Empower yourself and practice self-love by reading these Lizzo quotes.
Lizzo is an American singer, songwriter, and rapper famous for being a three-time Grammy Award winner. Some of her top hit songs are Good as Hell, Truth Hurts, and Juice, which are incredibly catchy and danceable.
Aside from her impressive vocal range and natural talent in music, Lizzo is loved for her empowering lyrics. She actively advocates for body positivity and self-love. Through her work, she uplifts many people who share the same experiences with her.
These shared experiences are the main foundations of her work. Her music is relatable and speaks to our souls. Because of that, as a listener, you’ll undoubtedly feel as if you have an army to back you up in your struggles.
So, what are you waiting for? Check out the collection of Lizzo quotes that we’ve prepared below. We’re sure you’ll leave feeling a bit lighter and more ready to start loving yourself.
Start reading here.
And don’t miss out these Lil’ Kim Quotes and Megan Thee Stallion quotes.
Best Lizzo Quotes
1. “You are beautiful. You can do anything.”
2. “Give your growth time. It took me 10 years, and I’m still not 100% there.”
3. “Made a decision to enjoy life. No more uncontrollable anxiety. No more fruitless competition.”
4. “I’m really proud of you because life comes at you fast, and sometimes it can be so hard, but if I can make it, I know you can make it. We can make it together.”
5. “If you are confident in yourself and however you want yourself to be presented, and you’re doing well and doing it because you want to do it and not because someone is pressuring you, then more power to you.”
6. “Love yourself. Eat like you love yourself. Drink water like you love yourself.”
7. “I don’t think that loving yourself is a choice. I think that it’s a decision that has to be made for survival. It was, in my case. Loving myself was the result of answering two things: do you want to live? ‘Cause this is who you’re gonna be for the rest of your life. Or are you gonna just have a life of emptiness, self-hatred, and self-loathing? And I chose to live, so I had to accept myself.”
8. “I want you to know that you woke up this morning, and that’s a blessing. I want you to know the sun is shining somewhere, that’s a blessing, and even if it’s raining, it’s cleansing you—it’s a blessing. I want you to know that whatever you’re going through if it doesn’t feel good, that you will feel good again, and you have whatever it takes to feel good again.”
9. “When I have to make decisions, I always choose honesty, and I always stay true to myself because I know at the end of the day, that is what’s going to remain. That is what’s going to be the legend: that I was true to myself and that I honored every person by staying truthful to them.”
Famous Lizzo Quotes
10. “I deserve the spotlight. I deserve the attention. I’m talented. I’m young. I’m hot. You know? And I’ve worked hard. I had to blaze a trail. There was no Lizzo before Lizzo.”
11. “I finally realized that owning up to your vulnerabilities is a form of strength.”
12. “I just took a DNA test. Turns out I’m 100% that bitch.”
13. “If he don’t love you anymore, just walk your fine *ss out the door.”
14. “Why’re men great, till they gotta be great?”
15. “I work on myself daily to be a better person. When I react in a negative way to somebody, I sit back and think about why I did it, so I’m always working on myself, and my music is the same.”
16. “Growing up is acting less childish and being more child-like.”
Also read: Famous Quotes, Encouraging Quotes
Lizzo Quotes on Life
17. “Just about anybody is a big girl in a small world, but you gotta believe it on the inside, that you can be bigger than the rest of it.”
18. “Self-care is in the little moments—bathing, sweating, washing your hair. It’s in laughing so hard you can barely catch a breath, your lungs expanding on a morning jog. Now, more than ever, we need to enjoy the quiet within ourselves.”
19. “The internet isn’t reality. The things people are typing are words in an application you can choose to ignore. Put your phone down, close your eyes, and count to 10. Think about how you can make the world a better place in the real world. We need you out here.”
20. “Boss up and change your life. You can have it all, no sacrifice.”
21. “I’m not the best rapper, but I’m the most successful. I’m not the best looking, but I’m the most beautiful. I don’t got the best love, but I get the most love. Most versus best, you can try to be best forever and never get that recognition. Being the most will have your life filled with the best moments.”
Also read: Quotes to Live By, Positive Quotes
Lizzo Quotes That’ll Teach You to Love Yourself
22. “How can you be in love with someone when you’re not even you?”
23. “True love finally happens when you by yourself.”
24. “Who I am, and the essence of me, and the things that I choose to do as a grown-*ss woman, can inspire you to do the same. They don’t have to be like me. You need to be like you and never ever let somebody stop you or shame you from being yourself. This is who I’ve always been. Now, everyone’s looking at it, and your criticism can just remain your criticism.”
25. “I’m all about body positivity and self-love because I believe that we can save the world if we first save ourselves.”
26. “I have nothing to hide. There’s no shame anymore. I just post myself. It’s like, you take me as I am. You don’t have to love me.”
27. “I just want everyone to remember that if you can love me, you can love yourself. Every single day. If you can love my big, black *ss at this tiny, tiny little desk, you can love yourself.”
28. “I started writing these love songs to myself, and so my music is about love, but it’s self-love. Dudes come and go. They’ll break your heart, unbreak your heart, and I think that I could never break my own heart.”
29. “I’m doing this for myself. I love creating shapes with my body, and I love normalizing the dimples in my butt or the lumps in my thighs or my back fat, or my stretch marks. I love normalizing my black-*ss elbows. I think it’s beautiful.”
30. “Every time I rap about being a big girl in a small world, it’s doing a couple things: it’s empowering my self-awareness, and my body image, and it’s also making the statement that we are all bigger than this. We’re a part of something bigger than this, and we should live in each moment knowing that.”
