These Vanilla Ice quotes are the perfect reminders to stay grounded, no matter how far we’ve come.
Robert Matthew Van Winkle—also known as Vanilla Ice—is an American rapper, actor, and television host. Despite his rising career, there were times that some new and younger artists overshadowed him.
One’s initial reaction could be to just let others outshine you. But, for Vanilla Ice, that’s not the way to go. Instead, you must remember that no matter how many valleys and challenges you face, the climb to the top of your mountain will always be worth it.
Always be prepared for the roadblocks ahead. It will be difficult, but if we live our life with purpose, we’ll find what it is we’re aiming for.
So, if you want to see how Vanilla Ice worked through the ups and downs of the industry, check out our collection below!
Let’s start here.
Best Vanilla Ice Quotes
1. “I don’t have any reason to hate anybody; I believe in good karma and spreading good energy.”
2. “Stop, collaborate and listen.”
3. “Anything less than the best is a felony.”
4. “I just kept it real and had the freedom to do what I want. It’s not designed for any age group. It’s not made for radio. There are no edits. The whole album contains explicit lyrics, but that’s because you need it.”
5. “Learn from my mistakes and you don’t have to make them yourself.”
6. “I live off a motto that says, ‘Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.’ I have goals and agendas. Wherever I’ll be tomorrow, that’s where I’ll be.”
7. “We are who we are because of who we were.”
8. “I use the music to vent, and a lot of the stuff that I am writing about or was writing about contained a lot of anger and anxiety, stress and depression, so that’s how the album came out so dark.”
9. “Be yourself and enjoy yourself. Show me a smile, and I’ll show you one back. Karma—believe in it. It’s real. It comes back to you.”
Famous Vanilla Ice Quotes
10. “Negativity spreads faster than any Justin Bieber song.”
11. “I’ve never met anybody in this world like me.”
12. “Rap is from the streets, and I’m from the streets. That’s why a lot of people accept me.”
13. “My main thing is music; it’s what I do.”
14. “Show me who your friends are, and I’ll show you who you are. It works for me. Stay positive and good things happen.”
15. “Act smarter than you are and always know where your exit is in case you get into too much trouble.”
Motivational Vanilla Ice Quotes to Help You Pursue Your Goals
16. “I don’t harp on what I could change about the past because I can’t go back and change it. But definitely a lot of things I would change.”
17. “With the mega-fame came the mega-downfall, you know? With the press and everything and at a young age, it was very stressful to me.”
18. “It took me a while and a lot of hard times to figure out my purpose. I am so happy with my life. I just want to help make other people happy, too.”
19. “I’m the kind of guy who really likes a challenge. It’s more rewarding.”
20. “Listen, if you don’t talk the big game, you never get anywhere. If you don’t think big, you don’t get big. Some people call it egotistical, some people call it high hopes, some people call it confidence. It’s all in how you want to dissect it.”
Vanilla Ice Quotes to Understand the Value of Contentment
21. “Another car is not going to help me out—a nicer car. I’ve already got it. A bigger house ain’t gonna do anything for me, and you know, a yacht, it’s not going to do anything for me anymore. So how can I find happiness?”
22. “Concerts every night, autograph signings, endorsements, and so on. That’s not what real life is about.”
23. “The most valuable lesson I’ve ever learned in my life is that life is about family and friends, not about material things or any of that. It’s about enjoying your life. If you have no family, no friends to enjoy it with, it doesn’t matter how much you have, how much success you have, how much fame you have, how much money you have, it doesn’t matter.”
24. “I got caught up on drugs for a few years, I’m off it, I’m very happy, got two kids and a family and everything. And like I said, I’m making the underground music and keeping it real.”
25. “I had a pretty modest upbringing; it was no pleasure cruise. I don’t think I would be as happy today if I hadn’t been through that. It was tough; I made some bad choices myself.”
26. “Honestly, a lot of people thought that I was on top of the world selling so many millions of records and that this is the life that everybody would want, but I never got to enjoy any of my success.”
27. “It wasn’t until ’94 when I tried to commit suicide that I realized that it wasn’t about the money.”
28. “One thing I didn’t understand in life was that I had $100,000,000 in the bank, and I couldn’t buy happiness. I had everything—mansions, yachts, Ferraris, Lamborghinis—but I was depressed. I didn’t know where I fitted in. But then I found family and friends, and I learned the value of life.”
Vanilla Ice Quotes That Talk Zoom In on His Life and Career
29. “Not everyone agrees on music. Some people like rap, some like country—it’s all an opinion. Fuck the critics.”
30. “This was totally influenced by me and the direction that I am writing about and the stuff that I am writing about. There is just no way that you can be as intense as what I have been through in my life over a drum beat machine, sample, or loop; it’s just not going to happen.”
31. “I didn’t end up going bankrupt. I made some great investments, and I held on to my money, which also enabled me to have the freedom to do what I want now. But it’s not about finances. No matter what, it’s about keeping it real.”
32. “I do freestyle jumping. Been doing it since I was eight years old and can’t quit. I’m addicted. I’ve broken many bones, but I ride with confidence. It’s my thing there’s no high on earth like it. It’s my hobby, and I really enjoy it.”
33. “What makes critics dictate what is cool and what is not. What gives them the pass to say that their opinion on music or movies or anything is what should be cool and what shouldn’t. I don’t think it should be up to one person.”
34. “I’ve never left music behind, but I’ve had success in television.”
35. “To be truthful, Jay-Z wouldn’t have a quarter of the records sold today if it wasn’t for the white people buying his records.”
36. “I didn’t want the public in my personal life at all. I thought that people might perceive me as too normal, and I’d lose that larger-than-life rock star persona. You’ve got to protect that!”
Also read: P. Diddy Quotes
More Vanilla Ice Quotes for All His Fans
37. “A lot of people think I was an overnight success, but I was an opening act for three or four years, and then I signed my contract with EMI. Then it kind of blew up overnight.”
38. “A lot of people don’t remember anything since ‘Ice Ice Baby,’ but I’ve got three records out since then, and they’re all successes—but not commercially.”
39. “No way! Let me tell you; I’m no Elvis. Elvis had his time. I’m Vanilla Ice, and it’s my turn now.”
40. “I used the music kind of as therapy, and it’s just amazing that I feel so free after doing that. I feel like I had it trapped inside of me, and now I feel free. So it’s been a very good therapy session for me as well.”
Did These Quotes Fuel You to Face and Overcome Failures?
Failures are inevitable, but it’s up to us if we will let those failures stop us. Remember that we will reap what we’ve planted. We won’t reach the top if we plant negative things, but success will come naturally if we cultivate hope, perseverance, and grit.
This is a lesson we can pick up from Vanilla Ice’s life. His career was a rollercoaster filled with ups, downs, and everything in between. Despite this, he chose to keep pursuing his goal, no matter how many times he fell along the way.
Through his music and experiences, Vanilla Ice taught us the value of patience and hard work. He enjoyed the process, and in doing so, he discovered what contentment and success truly meant. It’s not just about popularity; it’s also about recognizing what truly matters to you.
So, let these Vanilla Ice quotes teach you how to keep a positive attitude while paving the path toward your goals. Remember to follow your dreams, work hard, and believe that you will prosper.
Which of these quotes motivated you to go for success? Are there any other quotes that you’d like us to add? Please, share your thoughts and join the discussion below!