These loyalty quotes will help shape you into the best person you can be, for yourself, your family and friends, and your life partner.
Loyalty, though closely tied to the feelings of love, is entirely different.
To be loyal is to have someone’s best interests at heart, be their ally in the ups and downs of life, and stand firm in the face of temptation, struggles, and challenges.
Unfortunately, though love and friendship may come easy on the surface, loyalty doesn’t come that naturally. One must actively decide to be loyal.
By doing so, we can let other people close to us understand that they are precious, loved, and appreciated.
So, if you need some tips and advice on loyalty, this collection will perfectly fit the bill.
We’ve covered different aspects of the topic in this list—from friendship, relationships, and more. Don’t miss out and read through to the end!
Best Loyalty Quotes
1. “Loyalty is from above, betrayal is from below.” – Bob Sorge
2. “Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable, than loyalty.” – Cicero
3. “The only true test of loyalty is fidelity in the face of ruin and despair.” – Eric Felten
4. “Loyalty is the pledge of truth to oneself and others.” – Ada Velez-Boardley
5. “Loyalty is a characteristic trait. Those who have it, give it free of charge.” – Ellen J. Barrier
6. “Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice.” – Woodrow T. Wilson
7. “Loyalty is what makes us trust. Trust is what makes us stay. Staying is what makes us love, and love is what gives us hope.” – Glenn van Dekken
8. “There is one element that is worth its weight in gold and that is loyalty. It will cover a multitude of weaknesses.” – Philip Armour
9. “Loyalty is something you give regardless of what you get back, and in giving loyalty, you’re getting more loyalty; and out of loyalty flow other great qualities.” – Charles Jones
10. “If loyalty is, and always has been, perceived as obsolete, why do we continue to praise it? Because loyalty is essential to the most basic things that make life livable. Without loyalty, there can be no love. Without loyalty, there can be no family. Without loyalty, there can be no friendship. Without loyalty, there can be no commitment to community or country. And without those things, there can be no society.” – Eric Felten
Famous Loyalty Quotes
11. “Loyalty isn’t gray. It’s black and white. You’re either loyal completely, or not loyal at all.” – Sharnay
12. “My whole thing is loyalty. Loyalty over royalty; word is bond.” – Fetty Wap
13. “You cannot buy loyalty; you cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things.” – Clarence Francis
14. “Unless you can find some sort of loyalty, you cannot find unity and peace in your active living.” – Josiah Royce
15. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other.” – Anonymous
16. “Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it.” – Mark Twain
17. “I’ll take 50% efficiency to get 100% loyalty.” – Samuel Goldwin
18. “Loyalty that is bought with money may be overcome by money.” – Seneca
19. “If put to the pinch, an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.” – Elbert Hubbard
20. “Leadership is a two-way street, loyalty up and loyalty down.” – Grace Murray Hopper
Great Loyalty Quotes to Live By
21. “Don’t let your loyalty become slavery. If they don’t appreciate what you bring to the table, let them eat alone.” – Anonymous
22. “Be loyal to those who are not present. In doing so, you build the trust of those who are present.” – Stephen Covey
23. “Repeat business or behavior can be bribed. Loyalty has to be earned.” – Janet Robinson
24. “You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
25. “Loyalty is a 24-hour proposition, 24/7. It’s not a part-time job.” – Jonathan Moyo
26. “Loyalty is my motto. When I give my word, you can trust me.” – Philippa Gregory
27. “Loyalty is a continuous phenomenon, you don’t score points for past actions.” – Natasha Pulley
Loyalty Quotes for Friends
28. “The whole point of loyalty was not to change—stick with those who stuck with you.” – Larry McMurtry
29. “Loyalty is what we seek in friendship.” – Cicero
30. “Unlike the puerile loyalty to a conviction, loyalty to a friend is a virtue—perhaps the only virtue, the last remaining one.” – Milan Kundera
31. “Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I’ve ever thought I’d have.” – Ernie Banks
32. “When people show loyalty to you, you take care of those who are with you. It’s how it goes with everything. If you have a small circle of friends, and one of those friends doesn’t stay loyal to you, they don’t stay your friend for very long.” – John Cena
33. “There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.” – Jennifer Aniston
34. “I think a good friend, to me, is all about trust and loyalty. You don’t ever want to second-guess whether you can tell your friend something.” – Lauren Conrad
35. “Be loyal and trustworthy. Do not befriend anyone who is lower than yourself in this regard.” – Confucius
36. “You cannot get me to be disloyal to a friend. You just can’t do it. Loyalty is a part of what I live by. I didn’t say I was going to be loyal to my friend because he was right. I’m going to be loyal to my friend because he’s my friend.” – Jim Brown
37. “The only people I owe my loyalty to are those who never made me question theirs.” – Anonymous
Also read: Friendship Quotes
Loyalty Quotes for Relationships
38. “Loyalty is the strongest glue which makes a relationship last for a lifetime.” – Mario Puzo
