Sometimes, it’s hard to find the silver lining when you’re in the thick of challenges, so read these growth mindset quotes that’ll help you have a more positive outlook on life!
The climb up to success is no easy feat. Each step is riddled with challenges left and right, and sometimes, you’ll feel like there’s no other way but to stop, take a step back, and start all over again.
Most will consider these kinds of instances as failures, but they’re not.
They are actually stepping stones that’ll equip you with better skills to combat the challenges you’ll be facing.
You just have to have a growth mindset that’ll allow you to look at things through a more positive lens.
If you want to understand what having a growth mindset means and how to apply it in life, read through to the end of this collection!
It’s perfect for everyone encountering difficulties in life, as we’re sure the quotes here will motivate you to keep pushing forward.
Best Growth Mindset Quotes
1. “Developing a growth mindset is really a journey. It’s a lifelong journey of monitoring your trigger points and trying to approach things in a more growth mindset way of taking on challenges, sticking to them, and learning from them.” – Carol Dweck
2. “When you’re in a growth mindset, what that means is that you choose to see struggle and challenge as an opportunity for growth and for learning and development.” – Chris Bertram
3. “When you go from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset, a new world of possibilities opens up.” – Imaan Farooq
4. “Individuals who believe their talents can be developed—through hard work, good strategies, and input from others—have a growth mindset. They tend to achieve more than those with a more fixed mindset—those who believe their talents are innate gifts.” – Carol Dweck
5. “What allowed me to take that first step, to choose growth and risk rejection? In the fixed mindset, I needed my blame and bitterness. It made me feel more righteous, powerful, and whole than thinking I was at fault. The growth mindset allowed me to give up the blame and move on. The growth mindset gave me a mother.” – Carol Dweck
Famous Growth Mindset Quotes
6. “For students with the growth mindset, it doesn’t make sense to stop trying.” – Carol Dweck
7. “We ought to relentlessly ignore excuses, especially those we are told by ourselves.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
8. “Because some people see a wall and assume that’s the end of their journey. Others see it and decide that it’s just the beginning.” – Angeline Trevena
9. “You have to apply yourself each day to becoming a little better. By becoming a little better each and every day, over a period of time, you will become a lot better.” – John Wooden
10. “If you are facing a new challenge or being asked to do something that you have never done before, don’t be afraid to step out. You have more capability than you think you do, but you will never see it unless you place a demand on yourself for more.” – Joyce Meyer
Growth Mindset Quotes to Inspire Perseverance
11. “Make sure life is the best story ever written through a journey filled with overcoming obstacles, taking risks, and continuing to develop.” – Catherine Pulsifer
12. “I won’t just have a job; I’ll have a calling. I’ll challenge myself every day. When I get knocked down, I’ll get back up. I may not be the smartest person in the room, but I’ll strive to be the grittiest.” – Angela Duckworth
13. “The best way to treat obstacles is to use them as stepping stones. Laugh at them, tread on them, and let them lead you to something better.” – Enid Blyton
14. “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” – George Whitefield
15. “The remarkable thing I’ve learned from my research is that in the growth mindset, you don’t always need confidence. What I mean is that even when you think you’re not good at something, you can still plunge into it wholeheartedly and stick to it. Actually, sometimes you plunge into something because you’re not good at it.” – Carol Dweck
Growth Mindset Quotes That’ll Lead To Success
16. “Why waste time proving over and over how great you are when you could be getting better? The passion for stretching yourself and sticking to it, even—or especially—when it’s not going well, is the hallmark of the growth mindset. This is the mindset that allows people to thrive during some of the most challenging times in their lives.” – Carol Dweck
17. “You don’t grow through successes; you grow through what you go through.” – Mischaela Elkins
18. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure.” – Thomas Watson
19. “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
20. “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
21. “Failure is so important. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success.” – J.K. Rowling
