We’ve gathered our favorite The Lorax quotes that make you feel nostalgic and more aware of the world’s environmental issues!
One of Dr. Seuss’s most successful and well-known works is his book entitled, The Lorax. While it’s generally categorized as a children’s book, people of all ages can relate to it as it is packed with empowering messages of hope, love, and respect for Mother Nature.
But, the book was banned in 1989 in a school in California because it was believed that its plot shed a negative light on the logging industry. Now, we can say though, that Dr. Seuss and his insights in The Lorax were accurate and valid. Read the entire list below to find out more!
And don’t forget to check out these Dr. Seuss quotes and The Cat in the Hat quotes.
Best The Lorax Quotes
1. “I meant no harm. I most truly did not. But I had to grow bigger. So bigger I got.” – The Lorax
2. “But now that you’re here, the word of The Lorax seems perfectly clear. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – The Once-ler
3. “It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.” – The Lorax
4. “Business is business! And business must grow regardless of crummies in tummies, you know.” – The Once-ler
5. “A tree falls the way it leans. Be careful which way you lean.” – The Lorax
Famous Quotes From The Lorax
6. “‘I’m busy,’ I told him. ‘Shut up, if you please.’ I rushed ‘cross the room, and in no time at all, built a radiophone.” – The Once-ler
7. “Where will they go? I don’t hopefully know. They may have to fly for a month—or a year—to escape from the smog you’ve smogged up around here.” – The Lorax
8. “I’m biggering my company, I’m biggering my factory, I’m biggering my corporate sign! Everybody out there take care of yours, and me? I’ll take care of mine mine mine mine mine!” – The Once-ler
9. “You callin’ me a peanut, huh? I’ll go right up your nose!” – The Lorax
10. “Then he pulls up the pail, makes a most careful count to see if you’ve paid him the proper amount.” – The Once-ler
11. “‘Catch!’ calls The Once-ler. He lets something fall. It’s a Truffula seed. It’s the last one of all! You’re in charge of the last of the Truffula seeds. And Truffula trees are what everyone needs.” – The Lorax
12. “The Lorax said nothing. Just gave me a glance—just gave me a very sad, sad backward glance—as he lifted himself by the seat of his pants.” – The Once-ler
13. “He’ll tell you, perhaps, if you’re willing to pay.” – The Lorax
14. “I laughed at The Lorax. ‘You poor stupid guy! You never can tell what some people will buy.'” – The Once-ler
15. “Sir! You are crazy with greed. There is no one on earth that would buy that fool Thneed!” – The Lorax
Also read: Famous Quotes, Inspirational Quotes
The Lorax Quotes to Inspire You
16. “That was long, long ago. But each day since that day I’ve sat here and worried and worried away. Through the years, while my buildings have fallen apart, I’ve worried about it with all of my heart.” – The Once-ler
17. “I felt a great leaping of joy in my heart.” – The Lorax
18. “Grow a forest. Protect it from axes that hack. Then The Lorax and all of his friends may come back.” – The Once-ler
Interesting The Lorax Quotes About Trees
19. “I am The Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.” – The Lorax
20. “Plant a new Truffula. Treat it with care. Give it clean water. And feed it fresh air.” – The Once-ler
21. “What I want more than anything in the whole world is to see a real living tree, growing in my backyard.” – Audrey
22. “This tree comes in all four seasons. Winter, summer, fall, and—disco!!” – Ted’s Mom
23. “I am The Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please!” – The Lorax
24. “Look, everyone here needs trees and you’re chopping them down! So, we’ve got a big problem.” – The Lorax
25. “Those are trees. Real ones. They used to grow all around here. And people said that the touch of their tufts was softer than anything, even silk. And they smelled like butterfly milk.” – Audrey
26. “Come on Ted, dance with the tree!” – Ted’s Mom
27. “How my business did grow! Now, chopping one tree at a time was too slow. So I quickly invented my super-axe-hacker, which whacked off four Truffula trees at one smacker.” – The Once-ler
28. “I speak for the trees! Let them grow! Let them grow!” – The Lorax
The Lorax Quotes That Will Tell You More About the Plot and Characters
29. “Oh! How nice to see someone so undisturbed by reality.” – The Once-ler
30. “And I’ll never forget the grim look on his face when he heisted himself and took leave of this place, through a hole in the smog, without leaving a trace.” – The Once-ler
31. “She is not some girl, she’s a woman. In high school. And she loves trees. And I’m gonna get her one.” – Ted
32. “You did your best. Come here, I’ll deal you in.” – The Lorax
33. “Exactly, and sleeping is the body’s way of telling other people to go away!” – O’Hare
34. “Way back in the days when the grass was still green and the pond was still wet and the clouds were still clean.” – The Once-ler
35. “I went right on biggering, selling more thneeds. And I biggered my money, which everyone needs.” – The Once-ler
Witty The Lorax Quotes to Make You Giggle
36. “I’m playing poker, he’s playing goldfish, and I think he’s hungry.” – The Lorax
37. “Please, pardon my cough, they cannot live here. So I’m sending them off.” – The Lorax
38. “I’m Frankenstein’s head on a spider’s body!” – O’Hare
39. “I called all my brothers and uncles and aunts and I said, ‘Listen here! Here’s a wonderful chance for the whole Once-ler family to get mighty rich.’” – The Once-ler
40. “No one can sing who has smog in his throat.” – The Lorax
Did The Lorax Teach You the Importance of Protecting Our Natural Resources?
The Lorax is a children’s book about the devastating environmental effects of deforestation. It tells the story of a greedy entrepreneur that wants to destroy a Truffula forest to make Thneeds, and the wise Lorax who tries to stop him.
As his business grows bigger, food shortages and pollution issues arise. It eventually closes when there are no more trees to support the industry.
The quotes in this collection reveal nature’s retaliation against humanity if we don’t reign in our greed. As we’ve seen in The Lorax, we must protect our natural resources and our surroundings. Let us plant more trees to protect our ecosystem and conserve resources.
Which of the quotes above piqued your interest? Were you moved to plant more trees and take care of the environment? Join the discussion below.