Let these LL Cool J quotes help you realize that you can be much more than you think you could accomplish.
LL Cool J is an artist who did not only limit himself to being a rapper.
Instead, he entered into different fields, such as being an actor, a record producer, writer, and entrepreneur. Through his experiences, he proved that we could evolve and create ourselves into something more than we’re currently capable of.
Sadly, in this process of defining and bettering ourselves, criticism is inevitable. So, here are some LL Cool J quotes that will give you the motivation and inspiration you need to rise above them.
Best LL Cool J Quotes
1. “I am what I am. I’m doing very well in my life, and I’m thankful to God for that.”
2. “Stand up and face your fears, or they will defeat you.”
3. “When adversity strikes, that’s when you have to be the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded, and press on.”
4. “Stay focused, go after your dreams, and keep moving toward your goals.”
5. “You have to always continue to strive no matter how hard things get, no matter how troubled you feel. No matter how tough things get, no matter how many times you lose, you keep trying to win.”
6. “Our world is at the crossroads. We have a choice, right and wrong.”
7. “To know the rules of the game—you have to be educated.”
8. “It’s hard being the king, but somebody’s gotta do it.”
9. “I’m not trying to keep up or adapt. I’m allowing myself to grow, evolve, and create new music.”
10. “You don’t need to be the good guy to get a good message out.”
Famous LL Cool J Quotes
11. “How others judge me is none of my business.”
12. “You can’t let your past hold your future hostage.”
13. “Money is small, and the soul stands tall. All those who don’t realize this, fall.”
14. “I’m not just a rapper. I’m an entertainer. That’s the difference.”
15. “The nature of the game is pain.”
16. “Hip hop can be limiting, and I refuse to accept limits.”
17. “I think, in order to keep America great, we have to keep America creative.”
18. “I don’t think you should go around talking trash about people because I think that’s how you get your hat handed to you.”
19. “People will feel the way they feel.”
20. “A man can make money, but money can’t make a man.”
Inspirational LL Cool J Quotes to Motivate You
21. “Dreams don’t have deadlines. I’m thinking of doing bigger and better things and having more fun with it.”
22. “I just look at the high and bright side of things.”
23. “I think when you move past your fear, and you go after your dreams wholeheartedly, you become free. Know what I’m saying? Move past the fear.”
24. “Uplift. Your mind is a gift.”
25. “Once you achieve one goal, you should be looking forward to trying to build onto the next thing, and not just getting comfortable with what you’re doing.”
26. “When you have a clear vision of your goal, it’s easier to take the first step toward it.”
LL Cool J Quotes That’ll Help You Stand Firm in Your Choice
27. “I only do what comes from the heart.”
28. “Nobody is perfect, but life is about choices.”
29. “Once the referee throws the ball in the air, it’s either your ball or their ball, and you have to just take your shot.”
30. “Sometimes altering your position is the right thing. Sometimes it’s not.”
31. “Do what you love; you’ll be better at it. It sounds pretty simple, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t get this one right away.”
32. “I don’t look back. I don’t live my life in the rear-view mirror because, if you do, you’re bound to end up wrapped around a pole somewhere.”
33. “You’ve got to stay focused without being boring because all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Skinny, but dull.”
34. “What I’m sowing today, I will reap tomorrow. So here’s some joyful bars to replace your sorrow.”
LL Cool J Quotes That Highlight His Passion for His Career
35. “The secret to it all is just to enjoy what you’re doing. This is not working at the coal face; this is not sweeping behind a restaurant. It’s work, but it’s not work. It gives me a different type of energy. I’m grateful for that.”
36. “I am artistic, so I reserve the right to change my mind at any point. I just like to do different things.”
37. “What I like to do is just make good music, good movies—hopefully, perform a good show full of energy and just have some fun.”
38. “What I say on a record and what I say off a record are two different things. And that’s always been the case. There’s a difference between confidence on a record and arrogance.”
