be killed, of course—and one who remains my most faithful servant, and who has already re-entered my service.” – Voldemort
27. “We are joined tonight by Ms. Charity Burbage, who until recently taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her specialty was Muggle Studies. It is Ms. Burbage’s belief that Muggles are not so different from us—to her, the mixture of magical and Muggle blood is not an abomination, but something to be encouraged.” – Voldemort
28. “Step aside, Wormtail, so that I can give our guests a proper greeting. Avada Kedavra!” – Voldemort
29. “Pick up your wand, Potter! You’ve been taught how to duel, I presume. First, we bow to each other—Dumbledore wouldn’t want you to forget your manners, would he?” – Voldemort
30. “You’ve been a good and faithful servant, Severus—but only I can live—forever.” – Voldemort
Voldemort Quotes to Remind You of His Darkest Scenes
31. “You see, when sweet, dear, Lily Potter gave her life for her only son, she provided the ultimate protection. I could not touch him. It was old magic, something I should have foreseen. But no matter, no matter, things have changed. I can—touch him—now! Astounding what a few drops of your blood will do eh, Harry?” – Voldemort
32. “Funny, isn’t it? The damage a silly little book can do. Especially in the hands of a silly little girl.” – Voldemort
33. “Least loved by the mother who craved a daughter. Least loved by the girl who prefers your friend.” – Voldemort
34. “They never learn. Pity.” – Voldemort
35. “I read something rather odd about a bit of rare magic. It’s called, as I understand it—a Horcrux.” – Voldemort
Also read: Hagrid Quotes
More Harry Potter Quotes About Voldemort
36. “Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.” – Albus Dumbledore
37. “Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head!” – Harry Potter
38. “He can move faster than Severus Snape when confronted with shampoo.” – Fred Weasley
39. “Of house-elves and children’s tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped.” – Albus Dumbledore
40. “You are protected, in short, by your ability to love! The only protection that can possibly work against the lure of power like Voldemort’s!” – Albus Dumbledore
Did Voldemort Teach You Anything New About the Thirst for Power?
If you’ve watched Harry Potter, you’ll know that Voldemort is a man who never gives up and always has a backup plan. He will not be deterred by a minor setback, especially when it comes to attempting to rule the world.
Despite his reputation as a villain, this character possesses a wealth of wisdom that we can apply and remember in our daily lives. He instilled in us the importance of knowing ourselves, including our flaws and strengths. After all, it is only through knowing yourself inside and out that you can keep yourself protected from your weaknesses.
Voldemort exemplifies true dedication and determination. His brilliant plan to divide his soul into seven parts perfectly defined what it means to persevere. But, this thirst for power and immortality eventually led to his demise.
We hope that this list was able to give you a glimpse of Voldemort’s backstory and what his actual personality is. Remember that every villain encountered something traumatic that made them the ruthless and dark people they are now.
Which quotes struck you the most? What’s your favorite spell of Voldemort’s? Share them down below!