Experience thrill and excitement that would never go extinct through this collection of Jurassic Park quotes.
Jurassic Park is a sci-fi movie franchise that shows us what it’s like to live alongside dinosaurs.
Genius scientists successfully cloned and bred dinosaurs and planned to create an attraction out of them.
But, as the story progresses, they’ll come to see how playing with natural selection will lead to some pretty nasty consequences.
Everything in this movie franchise is awe-inspiring and screams adventure.
Michael Crichton, the author of the book that Jurassic Park was based on, truly was a genius with an extraordinary imagination to create a world where dinosaurs still live.
Indeed, Jurassic Park is one of the best sci-fi movie franchises ever made.
Each scene is a work of art and reveals the evolution of life and nature’s law of survival. So, if you’re looking for the movies’ best quotes, this collection is for you.
Begin reading here.
Best Jurassic Park Quotes
1. “If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us, it’s that life will not be contained.” – Ian Malcolm
2. “All major changes are like death. You can’t see what is on the other side until you get there.” – Ian Malcolm
3. “If you want to leave your name on something, fine, but stop putting it on other people’s headstones.” – Ian Malcolm
4. “What’s so great about discovery? It’s a violent, penetrative act that scars what it explores. What you call discovery, I call the rape of the natural world.” – Ian Malcolm
5. “Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions.” – Alan Grant
6. “Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.” – Ian Malcolm
7. “If I may—um, I’ll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you’re using here, it didn’t require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done, and you took the next step. You didn’t earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don’t take any responsibility for it.” – Ian Malcolm
8. Ian Malcolm: “God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs—.”
Ellie Satler: “Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.”
9. “Don’t you see the danger, John, inherent in what you’re doing here? Genetic power is the most awesome force the planet’s ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that’s found his dad’s gun.” – Ian Malcolm
Famous Jurassic Park Quotes
10. “Welcome to Jurassic Park.” – John Hammond
11. “Ah, now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right?” – Ian Malcolm
12. “She’s learning where she fits on the food chain, and I’m not sure you want her to figure that out.” – Owen Grady
13. “But with this place, I wanted to show them something that wasn’t an illusion. Something that was real, something that they could see and touch. An aim not devoid of merit.” – John Hammond
14. “‘Ooh, ah. That’s how it always starts. But then later, there’s running and screaming.” – Ian Malcolm
15. “God help us, we’re in the hands of engineers.” – Ian Malcolm
16. Alan Grant: “Mr. Hammond, after careful consideration, I’ve decided not to endorse your park.”
John Hammond: “So have I.”
Also read: Famous Quotes
Iconic Jurassic Park Quotes That’ll Stick To Your Mind
17. “Life will find a way.” – Ian Malcolm
18. “You’re well remembered to wash your hands before you eat anything.” – Ian Malcolm
19. “I’m not fearing any man—I may not get there with you.” – Ray Arnold
20. “I bring scientists, you bring the rock star.” – John Hammond
21. “Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.” – Alan Grant
22. “I don’t blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask that they pay for them.” – John Hammond
23. “It’s hardly appropriate to start hurling generalizations.” – Donald Gennaro
24. “You didn’t ask for reality; you asked for more teeth!” – Henry Wu
25. “That’ll be a first—man and dinosaur all die together.” – Ian Malcolm
26. “That is one big pile of shit.” – Ian Malcolm
27. “We’re gonna make a fortune with this place.” – Donald Gennaro
Jurassic Park Quotes That Highlight Dinosaurs’ Characteristics
28. “T-Rex doesn’t want to be fed. He wants to hunt. Can’t just suppress 65 million years of gut instinct.” – Alan Grant
29. Robert Muldoon: “They’re lethal at eight months, and I do mean lethal. I’ve hunted most things that can hunt you, but the way these things move—.”
Alan Grant: “Fast for a biped?”
Robert Muldoon: “Cheetah speed. Fifty, sixty miles an hour if they ever got out into the open, and they’re astonishing jumpers.”
30. “That means they only eat vegetables, but for you, I think they’d make an exception.” – Tim Murphy
Jurassic Park Quotes That Zoom in on Experiments, Ecosystems, and Extinction
31. “Well, the question is, how can you know anything about an extinct ecosystem? And therefore, how could you ever assume that you can control it? I mean, you have plants in this building that are poisonous, you picked them because they look good, but these are aggressive living things that have no idea what century they’re in, and they’ll defend themselves, violently if necessary.” – Ellie Sattler
32. John Hammond: “If I was to create a flock of condors on this island, you wouldn’t have anything to say.”
Ian Malcolm: “No, hold on. This isn’t some species that was obliterated by deforestation, or the building of a dam. Dinosaurs had their shot, and nature selected them for extinction.”
