Jump into the thrill and excitement of treasure hunting through this list of the best The Goonies quotes!
The Goonies is a 1985 hit adventure comedy movie. It is about a group of children who found a hidden treasure map while rummaging through the attic.
This discovery leads them to an exciting journey of finding the lost treasure of the legendary pirate named One-eyed Willy.
Following the map, they encounter a family of criminals who desire the treasure and chase after them.
Their race toward the treasure creates hilarious and thrilling interactions that will undoubtedly excite you.
The Goonies is a movie full of fun, thrill, and action.
But, it’s also something that’ll offer you some life lessons on courage and unbreakable friendship.
So, if you’re a fan of treasure hunting and everything fun, this collection of quotes is for you.
And don’t forget to check out these Indiana Jones quotes and Jurassic Park quotes.
Best The Goonies Quotes
1. “Don’t you realize? The next time you see the sky, it’ll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it’ll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us.” – Mikey
2. “It’s okay, you’re a Goonie, and Goonies always make mistakes. Just don’t make any more.” – Mikey
3. “Goonies never say die!” – Mikey
4. “Bran, God put that rock there for a reason—and I don’t think you should move it.” – Stef
5. “Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn’t come true. So I’m taking it back. I’m taking them all back.” – Mouth
6. “Sorry, Dad, we had our hands on the future, but we gave it up just to save our own lives.” – Mikey
Famous Quotes From The Goonies
7. “Do the truffle shuffle!” – Mouth
8. “You guys, I’m hungry. I know when my stomach growls there’s trouble.” – Chunk
9. Andy: “Do you think there’s really any treasure here?”
Mikey: “Andy, this whole ship is a treasure.”
10. “When they wreck our house, I hope they make it a sand trap.” – Brand
11. “Hi, Willie. Oh, I’m Mike Walsh. You’ve been expecting me, haven’t you? Well, I made it. I beat you. I got here in one piece—so far.” – Mikey
12. “Oh, come on. Come on. Where are you? You are in the clouds and we are in a basement!” – Stef
13. “Yeah, well, I’m not a Goonie. I wanna go home.” – Andy
14. “If I found one-eyed Willy’s rich stuff, I’d pay all my dad’s bills, so maybe he could get to sleep at night.” – Mikey
15. “That’s okay, Daddy. You can’t hug a photograph.” – Data
16. “You know, your voice is kind of nice when your mouth isn’t screwing it up.” – Stef
17. “The only thing we serve here is tongue. You boys like tongue?” – Mama Fratelli
18. “Hey, I’ve got a great idea, you guys! Slick shoes!” – Data
Also read: Famous Quotes
The Goonies Quotes to Reflect On
19. Chunk: “Mikey, Mikey, come on. Our parents are worried. It’s dinnertime. Why don’t we go home?”
Mikey: “Home? What home? In a couple more hours, it ain’t gonna be home anymore. Come on, guys, this is our time. Our last chance to see if there really is any rich stuff. We’ve got to.”
20. “But right now they gotta do what’s right for them, ’cause it’s their time. Their time, up there. Down here it’s our time. It’s our time down here. That’s all over the second we ride up Troy’s bucket.” – Mikey
21. Mikey: “How long have you guys been standing there?”
Brand: “Long enough, Mikey. Long enough.”
22. “I like the dark. I love the dark. But I hate nature. I hate nature!” – Chunk
23. “Honest. We went over to Mikey’s Dad’s place and we found this map that said that underneath this place there’s buried treasure.” – Chunk
Also read: Back to the Future Quotes
Funny The Goonies Quotes
24. “This is ridiculous. It’s crazy. I feel like I’m babysitting, except I’m not getting paid.” – Stef
25. “In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play.” – Chunk
26. “Is this supposed to be water?” – Mama Fratelli
27. “In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog.” – Chunk
28. “I’m gonna hit you so hard that when you wake up your clothes will be out of style!” – Brand
29. “Heh, if you hit the wrong note, we’ll all B flat!” – Mikey
30. “When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out.” – Chunk
31. Elgin: “Is your mommy here?”
Brand: “No, sir. Actually, she’s out at the market buying Pampers for all us kids.”
32. Data: “I’m setting booty traps.”
Stef: “You mean booby traps?”
Data: “That’s what I said! Booby traps! God, these guys.”
