Ready your wands because these Slytherin quotes will bring the darkness out of you!
The house of Slytherin is one of the most popular houses from the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Wrongly perceived as evil and full of malice, the heart of this house is one of loyalty and determination.
We hope that this collection will enlighten you on the best traits of Slytherin.
There is a lot to learn from this house, as they are the wisest creatures and the most prideful beings.
Let’s get started.
And make sure to read these Draco Malfoy quotes and Harry Potter quotes.
Best Slytherin Quotes
1. “Perhaps, in Slytherin, You’ll make your real friends. These cunning folks use any means to achieve their ends.” – J.K. Rowling
2. “Albus Severus—you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin, and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew.” – Harry Potter
3. “We Slytherins are brave, yes, but not stupid. For instance, given the choice, we will always choose to save our own necks.” – Phineas Nigellus
4. “Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. They built this castle together, far from prying Muggle eyes, for it was an age when magic was feared by common people, and witches and wizards suffered much persecution.” – J.K. Rowling
5. “You could be great, you know, it’s all here in your head, and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that.” – Sorting Hat
6. “The time has come for Slytherin House to decide upon its loyalties.” – Professor McGonagall
7. “By Gryffindor, the bravest were prized far beyond the rest. For Ravenclaw, the cleverest would always be the best. For Hufflepuff, hard workers were most worthy of admission. And power-hungry Slytherin loved those of great ambition.” – J.K. Rowling
8. “Slytherin! There’s a silence. A perfect, profound silence. One that sits low, twists a bit, and has damage within it.” – J.K. Rowling
9. “Whereas Sirius had sought to advertise his diffidence from the rest of the family; Regulus had striven to emphasize the opposite. The Slytherin colors of emerald and silver were everywhere, draping the bead, the walls, and the windows.” – Narrator
10. “Albus Severus, Harry said quietly so that nobody but Ginny could hear, and she was tactful enough to pretend to be waving to Rose, who was now on the train.” – J.K. Rowling
Badass Slytherin Quotes to Celebrate Your Favorite House
11. “For instance, Slytherin took only pure-blood wizards of great cunning, just like him.” – Sorting Hat
12. “He was wearing Professor Quirrell’s turban, which kept talking to him, telling him he must transfer to Slytherin at once because it was his destiny.” – J.K. Rowling
13. “But then, disagreements sprang up between them. A rift began to grow between Slytherin and the others. Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. He disliked taking students of Muggle parentage, believing them to be untrustworthy. After a while, there was a serious argument on the subject between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Slytherin left the school. Professor Binns paused again, pursing his lips, looking like a wrinkled old tortoise.” – J.K. Rowling
14. “Is it true? My daughter—pure-blooded descendant of Salazar Slytherin—hankering after a filthy, dirt-veined Muggle?” – J. K. Rowling
15. “And my name’s Malfoy, Draco Malfoy.” – Draco Malfoy
16. “Why, I was there and so can tell the whole sad, sorry tale, said Slytherin. ‘We’ll teach just those whose ancestry is purest.'” – Sorting Hat
17. “And I gave Malfoy a black eye, and Neville tried to take on Crabbe and Goyle single-handed! He’s still out cold, but Madam Pomfrey says he’ll be all right—talk about showing Slytherin!” – J.K. Rowling
18. “Bold Gryffindor, from wild moor. Fair Ravenclaw, from glen. Sweet Hufflepuff, from valley broad. Shrewd Slytherin, from fen.” – Sorting Hat
19. “Being able to talk to snakes was what Salazar Slytherin was famous for. That’s why the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent.” – Hermione Granger
20. “Slytherin, according to the legend, sealed the Chamber of Secrets. The heir alone would be able to unseal the Chamber of Secrets, unleash the horror within, and use it to purge the school of all who were unworthy to study magic.” – Professor Binns
21. “I, Professor S. Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch field owing to the need to train their new seeker.” – J.K. Rowling
22. “You can speak Parseltongue, Harry. Because Lord Voldemort—who is the last remaining descendant of Salazar Slytherin—can speak Parseltongue. He transferred some of his own powers to you the night he gave you that scar.” – Albus Dumbledore
23. “That is believed to be some sort of monster, which the heir of Slytherin alone can control.” – J.K. Rowling
24. “I always value bravery, but your mother needn’t have died. She was trying to protect you. Now, give me the stone unless you want her to have died in vain.” – Lord Voldemort
25. “Then you will find yourself easy prey for the Dark Lord! Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions.” – Severus Snape
Also read: Severus Snape Quotes, Sirius Black Quotes
Strong Slytherin Quotes That Will Make You Brave
26. “Greatness inspires envy. Envy engenders spite. Spite spawns lies.” – Lord Voldemort
27. “It only put me in Gryffindor because I asked not to go in Slytherin.” – Harry Potter
28. “If he had not forgiven we, who lost faith at that time, he would have very few followers left. ‘He’d have me!” – Bellatrix Lestrange
29. “Better Hufflepuff than Slytherin. There’s not a single witch or wizard who went bad, who wasn’t in Slytherin. You-Know-Who was one.” – Rubeus Hagrid
30. “The four school houses are named after them—Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin.” – Professor Binns
31. “That is just as well, Potter, because you are neither special nor important.” – Severus Snape
