If you’re confused about who or what you should dedicate your time to, read these priorities quotes we’ve collected for you!
There’s a saying that goes, “So many things to do, so little time.” We fill our daily lives with a bunch of things that may or may not really be necessary.
Over time, these slowly pile up and make us think that we’re so busy and that there’s not enough space in our day to do what we want or need to do.
However, it’s all a matter of setting your priorities straight. What are the things you can’t live without? Who are the people that make you happy and whole?
When we can identify the things we need to focus on, we’ll see life in a whole new light. Suddenly, we have so much more time to spend on the things we value.
So, if you need help setting your priorities, then dive deep into our list below.
Best Priorities Quotes
1. “Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions.” – Dallin H. Oaks
2. “Good things happen when you set your priorities straight.” – Scott Caan
3. “The mark of a great man is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones.” – Brandon Sanderson
4. “I learned that we can do anything, but we can’t do everything—at least not at the same time. So think of your priorities, not in terms of what activities you do, but when you do them. Timing is everything.” – Dan Millman
5. “You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, non-apologetically—to say ‘no’ to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger ‘yes’ burning inside. The enemy of the ‘best’ is often the ‘good.’” – Anonymous
Famous Priorities Quotes
6. “Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.” – Stephen Covey
7. “Priorities will tell you everything you need to know about a person.” – Anonymous
8. “If it’s a priority you’ll find a way. If it isn’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
9. “The first step to success is knowing your priorities.” – Aspesh
10. “Your priorities are your character.” – Anonymous
Meaningful Priorities Quotes to Guide You
11. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.” – Bruce Lee
12. “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.” – Criss Jami
13. “Be ambitious. Get things done. Keep your priorities straight, your mind right, and your head up.” – Anonymous
14. “When you have too many top priorities, you effectively have no top priorities.” – Stephen Covey
15. “Nobody’s life is ever all balanced. It’s a conscious decision to choose your priorities every day.” – Elisabeth Hasselbeck
16. “The Principle of Priority states a—you must know the difference between what is urgent and what is important, and b—you must do what’s important first.” – Steven Pressfield
Priorities Quotes to Understand What You Need to Focus On
17. “Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
18. “Our greatest danger in life is in permitting the urgent things to crowd out the important.” – Charles E. Hummel
19. “Let us reflect on what is truly of value in life, what gives meaning to our lives, and set our priorities on the basis of that.” – Dalai Lama
20. “The life you have left is a gift. Cherish it. Enjoy it now, to the fullest. Do what matters, now.” – Leo Babauta
21. “Determine your priorities and focus on them.” – Eileen McDargh
Wise Priorities Quotes That Zoom in on Life
22. “To change your life, you need to change your priorities.” – Mark Twain
23. “What you prioritize defines your life.” – BossBabe
24. “Your priorities aren’t what you say they are. They are revealed by how you live.” – Anonymous
25. “Sometimes things in life happen that allow us to understand our priorities very clearly.” – Mariska Hargitay
26. “Often in life, we forget the things we should remember, and remember the things we should forget.” – Anonymous
27. “Life is short. Focus on what really matters most; you should change your priorities over time.” – Roy T. Bennett
28. “Our life is the sum total of all the decisions we make every day, and those decisions are determined by our priorities.” – Myles Munroe
29. “You just need to make a conscious decision to, each day, become aware anew of your true priorities. Your life does not choose you, but you choose your life.” – Isabelle Fallois
Priorities Quotes for Your Family and Loved Ones
30. “You need to make time for your family no matter what happens in your life.” – Matthew Quick
31. “I’m starting to judge success by the time I have for myself, the time I spend with family and friends. My priorities aren’t amending—they’re shifting.” – Brendan Fraser
32. “Never put your family, friends, or significant other low on your priority list. Prefer a handful of truly close friends to a hundred acquaintances.” – Sam Altman
