Experience a nostalgic throwback to your teenage years with this collection of The Breakfast Club quotes.
The Breakfast Club is a teen comedy-drama movie written, produced, and directed by John Hughes. It follows the story of five troubled teenagers who are gathered for detention.
Each of them came from a different clique and is interestingly unique from one another.
At the start of detention, the students were asked to write an essay elaborating how they saw themselves. With this, they started to open up about themselves and evaluate who they are as a person.
This movie became so iconic as it showed what could happen if teenagers with entirely different personalities were grouped together.
Through their experiences, conversations, and interactions, we’re given a reminder of what life was like when we were younger.
If you haven’t watched the movie yet, read on to see how The Breakfast Club was formed!
Best The Breakfast Club Quotes
1. “You do everything everyone tells you to, and that is the problem.” – Allison
2. “I see me, and I don’t like what I see, I really don’t.” – Brian
3. “Don’t mess with the bull, young man. You’ll get the horns.” – Richard
4. “I don’t have to run away and live in the street. I can run away and go to the ocean, I can go to the country, I can go to the mountains.” – Allison
5. “I could disappear forever and it wouldn’t make any difference.” – Andrew
6. “Screws fall out all the time. The world’s an imperfect place.” – John
7. “We’re all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it; that’s all.” – Andrew
8. Brian: “Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you’re crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us—in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain—.”
Andrew: “And an athlete—.”
Allison: “And a basket case—.”
Claire: “A princess—.”
John: “And a criminal—.”
Brian: “Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club.”
Iconic The Breakfast Club Quotes to Remember
9. “I’m not a winner because I want to be one. I’m a winner because I’ve got strength and speed—kinda like a racehorse. It’s about how involved I am in what’s happening to me.” – Andrew
10. “Without lamps, there’d be no light.” – John
11. “Two hits. Me hitting you. You hitting the floor.” – Andrew
12. “The next time I have to come in here I’m crackin’ skulls.” – Richard
13. “Well, I don’t know any lepers either, but I’m not gonna run out and join one of their f*cking clubs.” – John
14. “You wanna know what I did to get in here? Nothing—I didn’t have anything better to do.” – Allison
15. “Being bad feels pretty good, huh?” – John
16. “Do you know how popular I am? I am so popular. Everybody loves me so much at this school.” – Claire
17. “You ask me one more question and I’m beating the sh*t out of you.” – Andrew
18. “God! You’re so pathetic. Don’t you ever, ever compare yourself to me, okay. You got everything, and I got sh*t. F*ckin’ Repunzel, right? School would probably, f*ckin’ shut down if you didn’t show up. Queenie isn’t here. I like those earrings, Claire.” – John
19. “Could you describe the ruckus, sir?” – Brian
The Breakfast Club Quotes That Will Touch Your Heart
20. “I have just as many feelings as you do and it hurts so much when someone steps all over them.” – Claire
21. Claire: “What’s wrong with you? Why don’t you like yourself?”
Brian: “’Cause I’m stupid—’cause I’m failing shop!”
22. “I hate it. I hate having to go along with everything my friends say.” – Claire
23. Allison: “When you grow up, your heart dies.”
John: “Who cares?”
Allison: “I do.”
24. Claire: “You know, you look a lot better without all that black sh*t under your eyes.”
Allison: “Hey, I like all that black sh*t. Why are you being so nice to me?”
Claire: “Because you’re letting me.”
The Breakfast Club Quotes to Think About
25. “It is now 7:06. You have exactly 8 hours and 54 minutes to think about why you are here—to ponder the error of your ways.” – Richard
26. “My God, are we gonna be like our parents?” – Andrew
27. “You ought to spend a little more trying to do something with yourself and a little less trying to impress people.” – Richard
28. “Did you know without trigonometry, there’d be no engineering?” – Brian
29. “Well, if you say you haven’t, you’re a prude. If you say you have, you’re a sl*t. It’s a trap. You want to but you can’t and when you do, you wish you didn’t, right? – Allison
30. John: “Hey, Sporto! Do you get along with your parents?”
Andrew: “If I say yes, then I’m an idiot, right?”
