These 10 Things I Hate About You quotes are a must-read for anyone going through the highs and lows of relationships and their teenage years!
We tend to become so preoccupied with our flaws that we forget to enjoy life. The thing is, no one is perfect; we all have drawbacks that we dislike the most. However, you should not be afraid to be yourself; others may leave, but those who genuinely love you will stay.
These quotes from the movie remind us that life is beautiful, and we should make the most out of it with the people we love. Remember that there are many things in life for which we should be thankful if we just change our perspective.
Whether you’re a fan of the movie or not, we’re sure these quotes we’ve gathered will make your day! So, don’t miss out and read through to the end.
Start reading here.
Best 10 Things I Hate About You Quotes
1. “I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you’re always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you’re not around, and the fact that you didn’t call. But mostly I hate the way I don’t hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.” – Katarina Stratford
2. “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want. Go for it.” – Patrick Verona
3. “You don’t always have to be who they want you to be, you know?” – Katarina Stratford
4. “Just ’cause you’re beautiful, that doesn’t mean that you can treat people like they don’t matter.” – Cameron James
5. “I don’t like to do what people expect. Why should I live up to other people’s expectations instead of my own?” – Katarina Stratford
Memorable Quotes From 10 Things I Hate About You
6. “You’re not as vile as I thought you were.” – Katarina Stratford
7. “Expressing my opinion is not a terrorist action.” – Katarina Stratford
8. “Remove the head from the sphincter, then drive!” – Katarina Stratford
9. “Am I that transparent? I want you. I need you. Oh baby, oh baby.” – Katarina Stratford
10. “Romantic? Hemingway? He was an abusive, alcoholic misogynist who squandered half of his life hanging around Picasso trying to nail his leftovers.” – Katarina Stratford
10 Things I Hate About You Quotes That Will Make You Want to Watch the Movie
11. “I guess, in this society, being male and an asshole makes you worthy of our time.” – Katarina Stratford
12. “I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?” – Chastity Church
13. “My mission in life, but obviously, I struck your fancy so you see it worked, the world makes sense again.” – Katarina Stratford
14. “Kissing? That’s what you think happens? I’ve got news for you. Kissing isn’t what keeps me up to my elbows in placenta all day long.” – Walter Stratford
15. “Has the fact that you’re completely psycho managed to escape your attention?” – Bianca Stratford
16. “But the next time you decide to storm in on the PTA, crusading for better lunch meat, or whatever it is you white girls complain about, ask them why they can’t buy a book by a Black man!” – Mr. Morgan
17. Katarina Stratford: “You’re looking at this from entirely the wrong perspective! We’re making a statement!”
Mandella: “Oh goody! Something new and different for us!”
10 Things I Hate About You Quotes to Give You an Idea About Love and Dating
18. “You know, there’s a difference between like and love. I like my Skechers but I love my Prada backpack.” – Bianca Stratford
19. “Ooh, see that, there. Who needs affection when I have blind hatred?” – Patrick Verona
20. “You’re asking me out? That’s so cute! What’s your name again?” – Bianca Stratford
21. Patrick Verona: “Some asshole paid me to take out this really great girl.”
Katarina Stratford: “Is that right?”
Patrick Verona: “Yeah, but I screwed up. I, um, I fell for her.”
Funny 10 Things I Hate About You Quotes for a Day Full of Laughter
22. “What are the two house rules? Number one: no dating till you graduate. Number two: No dating till you graduate.” – Walter Stratford
23. Chastity Church: “Mr. Stratford, it’s just a party!”
Walter Stratford: “And hell is just a sauna.”
24. Walter Stratford: “This morning, I delivered a set of twins to a 15-year-old girl, do you know what she said to me?”
Bianca Stratford: “I’m a crack-whore who should have made my sleazy boyfriend wear a condom”?
Also read: Love Actually Quotes
10 Things I Hate About You Quotes That Sum up Their Sarcastic Moments
25. Bianca Stratford: “But she’s a mutant! What if she never dates?”
Walter Stratford: “Then you’ll never date. Oh, I like that.”
