Reexamine the lives of your favorite bikers as you go through these Sons of Anarchy quotes!
Sons of Anarchy is an action-packed series that tackles the brutal life that SAMCRO members go through. It may not be for everyone, but each viewer will definitely learn from the characters.
Jax Teller, the main character of the series, was involved in illegal activities and made many bad choices in life. These, in turn, made him different from the usual protagonist we’re used to. This flawed anti-hero vibe aroused curiosity and gained more avid viewers to the series.
Though he and the other characters lived an uncommon life, one thing remains true: family is everything. We’re sure every line and scene of this exciting series will teach you about life, love, family, and brotherhood, too!
So, if you’re curious about the series, make sure you read through our complete list below. Get ready to be taken on the ride of your life.
Begin reading here.
Best Sons of Anarchy Quotes
1. “Anger clouds judgment and it makes us do things that we end up regretting. Things we can never take back.” – Hale
2. “Every time I think maybe I’m heading in the right direction, I end up in a place I never even knew could feel this bad.” – Jax
3. “There is an old saying: ‘That which doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.’ I don’t believe that. I think the things that try to kill you make you angry and sad. Strength comes from the good things: your family, your friends, the satisfaction of hard work. Those are the things that will keep you whole. Those are the things to hold onto when you are broken.” – Jax
4. “I’m sorry that the family I was given has created such chaos in the family I’ve chosen. I hope you know I love you all very much.” – Jax
5. “We can’t allow our hearts to be louder than our reason.” – Chibs
6. “We don’t know who we are until we’re connected to someone else. We’re just better human beings when with the person we’re supposed to be with. I wasn’t supposed to leave—I belong here.” – Tara
7. “Every day is a new box, boys. You open it, you take a look at what’s inside. You’re the one who determines if it’s a gift—or a coffin.” – Jax
8. “Don’t go setting fires where there’s nothing to burn.” – Clay Morrow
Motivational Sons of Anarchy Quotes
9. “Not my place to judge. We all fall down. It’s about how we get up.” – Gemma
10. “You keep saying you want to change things, but you keep repeating old behavior. You can’t have it both ways.” – Tara
11. “Figure out what’s important to you. Know yourselves—know what’s in your heart—and know what’s right. Don’t be swayed by fear or history or the opinions of outsiders. Find your own truth. It will lead you to the things you love.” – Jax
12. “There will be days when you’re forced to make decisions that affect the lives of everyone you love, choices that will change you forever. You reach an age where you realize that being a man isn’t about respect or strength, it’s about being aware of all the things you touch.” – Jax
13. “Trophies should be earned. Teaching children that everyone’s equal is a dangerous philosophy.” – Weston
Sons of Anarchy Quotes That’ll Open Your Eyes to the Realities of Life
14. “That’s a natural reaction. The desire for revenge, it’s a part of grieving. The difference is in my world, I knew that those violent desires would never become real. In yours, it’s a very likely outcome.” – Patterson
15. “I just pulled my six-year-old out of T-ball, ‘cause I found out they’re giving trophies to every boy on every team for simply playing the game. – Weston
16. “My grief and introspection terrify them—drives Gemma mad. Clay’s pity has moved into profound loathing. I see my best friend and my wife growing closer and closer. I have no jealousy, truly. I feel nothing. Not even fear, and I know I should be afraid.” – John
17. “It’s hard not to hate. People, things, institutions. When they break your spirit and take pleasure in watching you bleed—hate is the only feeling that makes sense. But I know what hate does to a man. Tears him apart. Turns him into something he’s not. Something he promised himself he’d never become.” – Jax
18. “I feel like my life has taken a turn. I’m heading down a road I’ve never been on before. Nothing is familiar. The signs don’t make sense. Do I get off the road, or do I keep riding? The people that I see aren’t the people I know. Do I go alone or take others with me? Who do I trust and who do I not? I now understand why being a leader requires isolation.” – Jax
19. “Sometimes I forget the rush of that. That’s why I love these long runs. All your problems, all the noise, gone. Nothing else to worry about except what’s right in front of you. Maybe that’s the lesson for me today, to hold on to these simple moments. Appreciate them a little more—there’s not many of them left.” – Jax
20. “Benefit of an end date: Nothing more dangerous than a guy who knows he’s already dead.” – Clay
21. “Everything caves under the weight of greed. I’ve seen it my whole life. Nothing stays simple.” – Elliot
Also read: Quotes to Live By
Sons of Anarchy Quotes to Highlight the Power of Love
22. “If you gave a shit about Tara maybe you’d spend a little less time being a thug and a little more time being a dad.” – Wayne
23. “I promise, always, to cherish and protect you—and treat you as good as my leather and ride you as much as my Harley.” – Opie
24. “I’m protecting the innocent. If I step on a few toes in the meanwhile, so be it.” – Gemma
25. “Today I will be the man my father tried to be. I will make you proud.” – Jax
26. “Dear God, thank you for saving this boy—from his murderous junkie mom.” – Gemma
