If you need some hilarious hard truths about life, then these Daria quotes are for you.
Daria is an animated comedy sitcom based on the Beavis and Butt-Head series character. The show is about a teenage girl named Daria Morgendorffer and her best friend Jane Lane’s honest thoughts on life.
The characters’ deadpan humor, paired with their dry and sarcastic conversations, produces the series’s funniest scenes. But, despite being a comedy, Daria is a show that is brave enough to show the unfiltered truths about life.
So, if you are interested in cynical humor, add these Daria quotes to your must-read list now! Make sure you don’t miss anything by reading the full collection below.
Let’s get started.
And check out these Adventure Time quotes and The Simpsons quotes.
Best Daria Quotes
1. “Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked, the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not ‘sort of the same thing.’ And there is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can’t be improved by pizza.” – Daria Morgendorffer
2. “Is there any time when how you look doesn’t affect how you’re judged?” – Daria Morgendorffer
3. “I prefer to be alone to understand my feelings.” – Daria Morgendorffer
4. “Let’s talk strategy. I don’t wanna arrive without a plan.” – Jane Lane
5. “Suppose you were well known for not caring what other people think of you, and then suddenly, you did something that showed maybe you do care a little about what other people think of you. Would that invalidate everything you’d done and said up ’till then and make you a hypocrite?” – Daria Morgendorffer
6. “I’m not sure that I want an identity based on appearance.” – Daria Morgendorffer
7. “My goal is not to wake up at 40 with the bitter realization that I’ve wasted my life on a job I hated because I was forced to decide on a career in my teens.” – Daria Morgendorffer
8. “I am too smart and sensitive to live in a world like ours.” – Daria Morgendorffer
9. “Why settle for vanity when you can have pure egotism?” – Jane Lane
10. “Sometimes your shallowness is so thorough, it’s almost like depth.” – Daria Morgendorffer
Memorable Daria Quotes
11. “Do you think if you breathe on me, I might catch your enthusiasm?” – Daria Morgendorffer
12. “And, remember, mom, cute is not a look. It’s not an attitude. It’s a way of being.” – Daria Morgendorffer
13. “As far as I’m concerned, the only difference between school and prison is the wardrobe.” – Quinn Morgendorffer
14. “They shouldn’t be selling stuff to people under the guise of educating them.” – Daria Morgendorffer
15. “A few days ago, my father had a heart attack, forcing me to admit his mortality to myself for the first time. Accepting this grim new knowledge has been especially difficult as I have been under constant yammering assault by two utterly brainless and talentless so-called ‘radio personalities.’ And so, for these reasons, I, Daria Morgendorffer, am mental in the morning.” – Daria Morgendorffer
16. “My biggest fear right now is that I’ll wake up, and this conversation won’t be a dream.” – Daria Morgendorffer
17. “Do you think I’m a rigid, unrealistic, unforgiving, self-righteous jerk who can’t hold on to a friend?” – Daria Morgendorffer
18. “I don’t have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.” – Daria Morgendorffer
19. “Oh, gee. Did I wake you? I guess that means you haven’t been murdered. Well, that’s good.” – Daria Morgendorffer
Also read: Family Guy Quotes, Rick and Morty Quotes
Daria and Jane Quotes That Will Put a Smile on Your Lips
20. Jane Lane: “Misery loves company.”
Daria Morgendorffer: “You don’t have to tell me that. It’s the basis of our whole friendship.”
21. Jane Lane: “Use your womanly attributes.”
Daria Morgendorffer: “Gotcha, I’ll give birth.”
22. Jane Lane: “I’m telling you, puppets make anything funny. Give me something that isn’t funny.”
Daria Morgendorffer: “Um, a plane crash into a nuclear power plant.”
Also read: Calvin and Hobbes Quotes, Pinky and the Brain Quotes
Hilarious Daria Quotes That Anyone Can Relate To
23. “I’ve been very busy procrastinating all day.” – Daria Morgendorffer
24. “Is life always tawdry, stupid, and humiliating? Or is this just a phase?” – Daria Morgendorffer
25. “I don’t like to smile unless I have a reason.” – Daria Morgendorffer
26. “It never would’ve worked unless I tried or something.” – Daria Morgendorffer
27. “We only live once. I hope!” – Daria Morgendorffer
28. “I figure, if the people suck, I can always wear headphones.” – Jane Lane
29. “The problem with going to restaurants is that they’re not in my room.” – Daria Morgendorffer
30. “Sometimes it amazes me how stupid people can be.” – Daria Morgendorffer
31. “You gloss over everything with a cynical joke and no one knows what you really believe in.” – Helen Morgendorffer
32. “Oh! What a joy I didn’t wake up dead. So, I can go to school and resume my yawning.” – Daria Morgendorffer
33. “We could meet on weekends to eat pizza and complain!” – Jane Lane
34. “Why didn’t I just stay home where it’s nice and quiet and nothing ever happens.” – Daria Morgendorffer
35. “I’m succeeding at failing!” – Jane Lane
Also read: Futurama Quotes, Zapp Brannigan Quotes
Sarcastic Daria Quotes for Everyone Who Needs a Laugh
36. “Your lack of interest in personal interaction makes you an ideal candidate for working with the dead.” – Helen Morgendorffer
37. “Have you ever heard the expression ‘Get the hell away from me?'” – Daria Morgendorffer
38. Trent Lane: “Daria, do you ever feel like you are wasting your life?”
Daria Morgendorffer: “Only when I’m awake.”
39. Helen Morgendorffer: “You’re never going to make friends if you keep your nose buried in a book.”
Daria Morgendorffer: “Let’s hope.”
40. Quinn Morgendorffer: “Eww! You’re not really gonna eat all that fat, are you?”
Daria Morgendorffer: “No, I’m going to stick it in my boots ’cause I love the squishy, squishy feeling ’round my toes.”
Also read: Hank Hill Quotes, King of the Hill Quotes
Which Daria Quote Changed Your Perspective About Life?
Daria and Jane are characters that are not often represented in the media. They are intelligent, unenthused, and cynical characters that are not afraid to speak the truth all the time.
However, it’s their brutal honesty that makes the series so entertaining. People are often scared of thinking about the harsh reality we exist in, and seeing Daria do that feels refreshing.
On the flip side, having this kind of humor does not mean that we think negatively about life. It just means that we accept the hard truths and find ways to still have fun and laugh about it. We do not see life through rose-colored glasses but through a lens of honesty.
So, we hope that these Daria quotes were able to make you comfortable living with the truth of life. Remember that no matter how hard our experiences are, we can always find ways to live our best life.
Which Daria quote is your favorite? Do you have more quotes to add to the collection? Leave your answers in the section below!