33. “I’ve got an idea. Why don’t we just spread chocolate all over the floor and let Chunk eat his way through?” – Mouth
34. “Translation—never go up there. It’s filled with Mr. Walsh’s sexual torture devices.” – Mouth
Also read: Funny Quotes
The Goonies Quotes That’ll Remind You of Some Thrilling Scenes
35. “Trust your dear old mother, boys. Throw ‘er into four-wheel drive and hold onto your hats.” – Mama Fratelli
36. “Watch your hair! Watch your hair! They’re goin’ for the hair!” – Francis
37. “It’s the Fratellis. This way. Come on, we’ve got to move! Let’s go you guys. Don’t fall behind. Let’s move.” – Brand
38. Chunk: “Mikey, Mikey, this ain’t the kind of place you want to go to the bathroom in.”
Mama Fratelli: “Why not?”
Chunk: “Because they might have daddy longlegs and, um, dead things, Mikey. Dead things!”
39. Jake: “Francis, the lock. The lock!”
Francis: “Let go of the handle.”
Jake: “I don’t have the handle! Open the lock!”
Mama Fratelli: “Jake, up! Come on, move it!”
40. Mikey: “Let’s—.”
Andy: “Get out of—.”
Stef: “Like now!”
Also read: Monty Python and the Holy Grail Quotes
Memorable The Goonies Quotes to Enjoy
41. Mikey: “What are you doing? Those tires cost $500. They’re his most favorite thing in the world.”
Mouth: “Now they’re his most flattest thing in the world. Let’s go!”
42. Chunk: “Listen, okay? You guys’ll never believe me. There were two cop cars, okay? And they were chasing this four-wheel deal, this real neat ORV, and there were bullets flying all over the place. It was the most amazing thing I ever saw!”
Mikey: “More amazing than the time Michael Jackson came over to your house to use the bathroom.”
Brand: “More amazing than the time you saved those old people from that nursing home fire, right?”
Mouth: “Yeah, and I bet it was even more amazing than the time you ate your weight in Godfather’s pizza, right?”
Chunk: “Okay, Brand. Michael Jackson didn’t come over to my house to use the bathroom. But his sister did.”
43. “I can’t tell if it’s an A sharp or if it’s a B flat!” – Andy
44. “Hello, Sheriff. I’m at the lighthouse lounge, and I want to report, well, a murder.” – Chunk
45. “Cruising the coast, down in some brews, but no—somebody’s older brother had to go and screw it up—by flunking his driver’s test.” – Clark
46. “Dad! Dad! It’s my marble bag. The Fratellis forgot to check it. I emptied out all of my marbles and put the jewels in. We don’t have to leave the goon docks!” – Mikey
47. “Brandon Walsh! If you don’t bring those kids back, I’m going to commit Harri Krishna!” – Irene
48. Mikey: “What about the loot?”
Brand: “What about our lives?”
49. “See! That’s what I said! You always contradict me. I know what I was saying.” – Mikey
50. “The marijuana goes in the top drawer. The cocaine and speed go in the second drawer. And the heroin goes in the bottom drawer. Always separate the drugs.” – Mouth
51. “But the worst thing I ever done—I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony, and then, then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaa—and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.” – Chunk
Short The Goonies Quotes for Everyone Who Enjoyed Their Adventures
52. “You are my greatest invention.” – Mr. Wang
53. “Shut up about that stuff; my dad’ll fix it.” – Mikey
54. “Okay, you kissed. Now tell.” – Stef
55. “The stupid guys tell me to use the stairs!” – Data
56. “They’ll be no more signing today or ever again!” – Irving
57. “Andy, you Goonie!” – Troy
58. “Hey, mister? Are you hungry? I got a Baby Ruth.” – Chunk
59. “We’re in deep shit now, Francis.” – Jake
60. “Okay, Mouth. I’ve taken all I can stand—and I can’t stand no more!” – Chunk
Did You Learn Anything About Adventure and Friendship From the Collection?
The Goonies is definitely a favorite that we all watch over and over. On the surface, it may only seem like a story of kids going on a treasure hunt, but more than that, it tells the tale of determination and a deep-rooted friendship.
Going into an adventure requires an immense amount of courage and determination. In the movie, the kids face a dilemma about the possible foreclosure of their homes, which fuels their desire to obtain the treasure. Without this driving force, they won’t be determined to go through all those risky situations during their hunt.
Another thing that makes them fearless is the thought of having each other’s backs. As friends, they’re able to trust and rely on one another, helping them solve the puzzles and triumph over their evil pursuers. Together, they are braver, stronger, and smarter.
Indeed, this movie highlights the importance of good friendship and camaraderie. After all, the greatest and most priceless treasure of all are true friends who will be there to support you, no matter what.
Have you watched The Goonies before? What other lessons did you learn from today’s collection? Join our discussion and leave a comment below.