31. “You know how long it took me to fall in love with this body? My butt was my least favorite thing about myself. And I learned to love it. And now, it’s the thing everybody can’t stop talking about. Be you. Do you. Don’t let anybody steal your joy.”
32. “Fat does not equal ugly. Love yourself. Dance and move your body like you love yourself. Next time someone calls you fat, remember you’ve got fat in your body just like them, and having fat is beautiful.”
Also read: Doja Cat Quotes
Lizzo Quotes to Help You Practice Body Positivity
33. “Everyone looks to an artist for something more than just the music, and that message of being comfortable in my own skin is number one for me.”
34. “Dress for your body type. Some people are blessed enough to be able to throw on something that Beyoncé wears, and it looks amazing. If I try to go against the grain and wear something that my body doesn’t like, it’s going to show.”
35. “I’m tired of the bullshit, and I don’t have to know your story to know that you’re tired of the bullshit too. It’s so hard trying to love yourself in a world that doesn’t love you back, am I right? So I just want to take this opportunity to feel good as hell because you deserve to feel good as hell. We deserve to feel good as hell.”
36. “It’s unfair for us to assume that people know how to love themselves. Corporations have spent decades telling people they weren’t good enough and selling them an ideal of beauty. All of a sudden, you’re selling them self-love? People don’t know how to love themselves because they were trying to look like the motherf*cker you were selling them!”
37. “It’s like, you’re not gonna wake up and be bigger or smaller or lighter or darker. Your hair’s not gonna suddenly grow down past your knees. You’re going to look this way for the rest of your life, you have to be okay with that.”
38. “Even when body positivity is over, it’s not like I’m going to be a thin White woman. I’m going to be Black and fat. That’s just hopping on a trend and expecting people to blindly love themselves. That’s fake love. I’m trying to figure out how to actually live it.”
39. “When we’re on stage doing a song about positive body image or another about female empowerment, everyone out there is super into it and right there with us. It’s been awesome. I feel like we fit right in.”
Also read: SZA Quotes, Jhene Aiko Quotes
Lizzo Quotes That Celebrate Racial Diversity
40. “My movement is for everybody. My movement celebrates diversity. It’s all about inclusion. It’s all about getting our flowers and giving each person their own space to be an individual and speak up for that individuality.”
41. “I didn’t have enough women to look up to and they weren’t given enough space in the industry to carve out a lane for big girls that are brown and Black and want to sing and dance without getting sh*t talked and body shamed. I’m out here and I set my mind to it. I want to be a sex symbol and music goddess and I’m out here trying to make that happen for myself. I’m here for the fantasy but I want to be a part of that fantasy. I’m just as fine as those girls.”
42. “The fight still isn’t people of color versus White. It’s the people versus the system built to keep us down. That’s the first line of the Constitution, and the system is manmade but is made of no man. Everyone, regardless of class, creed, culture, and ethnicity, can fight the system and help to break it down.”
Also read: Missy Elliott Quotes
Lizzo Quotes That Will Always Be Catchy
43. “If I’m shining, everybody gonna shine. I was born like this. Don’t even gotta try.”
44. “I know I’m a queen, but I don’t need no crown.”
45. “Woo girl, need to kick off your shoes. Got to take a deep breath. Time to focus on you.”
46. “I’m like chardonnay, get better over time.”
47. “No, I’m not a snack at all. Look, baby, I’m the whole damn meal.”
48. “I get flowers every Sunday. I’mma marry me one day.”
Lizzo Quotes About Love
49. “Love me or hate me. Ooh, I ain’t changing, and I don’t give a f*ck, no.”
50. “I swore you’d never see this side, but it’s so hard to say goodbye. I don’t need to apologize. Us big girls gotta cry.”
51. “He better know my worth. There’s so much that I deserve.”
52. “Who told you that you stood a chance with this royalty? You’re so sweet. Bless your heart. Can’t let a pretty face distract me from business.”
Short Lizzo Quotes to Empower You
53. “Got me. It’s the only thing I’ll ever need.”
54. “Don’t worry about the small things. I know I can do all things.”
55. “Got nothing to prove, but I’mma show you how I do.”
Other Lizzo Quotes for People Who Listen to Her Music
56. “You know what I want, above all things? I want people who are aware of my music right now to believe in change.”
57. “I made a decision to be myself because I knew I had no choice. Sometimes, the label ‘unapologetic’ bothers me because it can be loaded because it means we have to apologize for something in the first place. I’m not ignorant to the fact that we had to have a demeanor of lowering ourselves culturally just to exist. But I’m trying to shake up the narrative about how we’re supposed to act.”
58. “I’m so much more than brave because I actually present that. I have a whole career. It’s not a trend.”
59. “I was so moved by music that I wanted to create it as well, but once you decide that’s what you want to do with your life, to be successful, you have to be business-minded too.”
60. “I feel like I’ve started to create my own culture of being a voice for something, and that’s what people want to know about. I love that because I am a woman and because I rap, and I look the way I look, I can connect with the demographic of people who feel like they have a voice in me.”
Did Lizzo and Her Quotes Inspire You to Practice Self-Love?
Everyone knows that we all have unique bodies, talents, and capabilities. But, it doesn’t mean that we never compare ourselves with other people, especially in the digital age.
Media has affected us so much that we try to follow trends. Sadly, there are times when it reaches the point of unconsciously hating ourselves.
The spread of this mindset does not help us practice self-love, which is an essential part of living a healthy life. Like Lizzo, we must embody the beauty we have and be proud and confident with who we really are.
Our collection clearly shows that Lizzo campaigns for body positivity and self-love. Hopefully, reading her quotes was able to empower you and inspire you to embrace your whole self. Love comes from within, so make sure to practice self-love every day!