Short Growth Mindset Quotes
22. “No do, do grow.” – Wesam Fawzi
23. “Changing your mindset is a game-changer.” – Frank Sonnenberg
24. “All things are difficult before they are easy.” – Thomas Fuller
25. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
26. “A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it.” – Ray Davis
27. “There is no failure. Only feedback.” – Robert Allen
28. “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” – Molière
29. “Mistakes aren’t mistakes; they are lessons!” – Israelmore Ayivor
30. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” – Robert H. Schuller
Growth Mindset Quotes for Work
31. “Ask, ‘How will they learn best?’ Not, ‘Can they learn?’” – Jaime Escalante
32. “If you are going through a time of discouragement, there is a time for great personal growth ahead.” – Oswald Chambers
33. “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” – Anonymous
34. “Never underestimate how much training and putting in additional work can make a difference; there’s always room to grow and improve.” – Germany Kent
Also read: Quotes for Work
Growth Mindset Quotes Packed With Insights
35. “Look for the good in every situation, seek the valuable lesson in every setback, look for the solution to every problem. Think and talk continually about your goals.” – Brian Tracy
36. “If parents want to give their children a gift, the best thing they can do is to teach their children to love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort, and keep on learning.” – Carol Dweck
37. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
38. “The hugest pile of challenges and hardships will not hold back a needle of the clock.” – Roy A. Ngansop
Wise Growth Mindset Quotes to Improve Your Perspective
39. “A man who has committed a mistake and doesn’t correct it is committing another mistake.” – Confucius
40. “We find comfort among those who agree with us and growth among those who don’t.” – Frank A. Clark
41. “Test scores and measures of achievement tell you where a student is, but they don’t tell you where a student could end up.” – Carol Dweck
42. “If we only did things that were easy, we wouldn’t actually be learning anything. We’d just be practicing things we already knew.” – David Dockterman
43. “Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not.” – Virgil Garnett Thomson
44. “‘Did I win? Did I lose?’ Those are the wrong questions. The correct question is: ‘Did I make my best effort?’ If so, he says, ‘You may be outscored, but you will never lose.’” – Carol Dweck
Growth Mindset Quotes That Will Change the Way You Approach Things
45. “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
46. “In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” – Drew Barrymore
47. “My dad encouraged us to fail. Growing up, he would ask us what we failed at that week. If we didn’t have something, he would be disappointed. It changed my mindset at an early age that failure is not the outcome; failure is not trying. Don’t be afraid to fail.” – Sara Blakely
48. “You don’t have to have a small fortune to achieve your dreams. You simply must overcome the obstacles that get in your way and be willing to triumph over your fear and take a leap of faith.” – Alicia Garcia
49. “In fact, stories of people of achievement often show that obstacles and struggles are the stepping stones to success.” – Michal Stawicki
50. “When you’re stuck—in one area or in every area—it really is just an inaccurate view of reality you’re dealing with. That place of stickiness isn’t a sign that you’re trapped; it’s a sign that it’s time to make a change.” – Sterling Hawkins
What Kind of Mindset Do You Have When Facing Life’s Challenges?
It’s easy to just give up and change direction when faced with difficulties. On the contrary, the braver thing to do is to stick with challenges and find a way out of the rut. To do the latter, what one needs is a growth mindset.
Having a growth mindset means looking at all things as a way or tool for improvement. This means considering and recognizing one’s missteps as an opportunity for growth, too. After all, you’d only get stronger and more capable by conquering things that lie outside of your comfort zone.
Acquiring a growth mindset won’t be easy. In fact, many people consider it a lifelong journey of constantly adapting to challenges, sticking to them, and learning from them. It’s hard, but in the end, it’s all worth it; you’ll become a much stronger and more capable person after each challenge you face.
So, when life knocks you down pretty hard, remember the quotes in this collection. Don’t be afraid of failure and attain a growth mindset. If you do, everything in life—challenge or not—will become much easier to handle!