We’ve gathered these Pancho Villa quotes to inspire you to fight for your rights and use your voice to lead many toward a common goal.
Pancho Villa was known to be the Mexican Robinhood and the person who could kill without conscience. His life wasn’t all that easy, as he started from the bottom of society to become one of the most influential people who helped shape Mexico into what it is today.
You can’t say Pancho Villa was a saint, but you can count on him if you need any help. Get to know more about his journey from the famous lines we’ve rounded up in this collection.
And don’t forget to check out these Emiliano Zapata quotes.
Best Pancho Villa Quotes
1. “My sole ambition is to rid Mexico of the class that has oppressed her and given the people a chance to know what real liberty means. And if I could bring that about today by giving up my life, I would do it gladly.”
2. “They spend their time discussing nonsense and stealing money that belongs to the people.”
3. “I, Pancho Villa, was a loyal man that destiny brought the world to fight for the good of the poor and that I will never betray nor forget my duty.”
4. “I am not an educated man. I never had an opportunity to learn anything except how to fight.”
5. “You, sir, have destroyed the revolution.”
6. “Humble people like me fight for justice and for better luck.”
7. “The country must be governed by someone who really loves his people and his land, who shares wealth and progress. I have all that, only that I am ignorant.”
8. “What would be of the world if we were all generals if we were all capitalists or we were all poor?”
9. “Armies are the greatest supports of tyranny. There can be no dictator without his army.”
10. “A woman who is unfaithful deserves to be shot.”
Pancho Villa Quotes About the Revolution That Will Stick With You Forever
11. “Don’t let it end like this.”
12. “What else is there for the rich to do, If not to relieve the poor of their misery?”
13. “It’s simple―this bunch of dandies has made a fool of you, and this will eventually cost us our necks, yours included.”
14. “Companions of arms and lords. Do not believe that the one who is going to speak to them is a philosopher, I am a man of people, but you will understand that these men when they speak, speak with the heart.”
15. “You Americans don’t take off your hats when you come to my headquarters, do you?”
16. “It is the Revolution, the magical word, the word that is going to hang everything, that is going to bring us immense delight and a quick death.”
17. “When the new republic is established, there will be no more army in Mexico.”
18. “Tell them I said something.”
19. “It is just that we all aspire to be more, but also that we all make use of our actions.”
20. “Men will not forget that Pancho Villa was loyal to the cause of the people.”
What Bits and Pieces of History Were You Able to Get From These Quotes?
Pancho Villa was born on June 5, 1878. However, his life was short-lived as he was assassinated in 1923, in Parral, Mexico. Villa was most famous as a military general that led the constitutional army in the Mexican revolution.
He was deemed to be an outstanding general who led his unit to victory. But, alongside his many accomplishments are defeats that taught him many lessons that made him wiser and more discerning.
We can’t deny that Pancho Villa lived the life of a ruthless criminal for most of his service in the revolution. But, we hope that this collection of his best quotes was able to give you some insightful nuggets of wisdom you can apply to the battles you’re facing right now.
Were these quotes relevant to you? Have you heard of Pancho Villa before? Don’t forget to leave a comment below.