This compilation of Over the Garden Wall quotes will take you on an unforgettable magical adventure of a lifetime.
Over the Garden Wall is a cartoon miniseries made out of 10 short episodes. The episodes follow Grerg and Wirt’s journey in an enchanted and strange forest called The Unknown. As they get lost and try to find their home, they encounter mythical creatures like a talking bird, a village of animated pumpkins, and even a beast!
This animated series is like a fairytale with a hint of darkness, mystery, and mild humor that is a perfect family treat! But, more than that, each episode will show us how the brothers develop a stronger relationship. As they move through the forest, they learn to trust and rely on each other to escape from the spooky woods.
Are you ready to experience the magic? We have the best Over the Garden Wall quotes that will remind you of your favorite scenes from the series, so make sure you don’t miss out!
Start reading here.
Best Over the Garden Wall Quotes
1. “We’re still not any closer to getting home. I just don’t know what I’m doing out here anymore. I don’t know if we’ll ever get back home.” – Wirt
2. “Sometimes I feel like I’m just like a boat upon a winding river, twisting toward an endless black sea. Further and further, drifting away from where I want to be. Who I want to be.” – Wirt
3. “One cannot trade the souls of children as if they were tokens! There has to be another way.” – Woodsman
4. “We need to do our part to make the world a better place.” – Greg
5. “We are but wayward leaves, scattered to the air by an indifferent world.” – Wirt
Over the Garden Wall Greg Quotes
6. “Oh, potatoes and molasses! If you want some, oh just ask us. They’re warm and soft like puppies and socks, filled with cream and candy rocks!” – Greg
7. “Aw, come on! Let’s go, captain! Lead the way! You can do it!” – Greg
8. “Give up? I’ll never give up!” – Greg
9. “Wow, Wirt! You saved the day twice today!” – Greg
10. “Wirt, you can do anything if you set your mind to it.” – Greg
11. “Did you know that dinosaurs had big ears but everyone forgot ’cause dinosaur ears don’t have bones?” – Greg
12. “Aw, beans! Where is that frog o’ mine? Hold on there, second-brother o’ mine! I’ll be back soon for your plan.” – Greg
13. “Kitty! Kitty? Now, where did that frog named ‘Kitty’ go?” – Greg
14. “Now, to find someplace to wait out this rain. As long as it’s not that old, broken-down—.” – Greg
Over the Garden Wall Wirt Quotes
15. “The Beast? We don’t know anything about that! We’re just two lost kids trying to get home!” – Wirt
16. “Augh, you’re not helping at all, why don’t you, go play with your frog or something?” – Wirt
17. “You’re not trying to help me. You just have some weird obsession with keeping this lantern lit. It’s almost like your soul is in this lantern.” – Wirt
18. “No. Though I am lost, my wounded heart resides back home—in pieces—strewn about the graveyard of my lost love.” – Wirt
19. “I don’t know much of anything anymore.” – Wirt
20. “I used them to escape Adelaide, and then—yeah, I was sort of mad at you.” – Wirt
21. “Calm, calm down, mister! Whatever you do here is your business! We just wanna get home with all our legs and arms attached!” – Wirt
22. “I have my own problems to take care of. Here, this one is yours.” – Wirt
23. “No, Greg. A bird’s brain isn’t big enough for cognizant speech.” – Wirt
Over the Garden Quotes That Will Make You Shiver
24. “No. There is only me. There is only my way. There is only the forest, and there is only surrender.” – Beast
25. “You see, Woodsman? All who perish here will become trees for the lantern. Cut them down with your ax. Go! Now!” – Beast
26. “Are you ready to see true darkness?” – Beast
27. “Heh, now let me get this straight: you come to our town, you trample our crops—you interrupt our private engagement—and now you wanna leave?” – Enoch
28. “He stalks, like the night—he sings like the four winds—he is the death of hope!” – Woodsman
29. “One last thing. Beware, the Unknown! Fear the Beast! And leave these woods!” – Woodsman
Deep Over the Garden Wall Quotes to Keep In Mind
30. “Wirt, sometimes you have to face your problems.” – Beatrice
31. “We’re lucky the boy had the plot to best you. Your play could have cost us both.” – Beast
32. “Don’t you care about keeping the lantern lit? Don’t you care about your daughter’s soul?” – Beast
33. “Never mind that, Gregory. You’ve brought me the first two items—a golden comb and a spoon of silver thread.” – Beast
34. “These woods are no place for children!” – Woodsman
35. “And then what are you going to do? Just wander around, this way and that way, through the woods, forevermore?” – Beatrice
36. “It’s a bad omen when a bluebird enters through your door. It’s bad luck!” – The Tavern Keeper
Over the Garden Wall Quotes That Will Take You Back to Your Favorite Scenes
37. Greg: “I was helping old lady Daniels rake some leaves in exchange for candy.”
Wirt: “Greg, it’s Halloween. Candy is free.”
38. “That’s ’cause it’s not true. It’s a rock fact!” – Greg
39. “So it’s some kind of weird cult where they wear vegetable costumes and dance around a big thing. They seem nice enough.” – Wirt
40. Beatrice: “It’s you again. I’m stuck. Help me out of here, and I’ll owe you a favor.”
Greg: “Whoa! I get a wish?”
Beatrice: “No, no, no. Not a wish. I’m not magical. I’ll just do you a good turn.”
41. “I grind the horrid Edelwood trees into oil, to keep this lantern lit.” – Woodsman
42. “Greg, you’re going to get us into trouble again!” – Wirt
43. “Well, sure. Pumpkins can’t move on their own! Can they?” – Pilgrim Pumpkin
44. “I can leave a trail of candy from my pants!” – Greg
45. Kathleen: “Oh, look at you. What are you supposed to be?”
Greg: “It’s an elephant costume. Phbt! See my trunk?”
46. “I wonder if he ate my whole candy trail that led to this mill!” – Greg
47. “Join you? Yeah, no, I’m just—passing through.” – Wirt
Funny Over the Garden Wall Quotes for a Day Full of Laughs
48. Beast: “Did you fetch for me the Golden Comb?”
Greg: “Will that work?”
Beast: “This is a honeycomb.”
Greg: “Golden comb of honey.”
49. “We’re here to burgle your turts!” – Greg
50. “Maybe I’ll start calling you ‘Candy Pants.’” – Wirt
Also read: Funny Quotes
Did These Quotes Awaken the Hope You’re Keeping Inside Your Heart?
Over the Garden Wall has a lot of symbolism hidden in every character of the story. At first glance, it may just be your ordinary cartoon. But, these symbols are relevant to everyone and will surely give us notable lessons about life.
Greg and Wirt’s journey in the Unknown symbolizes our path in life. As we grow old and mature, we tend to encounter many new things, which contributes to the feeling of fear and uncertainty for the future to come. This fear is, then, what the Beast embodies.
Even if we face fear and strange and unpredictable things in life, we should not give up and keep the fire of hope burning. Facing our fears is not an easy task, and it requires a tremendous amount of courage. But, as long as we believe that there’s a bright future ahead of us, it won’t be impossible to overcome anything.
So, be hopeful, look at the positive things, and always strive to live a fulfilling life. Never succumb to fear, for it can turn us into a dying tree—unable to move and enjoy life.
Which of these Over the Garden Wall quotes inspired you to face the challenges you have in life? Can you share with us your favorite quotes from our collection? Let us hear your thoughts by leaving a comment below.