33. “Family has always been the number one priority no matter what happens anywhere else.” – Gloria Estefan
34. “I have a career, which is important, but my family is the priority. First family, and then career. It’s a delicate balance.” – Jimmy Cliff
Short Priorities Quotes That’ll Get You Back on Track
35. “Action expresses priorities.” – Mahatma Gandhi
36. “Priorities over conveniences.” – Jatain Neha
37. “Your decisions reveal your priorities.” – Jeff Van Gundy
38. “Lack of time is actually lack of priorities.” – Timothy Ferris
39. “We determine our destination by our priorities.” – Keith K. Hilbig
40. “Thinking changes priorities, Priorities change lives.” – Nitin Namdeo
Priorities Quotes to Remind You of What’s Important
41. “There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important thing.” – Brian Tracy
42. “There is no one busy in this world, it’s always about priorities. You will always find time for the things you feel important.” – Nishan Panwar
43. “When you know what’s most important to you, making a decision is quite simple.” – Anthony Robbins
44. “If you continually ask yourself, ‘What’s important now’ then you won’t waste time on the trivial.” – Lou Holtz
Priorities Quotes to Know if You’re Paying Attention to the Right Things
45. “Know what matters most to you and be unwilling to compromise those priorities at almost any price.” – Frank Sonnenberg
46. “The greatest reflection of your priorities is your time. Whatever you say about what matters to you, the true test is where you place your time.” – Nick Crocker
47. “There is no such thing as ‘I do not have the time.’ This is all just a matter of priorities.” – Maciej Aniserowicz
48. “Indeed, how we rank or prioritize our values is deeply important, since this gives direction to our lives. To this end, we want to choose our values wisely.” – Jennifer Wilson Mulnix
49. “The day we recognize we must let go and drop questionable priorities in life, we understand we must accept to follow our inner compass and find harmony with ourselves. Through the flow between buoyancy and acceptance, we can reach a state of awakening and enlightenment.” – Erik Pevernagie
50. “We live in a changing world, but we need to be reminded that the important things have not changed, and the important things will not change if we keep our priorities in proper order.” – S. Truett Cathy
Priorities Quotes That’ll Motivate You to Act
51. “It’s a matter of priorities. Do you want to win, or would you like to sleep? Do you want to win, or would you like to take a day off?” – David Boies
52. “Be aware of your priorities and live by them not rigidly, but mindfully.” – Janet G. Woititz
53. “If you just make every effort to do the right thing, you’ll come out okay. It comes down to priorities and making good decisions.” – Archie Manning
54. “Get organized. Set priorities. Invest your time to get results.” – Manzoor R. Massey
55. “In managing priorities, you can be reactive, adaptive, or proactive.” – Keith Abraham
More Priorities Quotes You Need to Read Today
56. “Wise are those who learn that the bottom line doesn’t always have to be their top priority.” – William Arthur Ward
57. “The things which are most important don’t always scream the loudest.” – Bob Hawke
58. “Learn how to separate the majors and the minors. A lot of people don’t do well simply because they major in minor things.” – Jim Rohn
59. “Instead of saying, ‘I don’t have time’ try saying ‘It’s not a priority,’ and see how that feels.” – Laura Vanderkam
60. “Focus on your priorities before your priorities lose focus on you.” – Sarah Leigh
Have You Set Your Priorities Straight?
The lines between your wants and needs can easily get blurred. Because of this, you might think you don’t have time for the essential things in life. However, simply setting your priorities straight will give you all the time you need in the world.
It can get overwhelming, but identifying the essential things is quite easy. Create a list that highlights your non-negotiables in life—your loved ones, hobbies, work, or whatever it might be. But, don’t stop there; never comprise your list and create an action plan on how you can fully dedicate your time to each and every one.
By being able to set your priorities straight, your purpose in life will be much clearer. At the same time, the road to success will be within reach.
Bookmark this list of priorities quotes to have a guide within reach whenever you feel overwhelmed with what’s going on around you. Take it one step at a time and always keep the most important things—and persons—close to you.
Did these priorities quotes help you identify what to focus on? Which quotes were most relevant to you? Please, comment below.