39. “You give loyalty, you’ll get it back. You give love, you’ll get it back.” – Tommy Lasorda
40. “One of the things that makes me who I am is the loyalty I have to people I hold close to my heart.” – Simone Elkeles
41. “I learned the real meaning of love. Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades.” – Sylvester Stallone
42. “Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.” – Morihei Ueshiba
43. “When you get married, your loyalty, first and foremost, is to your spouse, and to the family that you create together.” – Phil McGraw
44. “I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me—they, and the love and loyalty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.” – Veronica Roth
45. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing, and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” – Ann Landers
46. “When you see couples in long-term relationships and you see them go through good times and bad times, you realize it’s about being committed enough and loving your partner enough to hang in there regardless.” – Candace Cameron Bure
47. “I believe in love, and I have no trouble with commitment or loyalty; that’s never been a problem for me.” – Liberty Ross
48. “Loyal companions are an unequaled grace, stanching fear before it bleeds you numb, a reliable antidote for creeping despair.” – Dean Koontz
49. “We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” – Cornel West
Loyalty Quotes for Him and Her
50. “A woman’s loyalty is tested when her man has nothing. A man’s loyalty is tested when he has everything.” – Anonymous
51. “What makes a woman beautiful is her loyalty to and her friendships with other women, and her honesty with men.” – Vanessa Marcil
52. “If you cheat on a girl that’s willing to do anything for you, you actually cheated yourself out of true loyalty.” – Anonymous
53. “Those who don’t know the value of loyalty can never appreciate the cost of betrayal.” – Anonymous
54. “I used to advertise my loyalty and I don’t believe there is a single person I loved that I didn’t eventually betray.” – Albert Camus
55. “Loyalty means I am down with you whether you are wrong or right, but I will tell you when you are wrong and help you get it right.” – Anonymous
56. “People don’t understand loyalty in this generation—too many temporary friendships and relationships.” – Anonymous
Short Loyalty Quotes
57. “Love and loyalty run deeper than blood.” – Richelle Mead
58. “Loyalty is rare. If you find it, keep it.” – Anonymous
59. “Where there is loyalty, weapons are of no use.” – Paulo Coelho
60. “Loyalty to an unjust cause is a perversion of honor.” – Anonymous
61. “Without loyalty, you won’t accomplish anything.” – NBA YoungBoy
62. “Loyalty is a decision, a resolution of the soul.” – Pascal Mercier
Insightful Loyalty Quotes That You Can Learn From
63. “Loyalty cannot be blueprinted. It cannot be produced on an assembly line. In fact, it cannot be manufactured at all, for its origin is the human heart-the center of self-respect and human dignity. It is a force which leaps into being only when conditions are exactly right for it-and it is a force very sensitive to betrayal.” – Maurice R. Franks
64. “Some people aren’t loyal to you. They are loyal to their need of you. Once their needs change, so does their loyalty.” – Anonymous
65. “Loyalty is still the same, whether it wins or loses the game; true as a dial to the sun, although it be not shined upon.” – Samuel Butler
66. “Total loyalty is possible only when fidelity is emptied of all concrete content, from which changes of mind might naturally arise.” – Hannah Arendt
More Loyalty Quotes to Read When You Need Advice
67. “When you’re part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad because they’d do the same for you.” – Yogi Berra
68. “Loyalty will not permit envy, hate, and uncharitableness to creep into our public thinking.” – Bainbridge Colby
69. “So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.” – Haniel Long
70. “As I’m getting older, I’m really learning unconditional love and loyalty are extremely important.” – Bindi Irwin
Do You Believe That Life Will Be More Fulfilling if You Have Loyal People Beside You?
When we think of loyalty, our mind almost immediately thinks of devotion, commitment, and faithfulness. This is because being loyal means being devoted and committed to your relationship. More than that, it means being an ally, whatever challenge may come.
Though we usually think of romantic relationships when discussing this topic, it’s worth noting that loyalty is something that applies to all aspects of our lives. One of those is friendship. In our world that’s full of hate, anger, and betrayal, it’s tough to find a friend with whom we can trust our lives and most profound truths.
So, if you’ve found someone loyal to you, make sure you stick by them. Never, under any circumstance, break their trust.
Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable and accepting of your true self. After all, only when you live life authentically will you find people who will accept you for who you are—no questions asked. This is how we find people who are genuinely and unwaveringly loyal to us.
There may be a lot of challenges ahead of you. But hopefully, these loyalty quotes were able to give you some guiding light on how to find people who can help you live life happily, meaningfully, and optimistically.
Do you have friends and loved ones who will never leave your side, come what may? Which quotes are your favorites? Share them below.