33. “The world has just changed so radically, and we’re all running to catch up. I don’t want to jump to any conclusions but look—dinosaurs and man, two species separated by 65 million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?” – Alan Grant
Short Jurassic Park Quotes to Remember
34. “You think they’ll have that on the tour?” – Ian Malcolm
35. “I can’t get Jurassic Park back online without Dennis Nedry.” – Arnold
36. “Remind me to thank John for a lovely weekend.” – Ian Malcolm
37. “Big Tim, the human piece of toast.” – Alan Grant
38. “What have they got in there, King Kong?” – Ian Malcolm
39. “I hate being right all the time.” – Ian Malcolm
Jurassic Park Quotes That’ll Bring You Back to Their Incredible World
40. “And now I’m sitting here, by myself, talking to myself. That’s chaos theory.” – Ian Malcolm
41. “I don’t think you’re giving us our due credit. Our scientists have done things which nobody’s ever done before.” – John Hammond
42.“Look, we can discuss sexism in survival situations when I get back.” – Ellie Sattler
43. “Oh my God. Do you know what this is? It’s a dinosaur egg. They’re breeding.” – Alan Grant
44. Ellie Sattler: “Should we chance moving him?”
Ian Malcolm: “Please, chance it.”
45. “I’ve been present for the birth of every little creature on this island.” – John Hammond
46. “Gee, the lack of humility before nature that’s being displayed here, uh—staggers me.” – Ian Malcolm
47. “There. Look at this. See? See? I’m right again. Nobody could’ve predicted that Dr. Grant would suddenly, suddenly jump out of a moving vehicle.” – Ian Malcolm
48. “I simply don’t understand this Luddite attitude, especially from a scientist. I mean, how can we stand in the light of discovery, and not act?” – John Hammond
49. “No, no, no. We have no animatronics here. These are the real miracle workers of Jurassic Park.” – John Hammond
50. “Quiet, all of you! They’re approaching the Tyrannosaur paddock.” – Robert Muldoon
Funny Jurassic Park Quotes
51. “Hold onto your butts.” – Ray Arnold
52. Tim Murphy: “What do you call a blind dinosaur?”
Alan Grant: “I don’t know.”
Tim Murphy: “A do-you-think-he-saurus. What do you call a blind dinosaur’s dog?”
Alan Grant: “You got me.”
Tim Murphy: “A do-you-think-he-saurus rex.”
53. John Hammond: “All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!”
Ian Malcolm: “Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don’t eat the tourists.”
54. “But again, how do you know they’re all female? Does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs’ skirts?” – Ian Malcolm
55. Ellie Sattler: “So, what are you thinking?”
Alan Grant: “We’re out of a job.”
Ian Malcolm: “Don’t you mean extinct?”
56. Alan Grant: “You got any kids?”
Ian Malcolm: “Me? Oh, hell yeah, three. I love kids. Anything at all can and does happen. Same with wives, for that matter.”
Alan Grant: “You’re married?”
Ian Malcolm: “Occasionally. Yeah, I’m always on the lookout for a future ex-Mrs. Malcolm.”
More Jurassic Park Quotes for Those Who Read the Book
57. “The planet has survived everything, in its time. It will certainly survive us.” – Michael Crichton, Author
58. “Let’s be clear. The planet is not in jeopardy. We are in jeopardy. We haven’t got the power to destroy the planet—or to save it. But we might have the power to save ourselves.” – Michael Crichton, Author
59.“Nobody is driven by abstractions like ‘seeking truth.” – Michael Crichton, Author
60. “Discovery, they believe, is inevitable. So they just try to do it first.” – Michael Crichton, Author
Have You Ever Imagined Living Alongside Dinosaurs?
Life is nothing without thrill and adventure, and when it comes to science, discovering something new is a dream come true. But, nature has a way of balancing out the world. If we mess with it, then we’d better be ready to face the consequences—just like what our favorite characters from Jurassic Park did.
In Jurassic Park, scientists finally made a breakthrough and brought dinosaurs back to life. But, the force of nature is not to be messed with. After all, ecological balance, once destroyed, can cause severe side effects for all living organisms.
Yes, the way to move forward is to be curious and explore. But, we should never forget to respect life and nature. Do not play with it just for amusement and fun.
With that, we hope this collection of the best quotes from Jurassic Park were able to teach you a thing or two about the world we live in. Feel free to reread this list whenever you need a sneak peek of life with these prehistoric creatures!
Did these quotes make you see life from a deeper perspective? Were we able to bring you back to some of your favorite Jurassic Park scenes? Let us know by leaving a comment below.