39. “What is more important than the name is that people know that I really like acting, I enjoy it, and I want people to know that I am serious.”
40. “That’s one of the good things about music. You get to do it live, where you can touch the people and interact with them.”
41. “I’m not giving up my history and what I’ve done in my music because I love it, and I’m very proud of it. I just want to open it up for more people.”
42. “I am a real person that cares about his art and cares about what he’s doing—I have a heart and a soul and want to touch people and give.”
43. “I’ve got to see my movie to see how I’m acting—see what little things I can learn about my craft.”
Also read: Biggie Smalls Quotes
LL Cool J Quotes for Women’s Empowerment
44. “I’ve never been one to have to manipulate women. I always want it to be like a mutual thing—like everybody loves everybody.”
45. “There’s a lot of single Black women who did the best that they could, and that’s a beautiful thing. But they don’t know how necessary a father is in a kid’s life and how much guys miss that deep down inside.”
46. “All you ladies that are selling your souls, you need to put your hooker vibes on hold.”
47. “I want a girl with extensions in her hair, bamboo earrings—at least two pairs, a Fendi bag, and a bad attitude. That’s all I need to get me in a good mood. She can walk with a switch and talk with street slang, I love it when a woman ain’t scared to do her thing.”
Wise LL Cool J Quotes to Learn From
48. “Gain some knowledge. If not from the Bible or Koran, get a book from college.”
49. “I try to do the right thing with money. Save a dollar here and there, clip some coupons. Buy 10 gold chains instead of 20, 4 summer homes instead of 8.”
50. “If you do cardio one day and the next day you can do weights, do it that way. If you need to do it at night or in the morning, do it that way. Whatever you need to get it done, just get it done.”
51. “I think fitness is important. I think a healthy lifestyle is important. I think putting positive energy out there is important and just staying connected with the people.”
52. “I think the key to working out is for people to think of water—just allow the workouts to fill out the cracks in your lives and seep into wherever you can fit it in.”
53. “Friendship, trust, honor, respect, admiration—this whole experience has been such a revelation.”
54. “God blesses us all with different views and perspectives and levels of influence and power.”
LL Cool J Quotes That Zoom in on the People Who Influenced Him
55. “The person that made me want to make movies, and the reason I do films, is Bruce Lee. He was an incredible actor, and he had a lot of charisma. Handsome, action, you know, everything was there. I loved Bruce Lee.”
56. “I was listening to Jimi Hendrix; I just admire his artistry and creativity as an artist.”
57. “I think the guy who has had the better films is Will Smith. I don’t know if he’s a better actor than me. I don’t think so. I am a rapper first. Man, I just love what I do. I am just the greatest, and I can’t help it. I’m sorry, man.”
More LL Cool J Quotes That You Need to Read Today
58. “As a Black man, my hope is that I can touch more and more people all over the world of different races and different colors.”
59. “Hip hop has always reached out to kids. If you look at the last 10 big albums, it might seem ironic. But when I look at the history of this music, it’s always had a lot of positivity.”
60. “Conquering the world with words, leading the children like herds.”
Have You Ever Had the Desire to Step Out From Your Old Self?
We all have our own unique identities. Sometimes, it just takes us a bit more time than others to figure things out. But, if we truly dedicate ourselves to the process and not let fear hinder us, then there’s nothing we can’t achieve.
LL Cool J did not let adversity bring him down. Instead, he humbled himself and surrounded himself with people who inspired him. Like him, let’s all realize that belief in ourselves and having the right support system are the keys to living a genuinely happy life.
Be unique, and let your true self flourish. If you do this, you’ll become a great role model for younger generations, and you’ll surely bring about a positive influence in the world.
After all, it’s not only through music that you can make your mark on this planet. With that, we hope these LL Cool J quotes were able to equip you with the right tools and the self-confidence needed to face whatever situation may arise. Feel free to reread the list whenever you need a boost!
Which quotes made an impact on you? Were you able to relate to LL Cool J’s quotes? Comment your thoughts below!