We’ve got some of the most meaningful The Weeknd quotes that’ll impact how you perceive life!
Abel Makkonen Tesfaye, famous worldwide as The Weeknd, is a Canadian singer and songwriter. Before becoming the icon he is today, The Weeknd released music to the world under Kin Kane and Noise.
However, later on, he decided to go with the stage name, The Weeknd, as a tribute to a memory he had before his career started. He said it referred to that one weekend when he dropped out of school, took his mattress, left, and never returned.
We’re sure you know many of his hit albums and songs like After Hours, Starboy, and even the hit single, Earned It, which he created for the 2015 movie, Fifty Shades of Grey. The Weeknd has gained recognition and awards since his debut, even winning the Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance.
The Weeknd’s songs have themes of escapism, melancholia, and romance. Yet, what makes him so relevant to many is that his music often reflects his personal experiences.
If this got you curious about The Weeknd, read on. This collection has some of his most meaningful quotes and unforgettable lyrics.
Best The Weeknd Quotes
1. “Happiness exists when you don’t know a thing.”
2. “Push it to the limit; push it through the pain.”
3. “Be loyal to your own peace of mind.”
4. “For a dreamer, night’s the only time of day.”
5. “I mean, in life, what relationship is easy?”
6. “It’s always been in me. I just had to be confident enough to let it out.”
7. “You fall in love with the little things about someone, like the sound of their laughter and the way their smile forms.”
8. “They say they want Heaven; they say they want God. I say I have Heaven, I say I am god.”
9. “Every time you try to forget who I am, I’ll be right there to remind you again.”
The Weeknd Quotes About Love
10. “When I’m faded, I forget; I forget what you mean to me. I hope you know what you mean to me.”
11. “All the misery was necessary when we’re deep in love.”
12. “Don’t you fall in love, don’t make me make you fall in love. Nobody needs to fall in love.”
13. “Well, here comes the sun; you’re in my arms. My denial keeps me on the edge of the chance that you’ll stay through the night.”
14. “You’ve been scared of love and what it did to you.”
15. “So baby, don’t go home. I don’t wanna spend tonight alone.”
16. “It won’t be long before she falls out of love.”
17. “The distance and the time between us, It’ll never change my mind, ’cause baby, I would die for you.”
18. “I realized, I belong to you. I feel the darkness, when I’m away from you.”
19. “I’m finding ways to articulate the feeling I’m going through; I just can’t say I don’t love you ’cause I love you.”
20. “In your heart, we are nothing but strangers in the end. Then I told her I’ve been thinkin’ ’bout her lately, but she told me that to love her is so crazy.”
The Weeknd Quotes About Life
21. “Staying in a hopeless and miserable situation doesn’t make you loyal; it just makes you miserable.”
22. “I’m just tryna live life for the moment.”
23. “If you try to play your luck, ain’t nobody gonna care enough to catch you fall.”
24. “I’m a prisoner to my addiction. I’m addicted to a life that’s so empty and so cold I’m a prisoner to my decisions.”
25. “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.”
26. “Nothing is stopping me from doing what I love to do.”
27. “Once you learn to hit, teach yourself to never miss again.”
The Weeknd Quotes About Success
28. “So you’re somebody now, but what’s somebody in a nobody town?”
29. “The last thing you want is to not be recognized for all of the hard work you put in.”
30. “Look at all that money. The money is the motive.”
31. “I went from starin’ at the same four walls for 21 years. To seein’ the whole world in just 12 months.”
Short The Weeknd Quotes
32. “I ain’t scared of the fall. I’ve felt the ground before.”
33. “Everything I said I’d do, I did. I’m good.”
34. “We’re all insecure, aren’t we?”
35. “I’m always getting high ‘cuz my confidence low.”
36. “When I’m f*cked up, that’s the real me.”
37. “I’m all about evolution. I’m the first person to judge myself.”
The Weeknd Quotes for Instagram
38. “Good girls go to heaven; bad girls go everywhere.”
39. “This the sh*t I live for, with the people I die for.”
40. “He’s what you want. I’m what you need.”
41. “We’ll find our love in the sky.”
Toxic The Weeknd Quotes and Song Lyrics
42. “I’m the drug in your veins; just fight through the pain.”
43. “I chose the life, then I realized she might have been the one; I let her go for a little fun.”
44. “So tell me you love me, only for tonight. Only for one night, even though you don’t love me.”
45. “Baby, I’m a pro at letting go; I love it when they come and go.”
46. “I’m so used to being used. So I love when you call unexpected, ’cause I hate when the moment is expected.”
47. “Baby, you’re no good ’cause they warned me about your type.”
The Weeknd Quotes for a Glimpse into His Personality and Career
48. “I love villains—they’re the best characters in movies, right? The Joker is my favorite villain of all time. You don’t know his past; you just know what his plans are.”
49. “The music I make on this album is definitely matured. It’s a bit of a different state of mind even though it’s the same person. You grow, and you grow, and you don’t know what the next album is going to be about. You never know what I’m going to say.”
50. “But back in 2012, when I was continuing to do that kind of music, people were fed up with it. They were like, ‘This is all he can do?’ I owe it to myself to show the world how versatile I can be because that’s not all I can do. Why can’t I try something that challenges me as an artist?”
51. “When you’re traveling constantly, every day you become inspired, and it shows in my work, sonically, lyrically, visually. Conversations with women with different accents and stories told in those accents. I like to create characters based on different people I’ve met, and relationships. I like to tell stories loosely based on real-life events.”
52. “My favorite critic is a hater, ’cause they don’t give a sh*t about you, and you need that. Never ignore or hide from it.”
Funny The Weeknd Quotes That’ll Make You Smile
53. “I’m sorry I was distracted by my lack of giving a sh*t.”
54. “I don’t care about you; why you worried about me?”
55. “When people meet me, they say that I’m really kind—contrary to a lot of my music.”
What Were Your Initial Thoughts on The Weeknd’s Music?
A lot of people sense darkness and toxicity in The Weeknd’s music. However, if we try to dive deep into them, it’s just his creativity seeping into his personal experiences.
The themes he works with allow him to give his listeners and fans a glimpse of his authenticity, as The Weeknd tries to be as truthful as possible in what he releases. He’s all about showing the world how pushing past the pain can lead you to a more beautiful place.
In one of his quotes, The Weeknd says, “Be loyal to your own peace of mind.” This lesson is so important, especially today in the age of social media.
Many people are trying to put us down—most of them strangers who don’t even know who the real us are. However, we should never let them win over our peace of mind.
You know what’s true, so believe that; never let others’ negativity get into your head. Relationships are complicated, but they are part of life.
Fight for what you believe is fighting for, and let go of those you think are fostering hate and negativity in your life. Remember the lessons you’ve learned from the best The Weeknd quotes and lyrics, and live life fully, authentically, and carefree!