26. Katarina Stratford: “Sweating like a pig actually and yourself?”
Patrick Verona: “Now there’s a way to get a guy’s attention huh?”
27. Bianca Stratford: “Can we for two seconds ignore the fact that you’re severely unhinged and discuss my need for a night of teenage normalcy?”
Walter Stratford: “What’s normal? Those damn Dawson’s River kids, sleeping in each other’s beds and whatnot?”
28. Walter Stratford: “Hello, Katarina. Make anyone cry today?”
Katarina Stratford: “Sadly, no. But it’s only 4:30.”
29. Katarina Stratford: “You are amazingly self-assured, has anyone ever told you that?”
Patrick Verona: “I tell myself that every day, actually.”
30. Bianca Stratford: “Where did you come from? Planet ‘Loser?’”
Katarina Stratford: “As opposed to, planet ‘Look At Me, Look At Me?’”
31. Ms. Perky: “People perceive you as somewhat―.”
Katarina Stratford: “Tempestuous?”
Ms. Perky: “‘Heinous bitch’ is the term used most often.”
32. Joey Donner: “Mr. Morgan, is there any chance we could get Kat to take her Midol before she comes to class?”
Mr. Morgan: “Someday, you gonna get bitch-slapped and I’m not gonna do a thing to stop it.”
33. Patrick Verona: “Someone still has her panties in a twist.”
Katarina Stratford: “Don’t, for one minute, think that you had any effect whatsoever on my panties.”
Patrick Verona: “Then what did I have an effect on?”
Katarina Stratford: “Other than my upchuck reflex, nothing.”
10 Things I Hate About You Quotes That Every Parent Can Relate To
34. “Close, but no. She said, ‘I should have listened to my father.’” – Walter Stratford
35. “And I’ll get to sleep at night. The deep slumber of a father whose daughters aren’t out being impregnated.” – Walter Stratford
36. “You know fathers don’t like to admit it when their daughters are capable of running their own lives. It means we’ve become spectators.” – Walter Stratford
37. “You’re 18, you don’t know what you want. And you won’t know what you want ’til you’re 45, and even if you get it, you’ll be too old to use it.” – Walter Stratford
38. “I’ve got news for you. I’m down, I’ve got the 411, and you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy, I don’t care how dope his ride is. Mamma didn’t raise no fool.” – Walter Stratford
39. Walter Stratford: “Hi, where are we going?”
Bianca Stratford: “Well, if you must know―a small study group of friends.”
Walter Stratford: “Otherwise known as an orgy?”
40. Katarina Stratford: “We’re going now.”
Walter Stratford: “Alright, wait a minute. No drinking, no drugs, no kissing, no tattoos, no piercings, no ritual animal slaughters of any kind. Oh, God, I’m giving them ideas.”
Did These 10 Things I Hate About You Quotes Make You Reminisce About Your Teenage Years?
One’s teenage years can be exhilarating for those experiencing it, but it can be a total nightmare for parents. This is especially so since it’s the time when parents allow their children to slowly spread their wings and explore the world on their own. However, our parents know how cruel and harsh the world can be, and they can get overprotective at times.
More than that, this movie is also about falling in and out of love. Yes, being in love is such a fun ride, and we tend to see things through rose-colored glasses. However, there are many chances where we can get hurt in love.
We may end up hating the person we thought we loved so much. But, we must remember that true love is about accepting both the good parts and the parts we dislike about the other. It’s indeed a rollercoaster ride of emotions, but when we find the one, all will be worth it.
May these 10 Things I Hate About You quotes serve as a reminder of your parents’ love for you, as well as the things you have to remember when you fall in love. If ever you forget, don’t fret, as this collection will always be here to guide and support you!
Which of these 10 Things I Hate About You quotes can you relate to? We can’t wait to hear from you in the comments below!