32. “She was tough, but nice. She wanted to talk things out with Slytherin even after he’d tried to kill the lot of us. But she wasn’t a pushover. None of them were. They were hardcore. I’ll tell you more tomorrow. How’d you all know I’d gone missing?” – G. Norman Lippert
33. “Better save your own life and join me, or you’ll meet the same end as your parents. They died begging me for mercy.” – Lord Voldemort
34. “But nothing I have seen in the world has supported your pronouncements, that love is more powerful than my kind of magic, Dumbledore.” – Lord Voldemort
35. “Come out, come out, little Harry! What did you come after me for, then? I thought you were here to avenge my dear cousin!” – Bellatrix Lestrange
36. “Tut, tut. Fame clearly isn’t everything.” – Severus Snape
37. “The Dark Lord has, in the past, entrusted me with his most precious.” – Bellatrix Lestrange
38. “Never used an Unforgivable Curse before, have you, boy? You need to mean them, Potter! You need to really want to cause pain—to enjoy it—righteous anger won’t hurt me for long.” – Bellatrix Lestrange
39. “The Dark Arts are many, varied, ever-changing, and eternal. You are fighting that, which is unfixed, mutating, indestructible.” – Severus Snape
40. “But if it matters to you, you’ll be able to choose Gryffindor over Slytherin. The Sorting Hat takes your choice into account. It did for me.” – Harry Potter
Iconic Slytherin Quotes and Lines
41. “My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more children than they can afford.” – Draco Malfoy
42. “I do not wish to criticize the way things have been run at this school, but you have been exposed to some very irresponsible wizards in this class, very irresponsible indeed.” – Dolores Umbridge
43. “It sounded, for a teensy moment, as though you were suggesting that the Ministry of Magic had ordered an attack on this boy!” – Dolores Umbridge
44. “I really think I will have to ban these two from playing Quidditch ever again.” – Dolores Umbridge
45. “Weasley would like a signed photo, Potter. It’d be worth more than his family’s whole house.” – Draco Malfoy
46. “Or, perhaps, you can remember what your mother’s house stank like, Potter, and Weasley’s pigsty reminds you of it.” – Draco Malfoy
47. “Longbottom, if brains were gold, you’d be poorer than a Weasley, and that’s saying something.” – Draco Malfoy
48. “My name is Dolores Umbridge. I am now the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, and Hogwarts High Inquisitor.” – Dolores Umbridge
49. “For were there such friends, anywhere as Slytherin and Gryffindor? Unless, it was the second pair of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?” – Sorting Hat
50. “Fighting them is like fighting a many-headed monster, which, each time a neck is severed, sprouts a head even fiercer and cleverer than before.” – Severus Snape
Quotes That Perfectly Describe Slytherin’s Nature
51. “Well, it may have escaped your notice, but life isn’t fair.” – Severus Snape
52. “Of course, a Slytherin isn’t necessarily evil. But having people think you are, is an advantage. They will not even try to get in your way.” – Anonymous
53. “Cunning, dexterous, or crafty in the use of special resources, as skill or knowledge, or in attaining end.” – Anonymous
54. “If this was Harry Potter, he’d definitely be in Slytherin.” – Shelly Crane
55. “Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.” – Anonymous
56. “I’d rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun.” – Billy Joel
57. “I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn’t.” – Anonymous
58. “Being a Slytherin doesn’t mean we are cowards. Being a Slytherin means we know when to be brave, and when to keep ourselves out of trouble.” – Anonymous
59. “Come what may, nothing can defeat me.” – Anonymous
60. “Dreams indeed are ambition, for the very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream.” – William Shakespeare
More Quotes About Slytherins
61. “I can’t think of you and myself apart. You and I are the same to me.” – Leo Tolstoy
62. “One must command from each what each can perform.” – Antoine De Saint-Exupéry
63. “Autumn is an interesting season, even in the metaphor of life, is a time of decline, of loss, but also intense and haunting beauty. Some places, like some people, never are or have been, as beautiful in their fall.” – Luigina Sgarro
64. “Clever kids in Ravenclaw, evil kids in Slytherin, wannabe heroes in Gryffindor, and everyone who does the actual work in Hufflepuff.” – Eliezer Yudkowsky
65. “For a guy who wore layers upon layers of armor, his give-a-shit was showing.” – Kelly Moran
66. “When a rumor doesn’t go away, it’s not a rumor.” – Elton John
67. “You’re so completely going to be in Slytherin. I’m so completely going to be in Ravenclaw, thank you very much. I only want power so I can get books.” – Eliezer Yudkowsky
68. “If you live in the countryside, you understand that hunting isn’t just for toffs. It’s for the farmers. It’s for everyone’s enjoyment.” – Honeysuckle Weeks
69. “Give me something to go on, here. What kind of black magic are we talking? Elphaba, Wicked Witch of the West-type stuff or Slytherin-type stuff?” – Chloe Neill
70. “Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under it.” – William Shakespeare
Are You From the House of Slytherin?
The sorting ceremony takes place to continue the next generations of the four houses. The houses were named after the greatest witches and wizards and founders of the school
As fans, we have felt connected to Slytherin because of their redeeming qualities. Harry Potter shaped our teenage years because of the fun feeling of belonging to a community.
Harry Potter has been a hit since its release and caused a large impact on mainstream media. It tackled issues of death, loss, and love in an angle that is understandable and heartfelt to any age group.
Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Which Slytherin quote did you like the most? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.