Experience the overwhelming feeling of falling in love through these Love Actually quotes we’ve compiled for you.
Love Actually is a Christmas-themed romantic comedy movie directed by Richard Curtis.
It features an impressive cast composed of world-renowned British actors and actresses.
With it being a megahit, it’s no surprise that we got a sequel, Red Nose Day Actually, even more than a decade after the first movie’s release.
We all experience love in different ways, and Love Actually sought to convey that sentiment to the world.
It plunged into multiple love stories of various characters. And, while you may think they’re all separate stories, they were all interrelated somehow with the help of the movie’s magical storytelling.
No doubt, Love Actually is a movie that will open your eyes to what true love entails.
Here are some of the best quotes that we’re sure you’ll enjoy!
Start reading here.
Best Love Actually Quotes
1. “To me, you are perfect.” – Mark
2. “Love, actually, is all around.” – David
3. “True love lasts a lifetime.” – Karen
4. “Tell her that you love her. You’ve got nothing to lose and you’ll always regret it if you don’t.” – Daniel
5. “I realized that Christmas is the time to be with the people you love.” – Billy
6. “I love that word, ‘relationship.’ Covers all manner of sins, doesn’t it? I fear that this has become a bad relationship.” – David
7. “All I want for Christmas is you.” – Judy
Romantic Quotes From Love Actually
8. “But the truth is, I’m in love and there’s nothing I can do about it.” – Sam
9. “Much as it grieves me to say it, it might be that the people I love is, in fact—you.” – Billy
10. “And my wasted heart will love you until you look like this.” – Mark
11. “Beautiful Aurelia, I’ve come here with a view of asking you to marriage me. I know I seem like an insane person—because I hardly know you—but sometimes things are so transparent, they don’t need evidential proof. And I will inhabit here, or you can inhabit with me in England.” – Jamie
12. “It’s a terrible mistake, Chubs, but you turn out to be the f*cking love of my life. And to be honest, despite all my complaining, we have had a wonderful life.” – Billy
13. “I love you even when you’re sick and look disgusting.” – Jaime
14. “I’ll be hanging around the mistletoe, hoping to be kissed.” – Mia
Love Actually Quotes That’ll Touch Your Heart
15. “When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge—they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I’ve got a sneaky feeling you’ll find that love.” – David
16. “Often, it’s not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it’s always there: fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends.” – David
17. “The general wisdom is that, in the end, there isn’t just one person for each of us.” – Daniel
18. “A friend who bullies us is no longer a friend. And since bullies only respond to strength, from now onward I will be prepared to be much stronger.” – David
19. “General opinion’s starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don’t see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere.” – David
20. “Christmas is a time for people with someone they love in their lives.” – Jamie
Also read: Deep Love Quotes
Love Actually Quotes That Are Extremely Relatable
21. Daniel: “Well, I’m a little relieved.”
Daniel: “Well, you know—I thought it might be something worse.”
Sam: “Worse than the total agony of being in love?”
Daniel: “Oh. No, you’re right. Yeah, total agony.”
22. “Girls love musicians, don’t they? Even the really weird ones get girlfriends.” – Sam
23. “The thing about romance is people only get together right at the very end.” – Sam
24. “Thank you, sir. I did have an awful premonition that I was gonna f*ck up on the first day. Oh, piss it!” – Natalie
25. “When I was young and successful, I was greedy and foolish, and now I’m left with no one. Wrinkled and alone.” – Billy
26. “Christmas shopping, never an easy or pleasant task.” – Harry.
27. “Would you stay, knowing life would always be a little bit worse? Or would you cut and run?” – Karen
28. Judy: “I can’t understand why he’s not married, though.”
John: “You know the type. He’s married to his job.”
29. “I don’t want something I need. I want something pretty.” – Mia
30. “Life is full of interruptions and complications.” – Karl
Love Actually Quotes to Help You Revisit Your Favorite Scenes
31. “At Christmas, you tell the truth.” – Mark
32. “There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?” – Karen
33. “Let’s get the sh*t kicked out of us by love!” – Sam
34. “It’s my favorite time of day, driving you.” – Jamie
35. “Aren’t you a bit young to be in love?” – Daniel
36. “I’ll give you anything you ask for as long as it’s not something I don’t want to give.” – The US President
37. “I’m not so sure politics and dating really go together.” – David
38. “Well, I just thought maybe the time had come to do something about it.” – Harry
Love Actually Quotes for Those Who Need Dating Advice
39. “Get a grip; people hate sissies. No one’s ever going to shag you if you cry all the time.” – Karen
40. “Invite him out for a drink and then, after about 20 minutes, casually drop into the conversation the fact that you’d like to marry him and have lots of sex and babies.” – Harry
41. “Definitely go for England, girl. You’ll meet Prince William—then you can marry him instead.” – Sophia
42. “Option one: ask her out. Option two: become her friend. Option three: kidnap her and keep her tied up in your room until she agrees to marry you.” – Daniel
Love Actually Quotes That’ll Make You Want to Watch It Again
43. Harry: “Tell me, exactly, how long it is that you’ve been working here?”
Sarah: “Two years, seven months, three days and, I suppose, what, two hours?”
Harry: “And how long have you been in love with Karl, our enigmatic chief designer?”
Sarah: “Ahm, two years, seven months, three days, and I suppose an hour and thirty minutes.”
44. “No, I’m wise. Stateside I am Prince William without the weird family.” – Colin
45. “We need Kate, and we need Leo. And we need them now.” – Daniel
46. “American girls would seriously dig me with my cute British accent.” – Collin
47. “The trouble with being the Prime Minister’s sister is, it does put your life into a rather harsh perspective. What did my brother do today? He stood up and fought for his country. And what did I do? I made a paper maché lobster head.” – Karen
Silly Love Actually Quotes for a Day Filled With Giggles
48. “We may be a small country, but we’re a great one, too. The country of Shakespeare, Churchill, The Beatles, Sean Connery, Harry Potter. David Beckham’s right foot—David Beckham’s left foot, come to that.” – David
49. “Hello, David. I mean, Sir. Sh*t, I can’t believe I’ve just said that. And now I’ve gone and said ‘sh*t’ twice. Oh, I’m so sorry Sir.” – Natalie
50. “Jamie’s friends are so good-looking! He never tells me this. I think, maybe now I have made the wrong choice? Picked the wrong Englishman?” – Aurelia
Did You Find These Quotes Helpful in Defining the Meaning of Love?
Love takes on many different forms, shapes, and sizes. This is shown by various love stories told throughout the movie. Through them, Love Actually was able to demonstrate that love knows no age, gender, or language—it triumphs over all.
Yes, one of the most challenging things to define in life is love. Every individual interprets this emotion differently, making it hard to pinpoint what it entails. But, love envelopes the world with a positive and warm feeling.
Though we most relate this emotion to romantic relationships, love goes way beyond that. You can love your family, friends, pets and other animals, the rest of humanity, and more.
“Love is all around,” is the striking message Love Actually shared with the world. Love is everywhere, and we just have to open our eyes and see that it comes from all directions. After all, love is what makes this world go round.
Did these quotes make you fall in love? What is love for you? Let us hear your opinion by joining the discussion below.