27. “Anything happens to my grandson, anything, I promise you I’m gonna shove a gun barrel up that bony ass of yours and I’m gonna blow that black heart of yours out.” – Clay
28. “I buried my best friend three days ago. As cliché as this sounds, I left a part of me in that box.” – Jax
29. “Is there anything you love so much, you’d protect it, no matter the cost; the damage it did to you?” – Jax
Also read: True Love Quotes
Deep Sons of Anarchy Quotes That Will Tug at Your Heartstrings
30. “When the time comes she needs to tell my sons who I really am. I’m not a good man. I’m a criminal and a killer. I need my sons to grow up hating the thought of me.” – Jax
31. “The most obvious was forgiveness. If I was wronged by anyone, in or out of the club, I had to be compensated by money or blood. There was no turning the other cheek. When relationships become a ledger of profit and loss, you have no friends, no loved ones, just pluses, and minuses. You are absolutely alone.” – John
32. “I have to remove myself from those whose lives were affected by my decisions. Those I love as well as those I hate. It’s getting more and more difficult to be a brother when my decisions are the ones a father has to make. I now realize that every time I make a decision affects everyone around me. By the time you’re old enough to make sense of this life, to make sense of me, you’ll know everything.” – Jax
33. “So let’s not get too lost in righteousness. I’m the scumbag outlaw, and you’re the pillar of justice. And neither one of us likes looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?” – Jax
Also read: Deep Meaningful Quotes
Memorable Sons of Anarchy Quotes to Keep In Our Minds
34. “This is about war and maybe tomorrow, next month, maybe ten years from now someone wearing a Reaper will cut your heart out.” – Bobby
35. “You know why I like teaming up with you, Hap? Because when we do, I’m the normal one.” – Tig
36. “Gemma knows every truth behind every lie inside every secret. She’s the gatekeeper.” – Juice
37. “You’re a man who dares to dance with the freaks.” – Venus
38. “Why don’t you bounce my face off the floor? Then maybe you’ll recognize me.” – Gemma
39. “I’m more scared now than I ever was. I’m scared of getting caught. I’m scared of not getting caught.” – Tara
40. “I’m getting released. There’s nothing you can do to stop that. I’ll find out who you are, and where you live, and then I’m gonna kill you.” – Jax
41. “And what is it you think I need? Love? Only men need to be loved, sweetheart. Women need to be wanted.” – Gemma
Sons of Anarchy Quotes for Those With Feelings of Regret
42. “Einstein said that any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. But it takes a touch of genius and lots of courage to move something in the opposite direction. I’m realizing that my touch of genius and my courage are coming too little, too late.” – John
43. “The things I’m proud of and the things I regret—and then you’ll be faced with your own decisions. And just know that the decisions that you make affect everyone and everything. It has taken me a long time to realize that, and I wish I would have sooner. And as much as I want to help you, tell you what to do. I can’t. Those choices will be yours, and yours alone. The only advice I can give you, sons, is to examine who you are as people and what you choose as your path in your life.” – Jax
44. “That’s what I need to tell you to let you know how hard I am trying not to cave under the weight of all the awful things I feel in my heart. Sometimes my life feels like a deadly balancing act when I feel slamming up against what I should do, impulsive reactions racing to solutions miles ahead of my brain.” – Jax
45. “Children face inward, wallow in their own selfish needs. Men face out, take action on the needs of others. I’m at that place boys. I’m staring one of those decisions in the face and it looks back at me with historical eyes and it calls me a coward, a killer, a fraud.” – Jax
Funny Sons of Anarchy Quotes for a Day Full of Laughter
46. “He made it through the Iraqi minefields only to get taken out in a goddamn kitchen.” – Clay
47. “Some days you’re the Beamer, some days you’re the goddamn deer.” – Jax
48. “You so much as flash a pretty grin at him—I will jam my fist so far up your bony ass, your cup size will double.” – Gemma
49. “I bought him fingers.” – Gemma
50. “Steal A Fire Engine Too.” – Tig
Also read: Funny Quotes
How Did These Sons of Anarchy Influence Your Definition of a Happy and Triumphant Life?
Perhaps the most fantastic aspect of the series is portraying that life is not black or white. The characters may be unlawful and, most of the time, brutal, but their love and loyalty toward their family deserve to be recognized.
Unfavorable circumstances may lead us to make decisions that will negatively impact our lives and the lives of the people around us. But, remember that our sins don’t make us who we are, and we always have the opportunity to change for the better. Regardless of what we choose, we must always be ready to face the consequences of our wrongdoings.
With that, let these Sons of Anarchy quotes serve as a reminder that you can always choose both your family and what you’re passionate about. But, each choice comes with a responsibility. It’s essential to constantly learn from our actions, so we don’t spiral down and repeat the same mistakes.
What life lessons have you learned from this Sons of Anarchy quote collection? Which of these quotes are your favorites? Leave your comment and join the discussion below.