Let your true self shine with the help of these Tangled quotes!
Everyone’s familiar with Rapunzel—the title character of Brothers Grimm’s novel published in 1812. It’s such a classic fairy tale we’ve all come to know and love.
Thanks to Disney, we’re given a remake of the story filled with much more color, love, lessons, and music!
Tangled tells the tale of a long-lost princess with long, blonde, and magical locks.
When Rapunzel was born, she was kidnapped by Mother Gothel in an attempt to keep her powers to herself.
With Rapunzel’s hair and the Healing Incantation, she can remain youthful and beautiful forever.
In fear of being found, Mother Gothel kept Rapunzel hidden from the world. But, Rapunzel wanted to be free to explore her dreams and what the outside world had to offer.
She ventured out into the world in search of the floating lights.
Through this journey, she met many people—good guys, bad guys, and family who helped her learn and understand the workings of the world.
She also met Flynn Rider, who turned out to be the love of her life.
Here are some of the best quotes from Tangled that will take you on Rapunzel’s journey. Scroll through to the end and learn some meaningful life lessons with us!
Best Tangled Quotes
1. “Stay calm. It can probably smell fear.” – Flynn Rider
2. “Well, a fake reputation is all a man has.” – Flynn Rider
3. “Go. Live your dream.” – Hook Hand Thug
4. “Find your humanity! Haven’t any of you ever had a dream?” – Rapunzel
5. “This is just part of growing up, a little adventure, a little rebellion.” – Flynn Rider
6. “I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you but may I just say, ‘Hi.’” – Flynn Rider
7. Rapunzel: “I’ve been looking out of a window for 18 years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it’s not everything I dreamed it would be?”
Flynn Rider: “It will be.”
Rapunzel: “And what if it is? What do I do then?”
Flynn Rider: “Well, that’s the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream.”
Famous Tangled Quotes
8. “I have magic hair that glows when I sing.” – Rapunzel
9. “Let’s just assume everyone in here doesn’t like me.” – Flynn Rider
10. “I’ve hidden it—somewhere you’ll never find it.” – Rapunzel
11. “You want me to be the bad guy? Fine. Now I’m the bad guy.” – Mother Gothel
12. “I’m just very interested in your hair and the magical qualities that it possesses.” – Flynn Rider
13. “Okay, okay. Rapunzel, please. Stop with the mumbling. You know how I feel about the mumbling—blah, blah, blah, blah. It’s very annoying.” – Mother Gothel
14. “You were right, mother. You were right about everything.” – Rapunzel
Meaningful Tangled Quotes
15. “The world is dark, and selfish, and cruel. If it finds even the slightest ray of sunshine, it destroys it!” – Mother Gothel
16. “I know I’m safe as long as I’m here.” – Rapunzel
17. “And the thing is, I’m not scared anymore.” – Rapunzel
18. “No. You were wrong about the world, and you were wrong about me, and I will never let you use my hair again!” – Rapunzel
19. “For every minute of the rest of my life, I will fight. I will never stop trying to get away from you!” – Rapunzel
20. “Rapunzel, look in that mirror. You know what I see? I see a strong, confident, beautiful young lady. Oh look, you’re here too!” – Mother Gothel
Romantic Tangled Quotes to Sweep You off Your Feet
21. “All at once, everything is different, now that I see you.” – Flynn Rider and Rapunzel
22. “And for that one moment, everything was perfect—and then that moment ended.” – Flynn Rider
23. “We‘re living happily ever after.” – Rapunzel
24. Flynn Rider: “You were my new dream.”
Rapunzel: “And you were mine.”
Rapunzel Quotes From Tangled
25. “Make the clock reverse. Bring back what once was mine.” – Rapunzel
26. “Who are you, and how did you find me?” – Rapunzel
27. “I want to see the floating lights!” – Rapunzel
28. “Let your power shine.” – Rapunzel
29. “Look at those fireworks. They are as if they are for me.” – Rapunzel
Funny Tangled Quotes
30. “The only thing I want to do with your hair is to get out of it! Literally!” – Flynn Rider
31. “Call us brutal, sick, sadistic, and grotesquely optimistic, but way down deep inside, I’ve got a dream.” – The Thugs
32. “Your dream stinks. I was talking to her.” – Hook Hand Thug
33. “Did I ever tell you I’ve got a thing for brunettes?” – Flynn Rider
34. “No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. This is bad. This is very, very bad. This is really bad. They just can’t get my nose right!” – Flynn Rider
35. Rapunzel: “So, I have made the decision to trust you.”
Flynn Rider: “A horrible decision, really.”
36. Rapunzel: “That’s the funny thing about birthdays, they’re kind of an annual thing.”
Mother Gothel: “No, no, no—can’t be. I distinctly remember, your birthday was last year.”
37. Rapunzel: “Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Fate, destiny—.”
Flynn Rider: “A horse.”
38. Flynn Rider: “Alright, blondie.”
Flynn Rider: “Gesundheit.”
39. Rapunzel: “How did you find me?”
Mother Gothel: “Oh, it was easy, really. I just listened to the sound of complete and utter betrayal and followed that.”
Short Tangled Quotes That Will Forever Be Iconic
40. “Best. Day. Ever!” – Rapunzel
41. “Oh, darling! I’m just teasing.” – Mother Gothel
42. “You broke my smolder!” – Flynn Rider
43. “I can’t believe I did this!” – Rapunzel
44. “I knew they weren’t stars!” – Rapunzel
45. “You are not leaving this tower—ever!” – Mother Gothel
46. “It wasn’t us! It was the old lady!” – The Stabbington Brothers
Also read: Shrek Quotes
Tangled Quotes That’ll Make You Want to Re-Watch the Movie
47. “But the walls of that tower could not hide everything. Each year, on her birthday, the King and Queen release thousands of lanterns into the sky, in hope that one day their lost princess would return.” – Flynn Rider
48. “Is there any chance that I’m going to get super strength in my hand?” – Flynn Rider
49. “I don’t know why, but overall, it just smells like the color brown.” – Flynn Rider
50. “How ya doin’? The name’s Flynn Rider. How’s your day goin’?” – Flynn Rider
Did These Tangled Quotes Push You to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone?
Most, if not all, Disney movies have countless lessons to impart. But, Tangled is one that really touches on the most critical aspects of our lives.
Yes, Tangled talks about love through Rapunzel’s relationship with Flynn Rider. More than that, though, the movie teaches us about being fearless, appreciating the small things, and never giving up.
Rapunzel was cooped up and hidden from the world in the tower, but she dreamed of being free and exploring the world. It takes a lot of courage to go against our parents’ wishes and step into a place that’s completely new and unknown to us. But, that didn’t stop her; instead, she was brave, and she never got discouraged when reaching her dreams.
When she finally escaped, Rapunzel came across many things she hadn’t experienced before. She saw flowing streams, small and fragrant flowers, and the sunshine shining through the clouds and leaves. These are ordinary, everyday things, but it didn’t escape her curious and appreciative heart.
She serves as a reminder that life’s wonders are made up of the smallest things. Rapunzel also reminds us to always continue on the path toward our goals. We’ll meet different people and come across many things that may or may not be good, but they’re all experiences we can learn from, nonetheless.
We hope you were able to see the more profound meaning and lessons behind Tangled through this list. Whenever you miss the characters or their lines, feel free to take another scroll through this collection.
Have you watched Tangled? Which Rapunzel adaptation is your favorite? Comment below.