John: “You’re an idiot anyway! But if you say that you get along with your parents, then you’re a liar too.”
31. Claire: “You know why guys like you knock everything?”
John: “Oh, this should be stunning.”
Claire: “It’s because you’re afraid.”
32. “Well, everyone’s home lives are unsatisfying—if it wasn’t, people would live with their parents forever.” – Andrew
The Breakfast Club Quotes That’ll Transport You Back to Some Great Scenes
33. Andrew: “Why do you have to insult everybody?”
John: “I’m being honest, *sshole. I would expect you to know the difference.”
34. “You think he’s funny? You think this is cute? You go visit John Bender in five years. You’ll see how g*dd*mn*d funny he is.” – Richard
35. Brian: “You know, there’s not supposed to be any monkey business.”
John: “Young man, have you finished your paper?.”
36. John: “Remember how you said your parents use you to get back at each other?”
John: “Wouldn’t I be outstanding in that capacity?”
37. Andrew: “Why do you need a fake ID?”
Brian: “To vote.”
38. Claire: “Claire. It’s a family name.”
John: “Oh, it’s a fat girl’s name.”
39. Brian: “I’m a freaking idiot because I can’t make a lamp?”
John: “No. You’re a genius because you can’t make a lamp.”
40. “So you just stick to the things you know. Shopping, nail polish, your father’s BMW, and your poor, rich, drunk mother in the Caribbean!” – John
41. Andrew: “If I lose my temper, you’re totaled, man.”
42. Andrew: “Speak for yourself.”
John: “You really think I’d speak for you? I don’t even know your language!”
43. John: “Well I’m free the Saturday after that. Beyond that, I’m going to have to check my calendar.”
Richard: “Good, cause it’s going to be filled. We’ll keep going. You want another one? Just say the word, say it. Instead of going to prison, you’ll come here. Are you through?”
44. “What do you say we close that door. We can’t have any kind of party with Vernon checking us out every few seconds.” – John
Hilarious The Breakfast Club Quotes for a Day Full of Giggles
45. Richard: “Any questions?”
John: “Yeah, I got a question. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?”
46. Richard: “What if your home, your family—What if your dope was on fire?”
John: “Impossible, sir. It’s in Johnson’s underwear.”
47. “You’re not fooling anyone, Bender. The next screw that falls out will be you.” – Richard
48. John: “Sushi?”
Claire: “Rice, raw fish, and seaweed.”
John: “You won’t accept a guy’s tongue in your mouth, and you’re going to eat that?”
Claire: “Can I eat?”
John: “I don’t know. Give it a try.”
49. “I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need is a lobotomy and some tights.” – John
50. “Well, Brian, this is a very nutritious lunch. All the food groups are represented. Did your mom marry Mr. Rogers?” – John
Did You Discover More About Yourself Through This List?
High school is the most memorable part of our lives. During this period, we begin to notice changes in ourselves as a part of growing up. These self-realizations are represented well in the movie, The Breakfast Club.
We all have insecurities that keep us from obtaining good opportunities in life. But, understand that we need to embrace ourselves entirely and accept that nobody’s perfect so that we can truly move forward. Stay bold and be proud; transform your weakness and make it your strength!
Once you’re able to accept yourself fully, it will be easier for you to know which areas you need to improve on. Judgment from other people will not affect you because you know yourself better than them. This is a lesson that’s beautifully depicted in The Breakfast Club when the members define themselves savagely in their essay for Mr. Richard.
So, be true to yourself and don’t let other people define who you are. Instead, let’s do our best to enhance ourselves and rise through the prejudices that life brings. Keep this collection handy whenever you need a reminder or a little push!
Did these quotes make you see yourself in a new light? Which of these quotes resonated with you the most? Join the discussion below.